Northeast Tennessee Democratic Socialists of America
Northeast Tennessee Democratic Socialists of America is affiliated to Democratic Socialists of America.
Democratic Left Gets a New Editorial Team Including a member from Northeast TN DSA.
- Under the leadership of incoming editor-in-chief R.L. Stephens, DSA's new editorial committee will work to cultivate a diverse range of perspectives and create a vibrant political discourse. We're thrilled to announce that one of our members, Bonnie Bailey, is part of the new committee. Congrats, Bonnie! 
ETSU salaries campaign
August 2019 Connor McClelland, Austin Cable, Dennis Prater, Kenzie Boughner, Carson Morgan and Kieran Russell-Berry stand with one of their signs on the steps of Burgin Dossett Hall ahead of a special meeting for the ETSU Board of Trustees
Amid that pressure from campus union and student organizers, the College of Arts and Sciences announced plans last month to raise adjunct wages by $100 for anyone making less than $800 per credit hour.
But activists like McClelland — who helped found the ETSU Young Democratic Socialists of America chapter and has served on the Student Government Association — believe this recent campaign is part of a broader fight for socio-economic justice.
- After helping start the YDSA on campus, and consequentially meeting the members of the United Campus Workers Union, I was reinvigorated with a passion I had for some time regarding labor unions and their power to improve the lives of workers. I had seen for some time the UCW work and struggle to get recognition for advocating against the conditions faced by many ETSU employees, and after finally getting involved with them, I wanted to help. I was one of the original core members who had pushed that YDSA as a group should focus on a campaign regarding this issue. We asked everyone if they were on board, and from there, we decided to start advocating for our adjunct faculty as supportive students, and every day the support and traction for Adjunct Action only grew.
Northeast Tennessee Democratic Socialists of America February 28, 2018 ·
Northeast TN DSA supports the teachers of West Virginia as they enter day six of their strike. Whitney Prater back center, Franklin Montenegro front, second from right.
Northeast Tennessee Democratic Socialists of America January 20, 2018.
County Commission run
Political Education Study Group - September 2017
Political Education Study Group - September 2017 Hosted by Northeast Tennessee DSA
Wednesday, September 20 at 6:30 PM - 8 PM
413 W Walnut St, Johnson City, TN 37604-6713, United.
- Location update: The meeting will now be held at The Next Door at 413 W Walnut St, beside the Acoustic Coffeehouse (which is 415 W Walnut).
- What is democratic socialism? What's the deal with capitalism? Join us for a presentation & discussion.
Invited on Facebook
- HeeJung No
- April Trivett
- Roxanne Denis
- Maggie Hess
- Sarah Hyder
- Ryan McMillan
- Amy Elizabeth Frazier
- Karen Anderson
- Sam Littleton
- Kelly Anderson
- John Meyer
- Chris M. Cooper
- Audra Schuppan
- Sandy Darlene Walker Leadingham
- Mary Brehm
- Mary Kay Christophersen
- Stephanie Cantrell
- Melissa Norris Masters
- Terry L. Green
- Jodie Fleck Ervin
- Khren Hannelore Miller
- Matthew Ryan Williams
- Emmie Marshall
- Momiam Too
- Bristol Joe
- Carleen Claybaker
- Beth Laws Sluder
- Marielle Charette Klapp
- Glenda Jones
- Olivia Leath
- Rose Blackwell
- Cara Hagan
- The Possum Post ISSUE #7 — April 2018
- Johson City Press, ETSU activist sees campus campaign as part of broader fight BRANDON PAYKAMIAN • UPDATED AUG 20, 2019