The Black Commentator is an "independent weekly internet magazine dedicated to the movement for economic justice, social justice and peace".
- Providing commentary, analysis, and investigation on issues affecting African Americans and the African world.
In 1977 Ford and Gamble created Americas Black Forum, the first nationally syndicated Black news interview program on commercial television. Under their guidance, ABF was quoted weekly by national and international news organizations. A feat no other Black news entity has accomplished, before or since.
- Gamble who serves BC as Publisher and Chief Technical Officer, is the recipient of a national Sigma Delta Chi award for public service in journalism and numerous other honors for excellence in reporting and investigative reporting. The "beats" he covered as a broadcast journalist ranged from activism in the streets to the State Department and White House. The lure of a personal computer on his desk inspired a career change in 1985 and an immersion into what he saw as the future of communications. The acquisition of computer programming skills made it possible for Peter to achieve an important level of self-reliance in the technology of the 21st century.
- Ford served as Co-publisher of BC until August of 2006.
About Black Commentator
According to BC's website;
- The Black Commentator's core audience is African Americans and the African world and their allies in the movement for economic justice, social justice and peace. It is also important to share Black American and African world perspectives with the rest of the world, a mission uniquely suited to the Internet.
- Our focus is commentary, analysis and investigation, elements of political dialogue that are absolutely essential to the creation of movements for social change. Without regular forums for advocacy and debate, a people are at the mercy of their adversaries.
Many of the BC editorial board members have past or current ties to one or more of four Marxist organizations - Communist Party USA, Democratic Socialists of America, Committees of Correspondence for Democracy and Socialism, or the Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Board members as of 2009;
- The Reverend Irene Monroe