Template:TOCnestleft Michael Tanzer
Recommended appointees for a new Administration
In the 1988 book "Winning America: Ideas and Leadership for the 1990s" edited by Marcus Raskin, Chester Hartman, Sean Gervasi recommended Barry Bluestone, Gar Alperovitz, Donald Harris, Robert Browne, Jeff Faux, Carol O'Cleireacain, Jamie Galbraith, Howard Wachtel, Bennet T. Harrison, Michael Tanzer and Arthur MacEwan as recommended appointees for a new Administration page 24, 25).
Left Forum 2005
The Global Geopolitics of Oil:
- Sponsor: Union for Radical Political Economics
- Chair: Rina Garst, Union for Radical Political Economics
- Michael Klare, Hampshire College
- Michael Tanzer, Economic Consultant
- Tom O'Donnell, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Left Forum 2008
The Political Economy of Oil, Energy and the Environment
How the changing oil industry affects recession in the US economy, energy politics, and the growing US inequality of income and wealth.
- AK Gupta, Editor, The Indypendent, "The United States and the political-economy of the global oil order"
- Michael Tanzer, Tanzer Economic Associates, "Oil, Energy and Global Warming: The Disconnect between Scienceís Warnings and Proposed Solution"
- George Caffentzis, Philosophy, University of Southern Maine, "Oil, the US Working Class and the Crisis of Neoliberalism"
- Moderator: Cathy Mulder, Economics, Washington College
Left Forum 2011
Global Warming and Economic Cooling: Causes and Fight-back Strategies:
- Sponsored by: Union for Radical Political Economics
- Gelvin Stevenson, Clear Skies Group, Inc.; Community Resources Exchange; Cherokee National Historical Society
- Michael Tanzer, Tanzer Economic Associates
- Winona LaDuke, Long-time native, anti-nuke and clean energy activist
US Imperialism and the Pacific Rim
Conference US Imperialism and the Pacific Rim was schedule to be held November 13-14, 1969? at the Douglas Memorial Church, Washington, D.C. It was announced in an undated pamphlet which provided the following information on who was scheduled to be a speaker and on what topics.
"The attempt to convert the Pacific into an 'American lake' is no haphazard process. The objectives of this conference are to gain an understanding of the so-called Pacific Rim Strategy of the U.S. and help fashion the anti-imperialist movement in America which, together with the revolutionary forces of the Third World, will defeat it."
Some Workshop Leaders included Michael Tanzer - author of "Political Economy and International Oil and Underdeveloped Countries."