Raymond (Ray) Markey
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Standing Together - Community Standing together and showing support. How to respond to racism, sexism and anti-immigrant prejudice and other divisions among our communities? How to build solidarity and links among nationally oppressed an other communities?
- Laura Head, Professor of Black Studies, SF State University
- Ray Markey, president, NY Public Library Guild Local 1930, AFSCME, NY
- Carmen Rumbaut, worker and immigrant rights attorney, San Antonio
Committees of Correspondence
At the Committees of Correspondence conference, Berkeley California, July 17-19, 1992, Ray Markey was a candidatefor the CoC National Coordinating Committee-from New York, president American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), local 1930
Center for the Study of Working Class Life
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)
- CoC official ballot paper
- CoC Corresponder November 1996/January 1997 Page 2
- CCDS membership letter Dec 20 2002