William Julius Wilson
Template:TOCnestleft William Julius Wilson...
Salute to Harold Washington
On April 6, 1983, the Hyde Park Herald published an endorsement from the Hyde Park/Kenwood Citizens Committee of Democratic Party Chicago mayoral candidate Harold Washington. Signatories to the endorsement included William Julius Wilson and Beverly Wilson.
In 1990, Democratic Socialists of America was selling a list of pamphlets, mainly by members, including "Democratic Promise:Ideas for Turning America in a Progressive Direction", by Michael Harrington, William Julius Wilson and Robert Kuttner and "Poverty", by Michael Harrington, with contributions from Barbara Ehrenreich, William Julius Wilson and Mark Levinson.
In 1991, another was described as a DSA pamphlet, "A Socialist Perspective on the Politics of Poverty". Contributors were Michael Harrington, Barbara Ehrenreich, William Julius Wilson and Mark Levinson.
Campaign for America's Future
Speaking with Obama
- Over three hundred people attended the first of two Town Meetings on Economic Insecurity on February 25 in Ida Noyes Hall at the University of Chicago. Entitled "Employment and Survival in Urban America", the meeting was sponsored by the UofC DSA Youth Section, Chicago DSA and University Democrats.
The panelists were Toni Preckwinkle, Alderman of Chicago's 4th Ward, Barack Obama, candidate for the 13th Illinois Senate District, Professor William Julius Wilson, Center for the Study of Urban Inequality at the University of Chicago, Professor Michael Dawson, University of Chicago and Professor Joseph Schwartz, Temple University and a member of DSA's National Political Committee.
Democratic Socialists of America forum
Heather Higginbottom, William Julius Wilson, Dottie Stevens, Jack Clark and Robert J. Haynes
On October 30, 2001, Boston Democratic Socialists of America organized forum "Welfare, Children and Families: The Impact of Welfare Reform", with Heather Higginbottom, William Julius Wilson, Dottie Stevens, Jack Clark and Bob Haynes.
National Jobs For All Coalition
In 2010, William Julius Wilson, Prof. of Social Policy, Harvard University, was listed as serving on the advisory board of the Democratic Socialists of America dominated National Jobs For All Coalition.
- Hyde Park Herald April 6, 1983, page 8
- Democratic left, Jan/Feb 1989, page 13
- Democratic Left, Jan./Feb. 1990, page 14
- Democratic Left, March/April 1991, page 17
- New Ground 45, March - April, 1996
- National Jobs For All Coalition: Who We Are (accessed on Nov. 16, 2010)