Albert J. Dwoskin is the President/CEO of A.J. Dwoskin & Associates Inc.
Since its founding, in 1967, AJD's operations have been primarily associated with development and management of retail and residential rental properties which are owned by partnerships in which AJD or Albert J. Dwoskin is a partial owner or general partner. Mr. Dwoskin is also active in community and charitable activities that currently include serving as Chairman of the George Mason University Foundation Board of Managers. In past years, he has served in a large number of public and private sector directorships, advisory boards and committees, and public task forces.
JStreet advisory council
According to a Catalist press release, in 2012 Albert Dwoskin stepped down from the Catalist Board of Managers after seven years. Dwoskin, Catalist founding Chairman of the Board, stepped down "to focus his attention on his many other business and philanthropic endeavors."
Dwoskin Family Foundation
GuideStar reports that Albert J Dwoskin is the President/Director of the Dwoskin Family Foundation, a Delaware-based organization (but with a Fairfax, Virginia address reported in 2006 and earlier IRS 990s).
The Foundation reported in their 2011 IRS 990-PF filing having a fair market value of $3.6 million with contributions of $750,000 from Dwoskin using a Fairfax, VA address.
From 2006 to 2010 the Foundation gave Media Matters for America $125K.
Others receiving support included Center for American Progress, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, National Council of La Raza, National Security Initiative, National Vacccine Information Center, Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Tides Foundation, Venture Philanthropy Partners, Women Make Movies, Women's Voices - Women Vote.
- Catalist managers, accessed August 4, 2010
- JStreet website: Advisory Council (accessed on Oct. 26, 2009)
- Leadership, Democracy Alliance
- Statement on Chairman of the Board of Catalist Stepping Down Replaced by Co-Chairs Bauman and Podhorzer, Catalist, LLC, Feb. 16, 2012 (accessed Dec. 22, 2012)
- Virginia State Board of Elections (accessed Dec. 22, 2012)
- Albert J Dwoskin, Chairman, Catalist-Illinois, Illinois State Board of Elections (accessed Dec. 22, 2012)