Anti NSA Spying Bill
Sen. Rand Paul has sponsored a bill that would curb the National Security Agency's ability to search phone records. Not a single other U.S. senator has signed on.
"The revelation that the NSA has secretly seized the call records of millions of Americans, without probable cause, represents an outrageous abuse of power and a violation of the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution. I have long argued that Congress must do more to restrict the Executive's expansive law enforcement powers to seize private records of law-abiding Americans that are held by a third-party," Paul, a Republican, said when introducing his bill, the "Fourth Amendment Restoration Act of 2013." 
'Restore the Fourth' Rally in D.C.
On July 4th, 2013, representatives of the Council on American-Islamic Relations, the nation's largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization, joined "concerned citizens" in Washington, D.C., to demand the protection of Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable searches and seizures.
The event is part of a nationwide movement called Restore the Fourth. Rallies will take place in 81 cities and towns across the country to voice concerns about recent revelations of domestic spying.
Location: McPherson Square, Washington, D.C. Time: Noon - 2 p.m.
Endorsed by: StopWatching.Us, Demand Progress, Bill of Rights Defense Committee, Institute for Policy Studies, National Lawyers Guild, Get FISA Right, Washington Peace Center, Montgomery County Civil Rights Commission, Defending Dissent, Council on American-Islamic Relations, CAIR-MD.
Speakers: Senator Rand Paul (R-KY, recorded video); Governor Gary Johnson (L, recorded video); Congressman Alan Grayson (D-FL, recorded video); Carla Howell, Libertarian Party President; Thomas Drake, former senior executive of the NSA and whistleblower; Craig Aaron, president and CEO of Free Press; Robert McCaw, CAIR Government Affairs Manager; representatives of CAIR-MD.
Freedom to Travel to Cuba Act of 2015
- American Political Action Committee,IAPAC Candidates, accessed January 29, 2017
- [http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/sen-rand-pauls-lonely-crusade-nsa-spying/story?id=19385167#.Ud0O9Kxg2Jg, abc News, Sen. Rand Paul's Lonely Crusade Against NSA Spying By ABBY D. PHILLIP June 13 2013]
- CAIR Press Release, CAIR Reps to Speak at 'Restore the Fourth' Rally in D.C. Last Updated on Tuesday, 02 July 2013
- [ http://peoplesworld.org/cuba-travel-bill-advances-in-the-senate/PW, Cuba travel bill advances in the Senate by: Emile Schepers May 20 2015]
- [%22S+299%22}, Congress.Gov. S.299 - Freedom to Travel to Cuba Act of 2015114th Congress (2015-2016) | G]