November 4 2017
A speech delivered on August 5, 2017 at the "REFUSE FASCISM National Meeting" by Andy Zee of REFUSE FASCISM kicked off a debate on whether or not Antifa/communists and their allies were promoting a civil war.
The speech was titled "NO! This Nightmare Must End: The Trump/Pence Regime Must Go! In the Name of Humanity, We REFUSE to Accept a Fascist America!"
- "THIS NIGHTMARE MUST END. Millions feel this and ache with the question of how to stop this unrelenting horror. The stakes are nothing less than the future of humanity and the planet itself.
- "Who will end this nightmare? We will. Only the determined struggle of millions of people acting together with courage and conviction can drive this regime from power.
- "ON NOVEMBER 4, 2017:
- "We will gather in the streets and public squares of cities and towns across this country, at first many thousands declaring that this whole regime is illegitimate and that we will not stop until our single demand is met: This Nightmare Must End: the Trump/Pence Regime Must Go!
- "Our protest must grow day after day and night after night—thousands becoming hundreds of thousands, and then millions—determined to act to put a stop to the grave danger that the Trump/Pence Regime poses to the world by demanding that this whole regime be removed from power."
Numerous outlets downplayed the threat. Newsweek described the November 4th protests as a "Right Wing Conspiracy," and SNOPES wrote that there is "...no proof that any anti-fascist groups are planning even a skirmish."
"Teach In" about Fascism
Andy Zee was a speaker at a REFUSE FASCISM event called "Fascism in America: Can It Happen Here? Is It Happening Here? What is the Danger the Trump/Pence Government Poses?" The event was held in New York City on April 27th, 2017 at the Church of The Village.
Here is an excerpt of his speech:
- "What is the danger that the Trump/Pence government poses?
- "Nothing less than the fate of the planet and humanity as we know it. This regime has already taken measures which if allowed to continue much longer, will have devastating effects on the environment—deadly impact that could take decades to undo, if, and that is a big if, repair would even be possible. And should the regime be able to carry out their full plan, the result would be catastrophic.
- "This is not the worst of it—even as it is ethically suspect to quantify just which of the many horrific measures that this regime is taking is actually worse. Nevertheless, the Call to Action of Refuse Fascism says: “Because Trump has finger on the nuclear trigger, the Trump/Pence regime is more dangerous to the world than Hitler.”
- "We must be clear: The Trump/Pence regime has already brought the world closer to nuclear war than any time in the last 80 years, according to those who set what is called the Doomsday Clock. They say it is now 2½ minutes to midnight. The first 100 Days of this fascist regime and Trump/Pence administration have tripled the number of civilian casualties in the Mideast; Trump launched missiles at Syria while dining at his Florida country club; and the next week he dropped the biggest non-nuclear bomb made—for no purpose other than intimidating the entire world. Now he is engaged in the most dangerous and thoroughly unjust nuclear blackmail with North Korea. Trump boasted that he would “bomb the shit out of them!” and said: “if we have nuclear weapons why can’t we just use them.” And then there’s Vice President Pence standing on the North Korean border declaring: “we’re going to abandon the failed policy of strategic patience.”
- "These deadly actions are, on the one hand, a continuation of aggressive and murderous policies carried out by Obama and previous administrations, but they are now supercharged with the strongman imperative of a fascist regime which has riled up its social base to support and to demand that the gloves, such as they were, come off—in order to bludgeon the entire world to their vision of making America First.
- "This must be stopped. And to do so will require the most determined struggle. All of you here tonight and those of you watching on Livestream, now is the time to stand together, organizing thousands and ultimately millions to, as Refuse Fascism says in its Call, “move heaven and earth to drive out this regime. This must be a moment in history when millions stand together with conviction and courage, overcoming fear and uncertainty, to resist and say NO! Not just for ourselves, but in the name of humanity.”
- "As Sunsara said, my name is Andy Zee. I am one of the initiators of REFUSE FASCISM, and the Spokesperson for Revolution Books. I am also an advocate for The New Communism developed by the revolutionary leader Bob Avakian. But before I dig in, I want to thank the other speakers for coming out tonight and for sharing your work and your insights. And I want to thank all of you for coming out and for being a part of this program. Let tonight spark ten thousand conversations, and let tonight have those conversations be the basis upon which you go out and talk to many other people to act according to what you learn tonight. If you got a diagnosis of cancer, I hope you would do everything possible to drive it from your body—radiation, chemo—changing your whole life so as to live. Does fascism, a societal cancer, require less? We face AN EMERGENCY. And we face it NOW.
- "Again, from Refuse Fascism’s Call: “Fascism has direction and momentum. Dissent is piece by piece criminalized. The truth is bludgeoned. Group after group is demonized and targeted along a trajectory that leads to real horrors.” Hasn’t this already begun? Instilling fear and impacting and destroying lives: Immigrant Lives…Muslim Lives…Refugee Lives… Mexican & Latino Lives… Black Lives…and, in a very real sense, ultimately the lives of people here and around the world.
- Sunsara Taylor, REFUSE FASCISM co-initiator
- Jay W. Walker, Steering Committee of the New York chapter of REFUSE FASCISM.
- George Prochnik, author, New Yorker contributor
- Rita Dentino, Exec. Dir., Casa Freehold of National Day Laborer Organizing Network
- Kieran Suckling, a founder and Executive Director of Center for Biological Diversity
- On November 4, 2017, We Begin,This Nightmare Must End: The Trump/Pence Regime Must GO!, accessed October 28 2017
- ‘ANTIFA’ WAGING CIVIL WAR ON NOVEMBER 4, ACCORDING TO RIGHT WING CONSPIRACY, accessed October 28 2017
- Is 'Antifa' Planning a Civil War?, accessed October 28 2017
- accessed June 3 2017
- Fascism in America: Andy Zee, accessed June 3 2017