- 1 Abortion
- 2 EMILY's List
- 3 21st Century Democrats support
- 4 PDA contact
- 5 AARA connection
- 6 ARA endorsements
- 7 New Democrat Coalition, 113th Congress
- 8 Council for a Livable World 2016
- 9 External links
- 10 References
Kirkpatrick received $7000 in lobbying funds from Planned Parenthood in 2008.
Kirkpatrick has been supported by EMILY's List during her campaigning.
21st Century Democrats support
21st Century Democrats is a Political Action Committee that has stood for Progressive causes for over 20 years. Founded in 1986 by Institute for Policy Studies affiliate, Iowa Senator Tom Harkin, Democratic Socialists of America affiliates, former Texas Agriculture Secretary Jim Hightower, and former Illinois Congressman Lane Evans. Its three main goals are to help elect progressive candidates, train young people about grassroots organizing, and lastly, to continue to support our elected officials after Election Day "through our comprehensive progressive network".
The mission of 21st Century Democrats is to build a "farm team" of progressive populists who will be the future leaders of the Democratic Party.
- In each election cycle, we endorse a diverse array of candidates who exemplify our values and show unusual promise to advance our progressive goals. We invest in some of the most competitive races as well as in some of the most challenging – those in which the candidates are outstanding but the traditional Democratic supporters are most reticent. We back candidates in primaries as well as general election races, and we focus the bulk of our resources on electing challengers and protecting vulnerable incumbents.
In 2013 Progressive Democrats of America assigned activists to deliver their material to almost every US Congressman and several Senators. Sallie Kladnick, was assigned as contact for Rep. Kirkpatrick.
Marking the 78th birthday of Social Security, the Arizona Alliance for Retired Americans members, leaders and community activists celebrated on Wednesday, August 14, 2013, at 11:30am at Armory Park Senior Center Tuscon, . Attendees will celebrate the programs’ successes and released a new report detailing the impact of these programs on state residents.
WHAT: Social Security Birthday Party and Awarding of the “Champion of Social Security Award” to Community Activist Tino Torres and Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick WHO: Congressmen Raul Grijalva and Ron Barber, Congresswoman Kirkpatrick’s Deputy Director Blanca Varela, Local leaders, 80-100 area retirees, Arizona Alliance for Retired Americans leadership.
May 2014 meeting
Medicare Birthday Party
Medicare Birthday Party with Congresswoman Kirkpatrick Arizona Alliance for Retired Americans Monday, August 4, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM (PDT) Flagstaff, AZ.
With Medicare celebrating its 49th birthday last week and Social Security’s 79th birthday coming up on Thursday, August 14th, 2014, Alliance members have been holding celebrations across the country in honor of the retirement security programs. Richard Fiesta, Executive Director of the Alliance, traveled to Arizona from July 31st to August 4th in order to take part in some of the events. Alliance celebrations in the state included an event in Tempe with Rep. Kyrsten Sinema (AZ-9), an event in Tucson with Rep. Ron Barber (AZ-2), and an event in Flagstaff with Rep. Ann Kirkpatrick (AZ-1).
New Democrat Coalition, 113th Congress
- Ann Kirkpatrick
Council for a Livable World 2016
Council for a Livable World Senate endorsed candidates in 2016 were Catherine Cortez Masto (Nev), Tammy Duckworth (D-Ill.), Russ Feingold (D-Wis.), Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.), Ann Kirkpatrick (D-Ariz.), Patrick Murphy (D-Fla.), Patty Murray (D-Wash.), Deborah Ross (D-N.C.), Brian Schatz (D-Hawaii), Joe Sestak (D-Pa.), Ted Strickland (D-Ohio).
According to the Council;
- Kirkpatrick knows that the United States must do everything it can to prevent the dangerous proliferation of nuclear weapons. She believes in the Kissinger-Schulz-Nunn-Perry vision of a world free of nuclear weapons and supports reducing the U.S. nuclear weapons budget to increase funding for other national security priorities.
- The withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan is an important issue to her, as she stated in 2012:
- “In 2010, I spent Mother’s Day in Afghanistan, visiting the troops and speaking with military leaders there. After that firsthand visit and those on-the-ground discussions, I became more convinced than ever that we must accelerate our exit from Afghanistan and bring home the troops.”
Kirkpatrick recently voted in support of the Iran nuclear agreement, saying, “The United States has an opportunity to lead the world on a historic and critical diplomatic course against danger and chaos.”
- 21st Century Democrats website, About us]
- 21st Century Democrats 2008 bio
- PDA May 2013 Educate Congress Digest Letter drops (191 in total – 105 in April )
- AARA press release, August 15, 2013
- Check Out Alliance Activists in Action at Birthday Events from Coast to Coast
- NDC Member List
- CLW 2016 Senate candidates