Sara Innamorato is a Pittsburgh area activist.
The Pittsburgh Democratic Socialists of America have chosen two candidates to endorse for the 2018 election cycle.
Summer Lee is running for Pennsylvania’s 34th Legislative District and Sara Innamorato is up for District 21. Both Lee and Innamorato were endorsed by Pittsburgh DSA, both identify as democratic socialists, and both are dues-paying members of the DSA.
Summer Lee is a graduate of Howard University School of Law and has been an organizer in the Woodland Hills School District area. She is a vocal opponent of armed police presence in schools and currently serves on the Woodland Hills Commission on Youth Development and Learning. She has advocated tirelessly for area juvenile and criminal justice reform, education funding, workers' rights, and creating decent jobs that pay a living wage.
Sara Innamorato is a graduate of Coro Pittsburgh's Center for Civic Leadership's Women in Leadership Program, and co-founder of She Runs, a nonprofit to encourage and empower women to run for government office. She is devoted to pursing healthcare for all, housing as a human right, and reforming Pennsylvania politics.
DSA endorsements, 2018
Democratic Socialists of America April 26 at 9:51am .
DSA is proud to announce national endorsements for nine candidates who are running for local, state, and federal office!
- Kaniela Ing, U.S. Congress for Hawaii’s 1st Congressional District
- Gayle McLaughlin, California Lieutenant Governor
- Summer Lee, Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 34
- Sara Innamorato, Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 21
- Kareem Kandil, Pennsylvania House of Representatives District 30
- Zellie Thomas, Paterson City Council New Jersey
- Brandy Brooks, Montgomery County Council Maryland
- Danielle Meitiv, Montgomery County Council Maryland
- Chris Wilhelm, Montgomery County Council Maryland
DSA Elected Officials, March 2019
From a March 6, 2019 by DSA National Electoral Committee statement "DSA Elected Officials Support Teacher Power and Working People Everywhere."
Endorsing Democratic Socialists of America members included Sara Innamorato, State Representative, PA.