Mary Trevor is a musician/activist.
May Day Singers
"Los Angeles Remembers"
- Ed Asner - More than 50 people gathered in the James Cagney Room of Actor Ed Asner and L.A. Benefit Attendees (sic) the Screen Actors Guild (SAG) on Nov. 13, 1999 for a benefit reception that raised more than $4,000 for the Greensboro Justice Fund. The program featured three women survivors of the Greensboro Massacre:
- Dr. Martha Nathan, widow of Dr. Michael Nathan.
- Willena Cannon, who was arrested on Nov. 3;
- Frankie Powell, "who was 8 months pregnant when she was shot by the Klan and Nazi caravan".
- Mary Trevor, "who wrote several songs about the Greensboro Massacre and performed 20 years earlier at the funeral march, provide musical entertainment"
Also in attendance were:
- Ed Asner - actor
- Jackie Goldberg - LA City Councilmember
- Zeke Zeidler - Redondo Beach Schoolboard member
- Stewart Kwoh - Greensboro civil rights suit attorney along with
- Tom Ono - suit attorney
- Rev. Nelson Johnson - Greensboro Justice Fund Board President provided his greeting via a videotaped message.
- Mayor Judy Chu - Monterey Park, "dedicated the evening to Linda Mitchell a longtime ardent supporter of the GJF, who passed away suddenly in July, 1999. A candle-lighting ceremony evoked the memory of the lives of each of the Greensboro martyrs".
- Prof. Jose Calderon read a poem.
- [Workers Viewpoint September 29 1980]