Prof. Michael Honey is a Washington based academic, and activist.
WEB DuBois Clubs of America
In 2013, Michael Honey was listed a a friend on the DuBois Clubs Facebook page.
National Committee Against Repressive Legislation
Southern Angela Davis Committee
Southern Angela Davis Committee to Free All Political Prisoners, Louisville, Oct. 7 1973.
- Michael Honey - Southern Committee Against Repressive Legislation & National Committee Against Repressive Legislation.
Birthday Greetings to William "Red" Davis
- In the fight for the unity and integrity of the Party in St. Louis, Missouri, in the post-war years, "Red" has been a rock of confidence and commitment to building the Communist Party.
Greetings were sent from Michael Honey of North Carolina.
Open letter to Andy Stern
- "We are writing to express our deep concern about SEIU's threatened trusteeship over its third largest local, United Healthcare Workers (UHW). We believe that there must always be room within organized labor for legitimate and principled dissent, if our movement is to survive and grow. Putting UHW under trusteeship would send a very troubling message and be viewed, by many, as a sign that internal democracy is not valued or tolerated within SEIU. In our view, this would have negative consequences for the workers directly affected, the SEIU itself, and the labor movement as a whole. We strongly urge you to avoid such a tragedy."
"Support Bill Ayers"
In October 2008, several thousand college professors, students and academic staff signed a statement Support Bill Ayers in solidarity with former Weather Underground Organization terrorist Bill Ayers.
In the run up to the U.S. presidential elections, Ayers had come under considerable media scrutiny, sparked by his relationship to presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack...
- We, the undersigned, stand on the side of education as an enterprise devoted to human inquiry, enlightenment, and liberation. We oppose the demonization of Professor William Ayers.
Michael Honey, Professor of Humanities at the University of Washington, Tacoma signed the statement.
- FB friends page
- NCARL letter, circa October 1965
- [Source: "Revolutionary Activities" hearings, Part 4, HISC, 1973 as cited below, p. 1500 & 1585 as Exhibit 29]
- Peoples Weekly World December 9, 1995 page 19
- Liberal Education website: List of Ayers Supporters