Communist Party member
- Webb would have us believe that now is not the time for the CPUSA to be the “advanced guard” on the political stage. Instead, he places the struggle against the Bush administration as paramount, overshadowing every other struggle...
- The vision outlined in the article promises that when the Bush business is finished, we can renew our commitment to socialism. This is a highly unscientific, historically unfounded picture of social change. Our party has grown, not after the worst reactionaries are routed, but in the course of fighting against them and for reform. Workers are attracted to our party when they recognize that we fight for higher values, greater goals, and not for individual satisfaction, advancement or prestige. It is exactly our commitment to socialism that inspires others to put aside pettiness and individualism to fight for a greater cause.
Birthday greetings to Gus Hall
Communist Party tribute
In July 2007, the Communist Party USA paper Peoples World published a tribute "We salute Joyce Wheeler" to retiring Baltimore public school teacher and Communist Party member Joyce Wheeler. Kay Tillow and Walter Tillow signed the tribute page. Most of the more than 100 signatories were identified Party members.
Labor Campaign for Single Payer
In March 2009 the Labor Campaign for Single Payer Conference was held in Washington DC. Attendees included Anne Feeney, Kay Tillow and Walter Tillow, Jerry Tucker, Donna DeWitt, David Newby, Donna Smith, Tim Carpenter from Progressive Democrats of America, Dr. Margaret Flowers, John Conyers.
Houston Peace Council
On January 30, 2012, activists and members of the Houston Peace Council converged on the Greek Consulate located at 520 Post Oak Blvd. in an effort to support Steelworkers at the “Helleniki Halivourgia”. The action was peaceful, orderly and disciplined.
The purpose of the action was to support steelworkers who have been on strike since October 31, 2011 and have been met with very harsh, anti-labor tactics employed by the companies for which they work.
The activists met with the Consul, George Papanikolaou, at the Consulate of Greece in Houston. The Consul, Mr. Papanikolaou, was very cordial and businesslike in his approach to the activists. He received a statement of solidarity from the Houston Peace Council with the steelworkers in the industry “Helleniki Halivourgia” and reminded us that there are many other strikes ongoing in Greece now. He expressed appreciation for the activist’s sensitivities to the current situation in Greece. James Thompson Houston Peace Council.
- PW Upholding theoretical foundations by: WALTER TILLOW & GREG GODWIN may 13 2005
- We salute Joyce Wheeler, Peoples world July 27, 2007
- Thursday, March 04, 2010 March 2010 - Anne Feeney's Fellow Travelers' Advisory - VOLUME FIVE - #12
- US Peace Council blog, Houston Activists Support Steelworkers in GreeceHOUSTON, Texas – On January 30, 2012