Difference between revisions of "Kathleen Brower"
|(2 intermediate revisions by the same user not shown)|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
[[Kathleen Brower]] at [[Pennsylvania Association of Staff Nurses & Allied Professionals]]. Former Organizer at [[AFSCME]] 3299.
Revision as of 12:47, 14 July 2019
- 1 Career
- 2 Theological seminary
- 3 Old comrades
- 4 USAS
- 5 USAS conference
- 6 United Students Against Sweatshops
- 7 Left Forum 2013
- 8 "Family"
- 9 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 10 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 11 Ladies of labor
- 12 Democratic Socialists of America
- 13 Philadelphia comrades
- 14 Union friends
- 15 Comrades
- 16 References
Kathleen (KB) Brower was, in 2013 involved in the University of Tennessee Knoxville, Progressive Student Alliance. She lives in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. She is closely associated with Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Kathleen Brower worked at Pennsylvania Association of Staff Nurses & Allied Professionals. Former Organizer at AFSCME 3299.
Kathleen Brower August 30, 2018:
- Life update! this week was my first week at Union Theological Seminary and i'm excited/nervous/humbled/so many other feelings. For the next year I'll be in seminary in NYC for part of the week and will continue my work with the amazing Caucus of Working Educators in Philly the rest of the week. I couldn't dream up a better combination--- my commitment to social justice has always come from a deeply spiritually place, and I feel lucky to be able to develop that part of myself over the next few years. If your spirituality feels linked to your organizing work, or you've struggled with the movement feeling spiritually void or draining, OR if you're interested in the strategic role of faith and faith institutions in the labor movement-- I would LOVE to talk with you throughout this journey.
Kathleen Brower April 9 2019·
Former National Organizer at United Students Against Sweatshops.
Mark Gilliland February , 2013 with Petro On, Jared Story, Ash-Lee Henderson, Mark Ortiz, Francisco Rios, Melissa Godfrizzle, Keavy McFadden, Stephen Agwu, Bianca Hinz Foley, Jan Van Tol, Vee Ramesses, Claire Lewis, Billy Yates, AK Kulkarni, Terasia Carin Bradford, Maria Antonia Rodriguez, Lingran Kong, Leewana Thomas, Sol Gonz, Javier Figueroa, Alli Sehon, Brock Meade, Benji Ng, Jeffrey Lichtenstein, Melissa Horsfall, John Gieryn, Rigoberto Campos, Martin Xavi Macias, Carmen Armen, Kayla Frye, Kathleen Brower, Casey Sweeney and Sara Neumann at United Students Against Sweatshops 16th Annual National Conference in Miami!
United Students Against Sweatshops
United Students Against Sweatshops Coordinating Committee, 2009-2010 School Year.
- Steph Adler, University of Washington-Seattle, Collective Liberation Subcommittee
- Kathleen Brower, College of William & Mary, Regional Organizer Delegate
- Ash-Lee Henderson, Eastern Tennessee State University, Political Education Subcommittee
- Gautam Kumaraswamy, Purdue University, ISC/Garment Worker Solidarity Campaigns
- Cherie Seise, College of William & Mary, CCSC/Campus Worker Solidarity Campaigns
United Students Against Sweatshops National Organizers, 2013-2014 School Year.
Left Forum 2013
The Student-Labor Fightback Against Neo-Liberal ism, on campus and off.
- Jeff Crosby, Chair
- KB Brower - United Students Against Sweatshops
- Jeffrey Lichtenstein - Progressive Student Alliance, United Students Against Sweatshops
- Josh Smyser - United Campus Workers
Marcelle Grair December 29, 2015;
- Family. — with Leo Baunach, Deanna Nagle, Dhruv Majumdar, Caiden Ficker, Marchae Grair, Tyrell Parrish, Brittni Hicks, Ciara Naomi, Troy Neves, Brianna Rae and Kathleen Brower.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Kathleen Brower.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Kathleen Brower.
Ladies of labor
Kathleen Brower March 18, 2015 ·
Democratic Socialists of America
Leewana Thomas July 10, 2017 ·
Leewana Thomas September 30, 2017 ·
Rebecca Hornstein September 22, 2018: