Americans for Immigrant Justice
Americans for Immigrant Justice advocates for illegal immigrants and manipulates the court system through what is referred to as "impact litigation." According to their website:
- "In addition to organizing and working with our elected officials for fair and workable immigration policies, we also use impact litigation as a means to both investigate immigration enforcement practices and to bring about needed reform."
Recipient of Open Society Funding
Americans for Immigrant Justice was awarded $25,000 over six months to "produce a series of rights-education workshops and materials for immigrants who are targets of hate in rural Florida."
Communities Against Hate
Open Society Foundation's Communities Against Hate initiative "supports organizations that are grappling with the spike in hate incidents in the United States over the last several months" as explained by a white paper dated June 22 2017.
- "Our local grants, which range from $15,000 to $150,000, aim to support, protect, and empower those who are targets of hateful acts and rhetoric, and to bolster communities’ resilience and ability to prevent such incidents from occurring in the future. We are making grants on a rolling basis, and there are a few more in process. A complete list will be published on the Open Society Foundations website when all of the grants have been issued."
Board of Directors
- Cristina Dominguez, Esq. | President
- Sharon Kegerreis, Esq. | Vice President
- Ilaria Pezzatini | Secretary
- Jurg Zundel, Esq. | Treasurer
- Carl Goldfarb, Esq. | At-Large
- Johanna Rousseaux, Esq. | At-Large
- Paulina Holguin Askins
- David Barbeito, CPA
- Jacqueline Becerra, Esq.
- Tanya Dawkins
- Kimberly Green, Ph.D.
- Connie Hicks
- Markenzy Lapointe, Esq.
- David Lawrence Jr.
- Janet McAliley
- Khalid Mirza
- Nild Pedrosa
- Jose Sepulveda, Esq.
- Peter Upton, Esq.
- Rev. Priscilla Felisky Whitehead
- Cesar Alvarez, Esq., Executive Chairman, Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Nan Bush, Film Producer
- Al Cardenas, Senior Partner, Squire, Patton & Boggs, Former Chair, American Conservative Union
- Edouard Duval Carrie, Internationally Acclaimed Artist
- Hodding Carter III, Retired President/CEO, The Knight Foundation
- Jonathan Demme (1944 - 2017), Academy Award Winning Director
- The Honorable Bob Graham, Former U.S. Senator, Former Governor of Florida
- Jose Pedro Greer, M.D., Assistant Dean & Department Chair, FIU College of Medicine, 2009 Presidential Medal of Freedom Honoree
- Mitchell Kaplan, Owner, Books & Books
- Sr. Jeanne O’Laughlin, O.P., Former President, Barry University
- Eduardo Padron, Ph.D., President, Miami Dade College
- Bruce Weber, Iconic Photographer
- Most Reverend Thomas Wenski, D.D., Archbishop of Miami 
- http://www.aijustice.org/advocacy_and_litigation ADVOCACY & LITIGATION PROGRAMS, accessed September 29 2017
- https://www.opensocietyfoundations.org/sites/default/files/communities-against-hate-front-line-organizations-20170313.pdf Communities Against Hate: Front-Line Organizations, accessed July 23 2017
- http://www.aijustice.org/board_of_directors Board of Directors, accessed September 29 2017