Flip the 49th
Flip the 49th Neighbors in Action was set up to elect a Democrat in California's 49th District.
- The closest Congressional race in the Country is in our backyard. In 2016, the Republican won by just 1,621 votes. In order to stop the corrupt and chaotic agenda of the Trump Administration, the Democratic Party must win control of Congress. The path to winning back the House runs straight through our home in California's 49th Congressional District.
Spencer Katz August 6, 2017:
Summertimeeee and the resistin's easyy — with Ryan Calbreath.
David Lagstein July 29, 2017:
Amazing turnout for the #flipthe49th precinct walk. Asm Member Mike Gipson brought 2 buses of people and we are sending over 200 people into the neighborhood to talk about our continued #Fight4OurHealth to save health care for millions and let people know about Darrell Issa's dangerous health care vote. Thanks to Todd Gloria and Lorena Gonzalez Fletcher for coming and helping to rally the troops! — with David Garcias.
Flip the 49th: Team America!
Spencer Katz October 14 2018:
Monthly Meeting – Endorsements and Actions
Monday, November 27, 7pm Elijah’s Restaurant 7061 Clairemont Mesa Boulevard
Flip the 49th
Flip the 49th Neighbors in Action January 20 2018:
Ready to march! #flipthe49th #flipthe50th — feeling energized with Cipriano Vargas at Palomar College.
Data sharing/election debriefing meeting: July 19, 2018
Cipriano Vargas and Emiliana Sparaco summarized the successful efforts of Flip the 49th to nominate Mike Levin as the Democratic candidate for November’s midterm congressional election. The strategy relied on effectively targeting low propensity voters with education and GOTV efforts.
- Tama Becker-Varano, Change Beings With Me/Indivisible
- Larry McNamara, Indivisible Downtown
- Melinda Forstey, Pacific Beach Democratic Club
- Leslee Morris, Indivisible Downtown
- Wendy Gelernter, Pacific Beach Democratic Club
- Micah Perlin
- Sabrina Kaplan,, Indivisible La Jolla and Pacific Beach
- Oren Robinson
- Spencer Katz, Flip the 49th
- Emiliana Sparaco, SEIU
- John Loughlin, San Diego County Democratic Party
- Larry Stowell, SDDOCS
- Kirsten McNamara, Indivisible Downtown
- Cipriano Vargas, Flip the 49th
- Howard Wayne
San Diego Progressive Labor Summit
San Diego Progressive Labor Summit 2018 is a one-day event, bringing together members of the San Diego Labor community with left-of-center activists and leaders to build stronger understanding, knowledge, skills, and partnerships in tackling the broader social challenges we are facing today.
It was held February 3, 2018:
General Session Speakers:
- Daraka Larimore-Hall - Labor & the Left plus Janus vs. AFSCME
- Juana Melara, Unite Here Local 11: #MeToo and the Labor Movement
- Emiliana Sparaco, SEIU 221 & Terra Lawson-Remer, Flip The 49th