Wade Hilts is a Sr. Research Software Engineer at Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU).
- Studied Music at Newcomb–Tulane College
- Studied Engineering physics at Tulane University
- Went to Franklin High School
- Former Design engineer at Hyster-Yale Group
- Former Carpenter's Assistant at Modern Organic Construction
DSA Socialist Feminists Call on Joe Biden to Drop Out
DSA Socialist Feminists Call on Joe Biden to Drop Out was a May 2020 letter to Joe Biden.
Presumptive Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden stands accused of sexual assault. Members of the Democratic Socialists of America demand that he leave the race.
As socialists, we believe that the lessons of the #MeToo movement must not be forgotten. This movement challenged rape culture and upended myths about sexual violence and the credibility of survivors. For a short period, these issues were even embraced by many liberal politicians and commentators, as evidenced by the widespread support for Dr. Christine Blasey-Ford when she bravely spoke out about incumbent Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh. #MeToo made previously tolerated behavior intolerable, and powerful men in numerous industries faced consequences for their misconduct....
Signatories included Wade Hilts Portland Democratic Socialists of America.
Running for DSA leadership
In 2020 Wade Hilts ran for Treasurer Portland Democratic Socialists of America steering committee.
- My name is Wade Hilts and I am running for Treasurer. I would be a great addition to Portland DSA’s steering committee because I have both experience in hands-on organizing and leadership, as well as experience serving as the PSU Graduate Employee Union’s first Treasurer. Managing a union’s budget is very similar to an organization like DSA, the budgets are member-focused and require a lot of communication with the constituents of the organization, who are all concerned about how their dues are spent. When I became active in Portland DSA in September of 2018, I was finishing my term as Treasurer in my graduate union and was looking for ways to continue supporting militant labor organizing. I joined the Labor Working Group and began taking an active role in planning events like the Socialist Job Fair. I also was a founding member of the Safety Working Group, which has grown into a successful and essential arm of Portland DSA, protecting us from outside agitators drawn to our meetings from our public messaging. I was elected co-chair of Portland DSA’s Amazon Workers Solidarity Campaign by a vote at a general meeting and served as the Treasurer of that campaign as well, managing over $15k of fundraising last year. I organized rallies, fundraisers and communicated with the press on behalf of the campaign. I also worked closely with PDX DSA’s current Treasurer to make sure all of the money was being accounted for properly. In conclusion,.
Bread & Rose City
- Ben Smith | Designer
- Kara Hansen and David Purucker | Editors
- Printed with union pride by Hollywood Impress.
- Wade Hilts, Laura Wadlin
- Additional illustration work courtesy of the DSA National Design Committee.