Template:TOCnestleft Lisa Hasegawa is Executive Director of the National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development (National CAPACD). She serves on the board of the Progressive Congress.
She is the author of The Change I Believe In: Fighting for Progress in The Age of Obama (Nation Books, 2011). She is also the editor of Meltdown: How Greed and Corruption Shattered Our Financial System and How We Can Recover and co-editor of Taking Back America--And Taking Down The Radical Right.
- "Hasegawa currently serves on the Boards of the National Low Income Housing Coalition, Asian Pacific Islander American VOTE and the Progressive Caucus Policy Foundation. She served as the Chair of the National Council for Asian Pacific Americans in 2006 and 2007 and continues to chair the NCAPA Housing, Community & Economic Justice Committee. She served on the first National Governing Board of the National Asian Pacific American Women’s Forum, the only national multi-issue organization dedicated to building a movement to advance social justice and human rights for APA women and girls.
- "Prior to joining National CAPACD, Hasegawa was the Community Liaison for the White House Initiative on AAPIs where she was responsible for ensuring that AAPI community groups from across the country were involved and informed about Initiative activities. She also worked for the U.S. DHHS Health Resources and Services Administration and the Office of Minority Health. Previously, she worked at two community health centers serving low-income AAPIs in Los Angeles and Oakland.
- "A fourth generation Japanese American from California, Lisa is a graduate of UCLA and Harvard’s School of Public Health."
AAFE 40th Anniversary Gala
Asian Americans for Equality celebrated their 40th Anniversary Gala, November 18, 2014, at Tribeca 360, 10 Debrosses St NYC.
Honored "Agents of Change" included Lisa Hasegawa;
- Lisa Hasegawa is the Executive Director of the National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development (NCAPACD), the first national advocacy organization dedicated to meeting the housing and community development needs of Asian American and Pacific Islander communities. National CAPACD was founded in 1999 by 15 CDCs like AAFE, and today has nearly 100 member organizations. Its mission is to improve the quality of life for low-income AAPIs by promoting economic vitality and civic and political participation, and it is the only HUD counseling intermediary providing culturally and linguistically appropriate services to AAPIs.
- Lisa serves on the Board of the National Low Income Housing Coalition and the Executive Committee of the National Council of Asian Pacific Americans. Prior to joining NCAPACD, Lisa was the Community Liaison for the White House Initiative on AAPIs and also worked for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Office of Minority Health. She is a graduate of the University of California, Los Angeles, and the Harvard School of Public Health.
National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum
In 2011, Lisa Hasegawa was profiled by the National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum. Profiles were "selected from a national pool of fierce sisters working across the country. They're multi-issue, multi-faceted, multi-ethnic movers and shakers. They're artists, activists, moms, attorneys, organizers, students. Together, we'll redefine women leadership and lift up the progressive movement for APA women and girls."
Attendee at Obama's 2009 'Regulatory Reform' Discussion
2009 15th Anniversary Fundraiser "Rooted in Movement"
Standing Up for Justice Awardees
- Deepak Bhargava, Center for Community Change
- The Honorable Luis Gutierrez, U.S. House of Representatives
- The Honorable Harold Koh, United States Department of State
- Korean American Women In Need (KAN-WIN)
DREAM In Action Youth Awardees
- Olivia Park
- Dong Hyun Ahn, Korean Resource Center
- Paul Carman, Chapman & Cutler, LLP
- Lisa Hasegawa, National CAPACD
- Taryn Higashi, Unbound Philanthropy
- Kwang Sun Jang, Korean Alliance for Peace & Justice of Philadelphia
- Je Yon Jung, Civil Rights Lawyer
- Kyong Chi Kim, Late Yoon Han Bong Commemoration Committee
- Hyun Ko, HSBC
- Stephen Kurumada, DDS
- David Lin, AT&T
- Eliseo Medina, SEIU
- Kap Joon No, Korean American Resource & Cultural Center
- Carrie Hoojoo Pugh, National Education Association
- BJ Sung, Citi
- Doua Thor, Southeast Asia Resource Action Center
- Lisa Hasegawa, accessed January 15 2018
- AAFE Agents of Change, accessed Nov 15, 2014
- ANGRY ASIAN MAN, HYPHEN AND NAPAWF PRESENT THE 15 APA WOMEN LEADER SPOTLIGHTS, accessed January 15 2018
- Expected attendees at the President's remarks on regulatory reform (accessed October 24 2021)
- Event: NAKASEC 15th Anniversary Celebration: Rooted in Movement, accessed January 14 2018
- CCC’s Executive Director to Receive “Standing up for Justice” Award from NAKASEC, accessed January 14 2018