GI Civil Liberties Defense Committee
At UCLA's Franz Hall, in Los Angeles, April 24, 1976, the Democratic Socialist Organizing Committee, organized a a forum, "for all interested liberals, leftists, trade unionists, to develop priority platform for progressives at the Democratic Party National Convention."
Speakers included DSOC chairman Michael Harrington, Jo Seidita, Democratic National Committee, Burt Wilson, coordinator of Campaign Against Utility Service Exploitation, Wallace Albertson, President, California Democratic Council.
- Are there concrete programs that progressives can work for in this election year which could begin to democratize our social and economic institutions? D.S.O.C. thinks that there are---and has instituted a nationwide series of conferences to discuss the DEMOCRACY '76 program.
Standing for AD 55
In 2019 Jim Gallagher stood from AD 55 for the California Democratic Party Central Committee.
I am Retired and an elected member of the San Bernardino County Democratic Party since 2016, also serving as Third Vice Chair on its Executive Board until 2020. I have been in charge of Campaign Operations and Candidate Development. To date, I have organized two rounds of annual multiple Candidate Development workshops for San Bernardino County candidates. I have also managed the Candidate endorsement processes. This involves deploying and convening panels, candidate questionnaires, and interviews of prospective Democratic candidates. We have had a 42% success rate in our conservative County for local districts!
2. I am 1st Vice President of the Chino Valley Democratic Club and an active member of the Tri-Counties Democratic Club. I am a supporting working partner of the Indivisible 39, Progressive 39 and Fair 39 action groups.
3. In AD55, I have participated in numerous rallies like the Women’s March, Science march, and Tax March. I have participated in targeted demonstrations against Republicans like Ed Royce and Ling Ling Chang while walking precincts to save SD20 Josh Newman, elect CD39 Gil Cisneros and AD55 Gregg Fritchle. I have also canvassed for local School Board candidates in the Chino Valley.
- Undated, GI Civil Liberties Defense Committee letterhead circa 1969
- Event advertizing leaflet