Difference between revisions of "Union Network International"
Revision as of 17:34, 27 October 2009
UNI Global Union is a union for international level representing 20 million workers in 900 unions worldwide. It was created on January 1, 2000, when four organizations merged: FIET (International Federation of Employees, technicians and managers), MEI (Media and Entertainement International), IGF (International Graphical Federation) and CI (Communications International, formally PTTI).
UNI Global Union and Service Employees International Union are affiliates.
UNI Global Union states that "the global economy is in crisis and workers are bearing a disproportionate part of the burden." The solution to the crisis must include a global employment strategy that creates sustainable well-paying employment with bargaining rights.
As part of its "Organize and Recognize" campaign, UNI works with its member unions to ensure that union organizing and bargaining rights are enshrined in law. In countries where these laws do not exist, UNI is working to get them put into law. Where these laws do exist, UNI works with unions, the International Labour Organisation and other groups to sure that they are enforced. UNI also works in developing countries to build trade unions where there are none and to train and build capacity to its members.
The UNI Management Committee governs the group.
- Joe Hansen, President of UNI Management Committee, UFCW USA
Founding Partner Vice-Presidents
- Bo Stenor Larsen, founding partner Vice-President, DM Denmark, CI
- Ann Selin, founding partner Vice-President, PAM Finland, FIET
- Michel Muller, founding partner Vice-President, FILPAC-CGT France, IGF
- Heinrich Bleicher-Nagelsmann, founding partner Vice-President, ver.di Germany, MEI
Vice-Presidents from the regions:
- Americas: Joe Hansen, UFCW USA
- Asia and Pacific: Yoshikazu Yamaguchi, JPGU Japan
- Europa: Ann Selin PAM Finland
- Africa: Bones Skulu, SACCAWU South Africa
- Americas: Ruben Cortina, FAECYS Argentina
- Asia-Pacific: Joseph De Bruyn, SDA Australia
- Europa: Frank Bsirske, ver.di Germany
- Denise McGuire, Women's President with UNI Global Union, CONNECT UK
- Michel Gobet, Treasurer with UNI Global Union, SYNDICOM Switzerland
- Area XIV UK and Ireland:Billy Hayes, CWU UK
- Area XV Nordic Countries: Peter Hellberg, Unionen Sweden
- Area XVI Southern Europe: Pierangelo Raineri, FISASCAT-CISL Italy
- Area XVII Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherland: Ferre Wyckmans, LBC-NVK Belgium
- The UNI General Secretary: Philip Jennings
- The UNI Deputy General Secretary: Philip Bowyer
UNI Sector Global Unions
- Commerce: Alan Spaulding, UFCW USA
- Finance: Allan Bang, Finansforbundet Denmark
- Gaming: Pieter Heinink, Vakbond ABC Netherlands
- Graphical: Michel Muller, FILPAC-CGT France
- IBITS: Peter Hellberg, Unionen Sweden
- MEI: Heinrich Bleicher-Nagelsman, ver.di Germany
- Post and Logistics: Rolf Büttner ver.di Germany
- Property Services: Tom Balanoff, SEIU USA
- Telecom: Bo Stenor Larsen, DM Denmark