White House Council of Economic Advisers
- Chairman Jason Furman
- Jay Shambaugh
- Sandra Black
- Andrea Taverna became Chief of Staff of the White House Council of Economic Advisers in August 2015.
- Steven Braun has been CEA's Director of Macroeconomic Forecasting since 1996. Prior to his current position, Dr. Braun was a senior economist at the Council, a senior economist at the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve, and an economist at the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- Adrienne Pilot has been CEA's Director of Statistical Office since 2007. Previously, she worked in the Office of Statistical and Science Policy at the Office of Management and Budget and as a regional economist with the Bureau of Economic Analysis.
- Matt Fiedler, Chief Economist, specializes in health care. Before entering his current position, Fiedler was a senior economist at CEA. He received a BA from Swarthmore College and a Ph.D. in economics from Harvard University. He worked previously at the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.
- Kenneth Gillingham specializes in energy and environmental economics. He received an AB from Dartmouth College, an M.S. in Statistics from Stanford University, and a Ph.D. in Management Science & Engineering and Economics from Stanford University. He is on leave from Yale University, where he is an Assistant Professor, and he is a Faculty Research Fellow at the National Bureau of Economic Research.
- Greg Leiserson specializes in tax and retirement policy. He received a BA from Swarthmore College and a Ph.D. in economics from MIT. He is on detail from the U.S. Treasury, where he is an Economist in the Office of Tax Analysis.
- Timothy Park specializes in agricultural, nutrition, and rural policy issues. He received a BSFS from Georgetown University and a Ph.D. in agricultural economics from the University of California, Davis. He is on detail from the Economic Research Service (USDA), where he is Branch Chief of the Food Markets Branch in the Food Economics Division.
- Nirupama Rao specializes in labor and fiscal policy. Rao completed her Ph.D. in economics at MIT in June 2010 where she previously earned her undergraduate degree. She is a recipient of the National Tax Association Dissertation Award. Prior to graduate school, she worked at the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. Rao is on leave from NYU's Wagner School of Public Service where she is an Assistant Professor of Economics and Public Policy.
- Katheryn Russ specializes in international macroeconomics. She received a BA from The College of William and Mary, an M.S. in Agricultural and Applied Economics from Virginia Tech, and a Ph.D. in Economics from Johns Hopkins University. She is on leave from the University of California, Davis, where she is an Associate Professor of Economics, and she is a Research Associate at the National Bureau of Economic Research
- Laura Giuliano specializes in labor and education. She received a BA from the University of Virginia, and MA in International Relations from Yale University, and a Ph.D. in Economics from the University of California, Berkeley. She is on leave from the University of Miami, where she is an Associate Professor of Economics.
- Claudia Sahm specializes in macroeconomics and household finance. Sahm completed her Ph.D. at the University of Michigan and previously earned a B.A. in economics, political science, and German at Denison University. She is on leave from the Federal Reserve where she is a senior economist.
- Rob Seamans specializes in innovation, technology and industrial organization. He received a BA from Reed College, an MBA from Yale School of Management, an MA in Economics from Boston University, and a Ph.D. in Business Administration from the University of California, Berkeley. He is on leave from New York University, where he works as an Associate Professor in the Stern School of Business.
Staff Economists and Policy Analysts
Finance and Operations
- Anna Lee, Director of Finance and Administration
- Doris Searles, Administrative and Information Management Specialist
- Jeffrey Goldstein, Special Assistant to the Chairman
- Katie Rodihan, Special Assistant to the Members