Center for Political Education
In 2001 Jose Palafox, a filmmaker, spoke at a film showing entitled: "Militarization of the U.S.-Mexico Border: A Film Showing of New World Border." The event was held at the San Francisco based Center for Political Education, an organization closely associated with the Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism.
"Social Justice in the Bay Area" open letter
An Open Letter to Men Committed to Social Justice in the Bay Area - Calling on Men in the Bay Area to Stand Up for Reproductive Justice.
- On January 22nd, the right-wing anti-choice movement will be coming to San Francisco to shout their anti-human rights, anti-woman message in the streets. At this time when women's rights to abortion are being challenged by the Bush administration and questioned in the Democratic party, it is crucial that we as men join the sisters organizing in opposition to this right-wing march and say: REPRODUCTIVE JUSTICE FOR ALL! 
Signatories included Jose Palafox, Dept. of Ethnic Studies, Visiting Professor at Mills College .
For May Day and Beyond: White People Step up for Immigrant Rights!
From a May 2006 letter;
- In the past month, five million people, mostly immigrants of color, have mobilized for justice and are making history, flooding the streets in unprecedented numbers. Meanwhile, the most visible participation by white people is coming from the racist and right wing leaders who are defining and dominating the debate in the Federal government and in the news, radio and opinion pages. Where are the voices of anti-racist white people in this crucial moment, when the worst anti-immigrant legislation in decades is still poised to drop?
- We, white people who believe in justice and ending racism, have a responsibility and a historic opportunity to stand with immigrant communities and unite behind their demands. As white people, most of us with U.S. citizenship, we call out to our white communities to take to the streets for immigrant rights. We must demonstrate that the rightwing racists, from the Minutemen to in the Congress, do not represent us!
- If you agree with these principles, we invite you to sign this letter and make your signature a commitment to putting them into action in your work and life.
- In struggle,
Endorsed by: Carlos Munoz, Jr., professor, UC Berkeley, Betita Martinez, Institute for Multiracial Justice, Maria Poblet, St Peters Housing Committee, Eric Mar, Eunice Cho, Sheila Chung, Bay Area Immigrant Rights Coalition, Renee Saucedo, Day Labor Program/La Raza Centro Legal, Kali Akuno, Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, Jose Palafox, professor, Stanford University, Phil Hutchings, Institute for Multiracial Justice.
- Center for Political Education website: Past Classes (1998 - 2007)
- Indymedia, Santa Cruz Indymedia | Health, Housing, and Public Services | Womyn An Open Letter to Men committed to Social Justice in the Bay Area by Rishi Awatramani and Chris Crass Friday Jan 14th, 2005 4:48 PM
- [http://rochester.indymedia.org/node/3109 For May Day and Beyond: White People Stepping Up for Immigrant Rights! Indymedia Open Letter to White Communities For May Day and Beyond: White People Step up for Immigrant Rights!]