People for Bernie
People for Bernie supports Bernie Sanders presidential campaign.
Senior digital strategist
December 2018 Caleb-Michael Files - senior digital strategist People for Bernie.
We Are People for Bernie
- We are activists and organizers trying to build a broad, effective movement for democratic change. We come from different backgrounds, and were inspired by a variety of issues and fights for peace, rights and the planet. Our goal is to establish a government that carries out the will of the people, rather than one that serves to increase the profits of the wealthiest 1% at the expense of the rest of us.
- To that end we support Bernie Sanders in his bid to become the presidential nominee of the Democratic Party. We stand firmly behind Senator Sanders as the strongest progressive candidate in the race right now. He has consistently demonstrated his long-standing commitment to our values. Sanders is a bold alternative to the status quo.
- As a truly progressive candidate for the Democratic Party nomination, Senator Sanders has the chance to inspire millions of Americans with policy proposals that put the interests of the 99% front and center.
- Franklin D. Roosevelt called out the “economic royalists” of his day. Senator Sanders is picking up the banner. He answers to “We the People” and not to the corporate and financial sectors. Bernie brings the kind of leadership that is necessary to building a real, living democracy.
- The authors of this letter are veteran grassroots organizers of Occupy Wall Street, and are joined by many energized brothers and sisters we have met along the way. In September 2011, our efforts changed the narrative of American politics, helping to focus it on the issues of our time: inequality, surrender to the power of concentrated wealth, the corruption of our democracy by moneyed interests, and the need for solutions as radical as our problems.
- We are signing as individuals hoping to kick-start a small ‘d’ democratic movement. People for Bernie won’t be a corporate-style, staff-driven, top-down enterprise with controlled messaging. It will reflect diverse constituencies from a broad range of movements, which in many cases haven’t seen the Democratic Party as a home for their deepest aspirations. It will reflect our commitment to fundamental change, not just a change of faces at the top of the political pyramid. People for Bernie will reflect the urgency of demand among the base for broader and more passionate grassroots political activity.
- We call on all other progressive forces to unite behind Sanders so we can have a united front in this important campaign.
- Moumita Ahmed
- Phillip Anderson - The Albany Project
- Betsy Avila - Young Democratic Socialists
- Kazembe Balagun - Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
- Brett Banditelli - Occupy Harrisburg
- Beth Becker - Occupy DC / McPherson
- Nadine Bloch - Nonviolence International, (The Ruckus Society)
- Joe Brusky - Overpass Light Brigade
- Melissa Byrne - Occupy DC-Mcpherson, Project Springboard
- Isham Christie - Occupy Wall Street
- Heidi Easton Chua Schwa - Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
- Mary Clinton - Occupy Wall Street
- Damien Crisp - Occupy Wall Street, Occupy Sandy
- Kelli Daley - Occupy Wall Street
- Ethan Earle - Rosa Luxemburg Stiftung
- Jackrabbit - Interoccupy
- Shana East - Chuy García Campaign, Girl Group Chicago, TRACERS
- Rick Echevarria - Changer
- Beka Economopoulos - Occupy Wall Street, Not An Alternative
- Michelle Esi - Occupy Wall Street Labor
- Jodie Evans - Co-founder CODEPINK
- Caleb-Michael Files - Sankofa
- Kim Fraczek - Environmental activist
- Amber Frost - Journalist
- Gan Golan - MayDay Space, Movement Net Lab
- Priscilla Grim - Occupy Wall Street Media Cleric, occupywallst.nyc
- Lane Hall - Overpass Light Brigade
- Gabriel Johnson
- Aly Johnson-Kurts - Former staff, Teachout-Wu campaign
- Howie Klein - Publisher, DownwithTyranny.com
- Charles Lenchner - Occupy Wall Street Tech Ops, Ready for Warren co-founder
- Joe Libertelli - Co-Founder, Progressive Democrats of America
- Angela Linneman
- Cecily McMillan - Occupy Wall Street
- Lisa Moline - Overpass Light Brigade
- Justin Molito - Ready for Bernie
- Larry Moskowitz - Left Labor Project
- Jesse Myerson - Occupy The Ballots
- Ed Ott - Faculty, Murphy Institute/CUNY
- Annabel Park - Filmmaker and founder of the Coffee Party
- Mark Provost - Us Uncut
- Jeff Rae - OWS, Ready for Bernie
- Paul Russell - Occupy Faith
- Audrey Sasson - Occupy Wall Street, 99 Pickets
- Daniel Sieradski - Occupy Judaism
- Andrew Smith - Rockaway Wildfire, Occupy Wall Street
- Zak Solomon - MayDay Space, Rising Tide NYC
- Nadya Stevens
- Bhaskar Sunkara - Jacobin Magazine
- Maria Svart - Democratic Socialists of America
- Diane Sweet - Blogger, Occupy Wall Street, Occupy the Boardroom, Environmentalist
- Robel Tekleab - Occupy Wall Street
- David Unger - Labor Organizer/Educator
- Harry Waisbren - Occupy Network
- Stan Williams - OWS
- Winnie Wong - Occupy Wall Street, Ready for Warren, Artists for Warren
- Robynne Wardlaw - Occupy Wall Street, Reverend Billy and the Stop Shopping Gospel Choir
- Tim Hjerstad - Founder, Films For Action
- Evan Wagner - OWS Tech Ops, Occupy Wall Street Sustainability
- Annie Mcshiras - Occupy Wall Street Alt Banking
- Michael Gould-Wartofsky Academic and Author of "The Occupiers"
- Eve Silber - Occupy Wall Street
- Brandon Weber - Upworthy
- Ethan Young - Left Labor Project, Portside.org