"Los Angeles Remembers"
- Ed Asner - More than 50 people gathered in the James Cagney Room of Actor Ed Asner and L.A. Benefit Attendees (sic) the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) on Nov. 13, 1999 for a benefit reception that raised more than $4,000 for the Greensboro Justice Fund. The program featured three women survivors of the Greensboro Massacre:
- Dr. Martha Nathan, widow of Dr. Michael Nathan.
- Willena Cannon, who was arrested on Nov. 3;
- Frankie Powell, "who was 8 months pregnant when she was shot by the Klan and Nazi caravan".
- Mary Trevor, "who wrote several songs about the Greensboro Massacre and performed 20 years earlier at the funeral march, provide musical entertainment"
Also in attendance were:
- Ed Asner - actor
- Jackie Goldberg - LA City Councilmember
- Zeke Zeidler - Redondo Beach Schoolboard member
- Stewart Kwoh - Greensboro civil rights suit attorney along with
- Tom Ono - suit attorney
- Rev. Nelson Johnson - Greensboro Justice Fund Board President provided his greeting via a videotaped message.
- Mayor Judy Chu - Monterey Park, "dedicated the evening to Linda Mitchell a longtime ardent supporter of the GJF, who passed away suddenly in July, 1999. A candle-lighting ceremony evoked the memory of the lives of each of the Greensboro martyrs".
- Prof. Jose Calderon read a poem.
"Peace Action" parties
Party for Ed Markey for Senate!
Rep. Ed Markey Sunday, April 28, 2013, 4:00 pm • Suggested donation $50 to the Markey Campaign
Choice of 7 locations:
- Cambridge: Eva Moseley, host
- Groveland: Rachel Williams, host
- Jamaica Plain: Helen Raizen and Kathy Macdonald, hosts
- Milton: Tom Piatt and Kris Piatt, hosts
- Monterey: at the Monterey General Store; Pat Salomon, host
- Newton: Prasannan Parthasarathi, host
- Northampton: Marty Nathan and Elliot Fratkin, hosts