Lenore Colbert ...
CoC National Conference endorser
In 1992 Lenore Colbert, vice president Local 1199, New York, endorsed the Committees of Correspondence national conference Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s held at Berkeley California July 17-19.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Standing Together - Labor Standing together and showing support. How to respond to racism, sexism and anti-immigrant prejudice and other divisions within the labor movement? How to build labor solidarity and links with nationally oppressed communities?
- Lenore Colbert, vice president of occupational safety, Local 1199, NY
- Joan Levenson Cohen, past president, NYCoalition of Labor Union Women, UFT, NY
- Rafael Pizzaro, organizer, Local 1199, NY
- Howard Wallace, field rep., SEIU Local 250, SF
- CCDS Background
- [http://www.nathannewman.org/EDIN/.left/CoC/.conference/.election.html, Committees of Correspondence Conference, July 19,1992 Final Corrections to the Balloting Committee Report by Steve Willett]
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)