Difference between revisions of "Khalil Vasquez"
Latest revision as of 12:09, 21 August 2019
- 1 Education
- 2 Marxist meme
- 3 Old comrades
- 4 Early RSCC comrades
- 5 CUNY Board of Trustees protest
- 6 Suspended
- 7 FDR highway march
- 8 Anti-Petraeus demo
- 9 "From the Bronx to Mindanao"
- 10 Left Forum 2015
- 11 RSCC Fundraiser and Open Mic - Three Years in the Struggle
- 12 "LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC"
- 13 Leadership
- 14 Marching with FRSO
- 15 Arrested
- 16 Colonialism meme
- 17 Remember Morales/Shakur Center
- 18 References
Studied at Suspended at CCNY.
Khalil Vasquez November 7, 2011:
With Griffith Nunez, Melanie Rodriguez, Domingo Estevez, Kevin Morenito, Alex Wolf, Felicia Bishop, Russell David, Fanshen Wong, Oh La LiZzss, Genesis Aquino, LaMont OyeWale' Badru, Deyanira Genao, Tashawn Brown, Hank Williams, Ben Becker, Julian Guerrero, Osiris Feliz, Kas Nfinda, Kevin Corea, Sam Connet, Freddy Bastone, Sharmin Hossain, Kerbie Joseph, Fernanda Pardo, Ayeska B-t, Sally Abdel., Mariama Cba, Larry Hales, Christopher Gunderson, Charles Harding and Eric Odell.
Tafadar Sourov August 8 2019·
Early RSCC comrades
Khalil Vasquez September 19, 2012:
CUNY Board of Trustees protest
- NEW YORK CITY – CUNY students call for a protest picket on the afternoon of Monday, June 25 outside the regular meeting of the CUNY Board of Trustees, when the Board will give massive pay raises to CUNY administrators, including a quarter-million dollar pay raise (54%) to Chancellor Goldstein.
- CUNY is denying admission to more and more Black and Latino students based on its so-called rising "academic standards," while Baruch College's Zicklin School of Business was recently caught fixing the grades of failing students who work for Wall Street firms. CUNY uses one set of "academic standards" to deny admission to working-class Black and Latino students and fudges another set of "academic standards" for Wall Street executives whose tuition is paid for by their firms. Despite these twin scandals, the paper-pushing non-producing parasites on the Board are planning to congratulate administrators with outrageous salary increases on June 25.
- Join the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee on June 25 to protest against these outrages!
Those indicating their intention to attend on the Whenever website notice of the event included Khalil Vasquez. 
In 2013, the City College of New York (CCNY) administration suspended students Tafadar Sourov and Khalil Vasquez, both of the Maoist Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee, following a 24 October 2013 protest against the shutting down of the Morales/Shakur Community Center on campus . After a November 22 disciplinary hearing, the CCNY administration allowed them both to return to CCNY this spring semester, but their suspension will only be expunged from their record if they don’t get into “further disciplinary trouble.” Ominously, the CUNY administration brought criminal charges of “rioting” and “inciting to riot” against Sourov and Vasquez for exercising their right to free speech and assembly while protesting the closure of the Morales/Shakur Center.
FDR highway march
Khalil Vasquez November 28, 2014:
Nov 25th, 2014: We came out for Ferguson, we came out for the lives taken by US Imperialism.
SJP, RSC and thousands of others on the fornt line taking the FDR highway.
"Thousands of people poured into the streets in NYC to demand justice for Mike Brown, and spent 6 hours marching all throughout the city- beginning in Union Square and ending at the Harlem state office building. There were also ra... See More — with Mona Kareem, Erick Moreno, Alexi Peace, Ernesto Perez, Kermit Jagger, Gargi Padki, Ruwayda Odeh, Katherine Vasquez, Angie Hernandez, Kas Nfinda, Mariama Cba, Kevin Morenito, Amanda Meltzer, Charlie Uptown, Denise C. Ford, Ezra Sholom, Percy Lujan, Shake Zula, Avia Michelle, Mikey David, Dan Cione and Tafadar Sourov.
2 W 64th St,New York 29 October 2014, 17:30 -19:30.
Organized by : Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
- Last year students were suspended, a community center was illegally shut down and the City College campus turned into a police-run campus in order to suppress the movement led by CUNY students and faculty to drive ROTC and War Criminal David Petraeus out of our university. Now the Macaulay Honors College is inviting him to speak. Let's be there to let Petraeus know that CUNY rejects imperialism and its war criminals!
Many students an others indicated they would attend on the Whenever page advertising the event. They included Sharmin Hossain, Angie De LaGhetto, Nerdeen Kiswani, Zeina Alturk, Mila Lebron, Avia Michelle, Monique Thompson, Dalilah Freeman, Meli LaSalle, Coche Bomba, Shohag Ahmed, Donnie Donilon, Hasan İncedere, Michael Bellamy, Katrina Cortes, Sabin Rene Figaro, Thalmann Pradeep Pereira, Myles Glynn, Daniela Robles Martínez, Ayumila Hilai, Khalil Antonio Vasquez, Jeff Camp, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Erick Moreno, Scott Williams, Bernadette Ellorin, Susie Abdel, Dan Cione, Abdu Salman, Percy Lujan, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Vishal Singh, Avia Michelle, Marc Durougeot, Christopher Rieth, Rayn Cornielle, Louis Oprisa, Mike Legaspi, Bayu Patria, Merlin Miano Patramani, Shake Zula, Sabiha Azad, Jan Makovec, Josmar Trujillo, Kjell Gunnar Larsen, Shandell Is, Jasper Washa, Richard Finkelstein, Jared Flanery, Jose LaSalle, Behrooz Navaii, Alexi Shaaloom, Nick Maniace, Rey Valentin, Uthkarsh Dev, Owsspag Apollo, Rani Ghosson.
"From the Bronx to Mindanao"
From the Bronx to Mindanao: Development Aggression, the Environment, and People's Resistance Saturday, June 8, 2013, Pace University, RM E300.
- This panel examines the ecological impact of neoliberalism in advanced industrialized and developing countries through the experiences in the Bronx in New York City and in Mindanao in the Southern Philippines, as well as the development of people's response and resistance in both countries.
- Gary Labao - BAYAN-USA
- Khalil Vasquez - Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee
- Fernanda Pardo Herrera - Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee
Left Forum 2015
Contemporary Topics on Maoism
- Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero Chair, Maosoleum Blog
- Meli LaSalle Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee
- Khalil Vasquez Liaison Committee for a New Communist Party
- Luis Henriquez Students Without Borders
RSCC Fundraiser and Open Mic - Three Years in the Struggle
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized an event "RSCC Fundraiser and Open Mic - Three Years in the Struggle" at Picture the Homeless, 104-106 East 126 Street, Saturday 28 February 2015.
- For three years now, the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee(RSCC) has been serving the needs of oppressed nationality people of NYC by working toward the liberation of CUNY. We want CUNY, an institution which puts the interests of the state before the needs of the majority of NYC's population, working class people, to become bases for revolutionary struggles inside and outside the university.
Those indicating support or attendance on Wherevent included Lisa Gagliardo, Nicole Bugarin, Suzanne Bjorndal, Sankofa Taylor, Percy Lujan, Khalil Vasquez, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Omar Rashid, Tafadar Sourov, Dan Cione, R-naby Shuma , Juan David Lopez Velez, Corey Uhl, Carlos A. Taveras, Jr., Jim Byrne, Marisa Dos Santos, Archer Sackey, Jon Laks, Angie De LaGhetto, Rockey Meitei Saphaba, Katrina Cortes, Rani Ghosson, Nizum Khan, Richard Finkelstein, Kenneth Fuglemsmo.
"LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC"
Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee organized an Event "LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC" in North Bergen 524 W 59th St,New York, Saturday 30 May 2015;
- This panel will feature speakers from diverse organizations and coalitions that operate in NYC to explore different progressive struggles and how they tie-in to the revolutionary students movement being created by the Revolutionary Student Coordinating Committee.
Those indicating their support/attendance on a Wherevent page advertising the Forum included Lisa Gagliardo, Salma Ayai, Jessie Joyce Meredith, Delta Nueve, Angelica Hernandez|Angie De LaGhetto, Tracy Lall, Mary Kay O'Donnell, Rayn Cornielle, Eva Nidzeeva, Amber Stacks, Susan Kingsland, Amy Jaquez, Millie Roy, Andrea Haulcoch, Paola Andrea Lebron, Mariadefatima Mosconi, Asha Cameron, Adelita Karla Cambio, Mariana Cruz Munoz, Hawa Omar, Emma Pliskin, Sarita Ahmed, Alexia Garcia, Nerdeen Kiswani, Lucy Parks, Izzi Creo, Sulafa Sahel, Avia Avia, Carol Vanessa Hurtado, Nadezhda Krupskaya, Danica Gabrielle Pagulayan, Charlotte Kates, Miguelina Castillo Veras, Cassie Brown, Maha Akhtar, Gabriela Bortolamedi, Alyssia Thompson, Sharmin Sadequee, Ev Er In, Dina Bint Abu Ahmed, Grace Li, Lynn Lewis, Doha Ayad, Kerry McLean, Teresa Alba, Angelica Lara, Melissa Foster, Nana Naomeh, Rowayda Widdi, Elisabeth Koechlin, Char Emma, Sharon Shaji, Lenore Holz, Patti Cruz, Livia Sa, Noran Elzarka, Zeina Alturk, Marisa Dos Santos, Krystle Star, Sydney Denee, Alexandra Chipkin, Julie Chen, Claire Hunter, Amena Othman, Isabelle Nastasia, Sharice Richards, Hanalei Somar, Katherine Azcona, Teressa Raiford, Monica Joy, Katie Merriman, Aliyah Hakim, Lisa Marie Crawford, Michelle Natanzon, Aber Kawas, Ma Mo, Alina Shen, Lourdes Carrasco, Sarah-Ann Mathew, Johanna Galvis, Katrina Cortes, Myrlaviani Perez-Rivier, Lin Biao, Joanna Trimble, Samantha Kostmayer, Nadia Swanson, Leena Weddy, Ameera Habibi Tariq, Tiffany Fotopoulos, Mila Lebron, Patrick Conway, Andrew Rosdolsky, Sonny Obhan, Kassem Nasser, Joshua Eli, Michael Hisry, Jose Ponce, Thomas van Beersum, Richard Finkelstein, Daniel Dunn, Jesse Nevel, Caleb-Michael Files, Il Lupo Cattivo, Jacob Ertel, Eddie Rosa Padilla, Sam Smith, Khalil Vasquez, Benjamin Haas, Mahmood Shabazz, Xavier Renoir, Daniel Gibbons, Sean Kennedy, Jon Laks, Aahil Talal Abdullah, Rey Valentin, Daniel Golebiewski, Javal Ghalil Minor, Marc Durougeot, Agyei Tyehimba, Richard Heart, Percy Lujan, Suro Pak, Rajib Lovesramen Miah, Emilio Zapa, Jose Luis Medina, Deniz Solmaz, Marco Antonio Quiroga, Ateo Laureano Bracero Peruyero, Irving Apantenco, Simon Peter Tangney, Antonis Karatarakis, Abdu Salman, Richard Lynch, Nathaniel Phillipps, Mohammad Hamad, Jan Makovec, Dominic Wetzel, Kevin Kang, Alan Warsaw, Jed Brandt, Aldo Ulisses Resendiz, Frederick Sumpter, Ace LaBeija, Tafadar Sourov, Xsavier Daniels, Jose Ramon Garcia-Madrid, Vic Vaiana, Sławek Krulak, Kazembe Balagun, Ashoka Jegroo, Far Han, David Salay, James Cersonsky, Vic Vaiana, Kareem Michael, Marianna Olinger.
Liaison Committee for a New Communist Party leadership as of 2015;
In order to become involved with the Liaison Committee process, please contact our national leadership:
- National Liaison: Khalil Vasquez
- NYC Branch Leader: Ateo Bracero
- Kansas City Branch Leader: Andres Herrera
- Red Guards – Los Angeles Branch Leader: Abimael Lucio Sucio
Marching with FRSO
Khalil Vasquez December 25, 2012:
With Jose Garcia, Zhana Xhamila, Afua Kesse, Agust Freeman, Caro Yau, Tom Watts, Carlito Salinas, Charlie Uptown, Carlos Blanco, Ernst J. Pierre, Moises Delgado, Kas Nfinda, Fernanda Pardo, Tehmina Mina, Angela Mal, Sony Cabral, Erick Moreno, Rafael E. Peña Ortega, Alfred Ortiz, Freddy Bastone, Naveen Naqvi, Marcel Cartier, Carlos Azeban Ekwensu, Deyanira Genao, Felicia Bishop, Kazembe Balagun, Robert DaRosa, Tafadar Sourov, Davd Nspach, Dennis O'Neil and D'Opportunist Pierre Falbo.
Remember Morales/Shakur Center
Suzy Subways October 20, 2013;
I went to City College of NY this morning with David Suker at 10:30 am to stop by the Morales/Shakur Center, a center of student and community movement-building for more than 20 years. We were signed in at the front desk and then followed by security who told us we'd be arrested if we didn't leave right away, because we asked what had happened to the sign! This is what we saw: Please share. Rodolfo Leyton, Sydney Jordan Cooley, Hank Williams, Khalil Vasquez, Brad Sigal, Angelica Clarke, Biola Jeje, Isham Lakatos, Christopher Gunderson — with Alyssia Paula, Eric Odell, Kazembe Balagun, Terance Podolski and Fanshen Wong.
- Whenever Event CUNY SHUTS OUT BLACK AND LATINO STUDENTS, FIXES GRADES FOR WALL STREET EXECS … AND THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES IS GIVING THE ADMINISTRATION A PAY-RAISE!FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASEJune 19, 2012
- Workers Vanguard No. 1040 21 February 2014 Defend the CUNY Protesters! Drop All Charges!(Young Spartacus pages)
- FB From the Bronx to Mindanao: Development Aggression, the Environment, and People's Resistance, clock Saturday, June 8, 2013
- http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Revolutionary-Student-Coordinating-RSCC-Fundraiser-and-Open-Mic-Three-Years-in-the-Stuggle RSCC Fundraiser and Open Mic - Three Years in the Struggle]
- [ http://www.wherevent.com/detail/Revolutionary-Student-Coordinating-LEFT-FORUM-The-Student-Movement-in-NYC Wherevent LEFT FORUM: The Student Movement in NYC]
- http://blog.ncp.lc/about/Liaison Committee for a New Communist Party about]
- [https://www.facebook.com/events/1451027945189819/NYC Rise Up and #ShutItDown for Baltimore Khalil Antonio Vasquez May 2, 2015]