- 1 Education
- 2 South Africa
- 3 Anti-eviction
- 4 "Support Bill Ayers"
- 5 Black Left Unity December 2013
- 6 Ear to the Ground Project
- 7 FRSO friendly
- 8 Strategy team
- 9 LeftRoots Strategy Lab Advance Team
- 10 The Movement for Black Lives
- 11 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 12 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 13 ""Introduction to Black feminism"
- 14 Black Ideological Struggle Webinar
- 15 References
Toussaint Losier holds a Ph.D. in History from the University of Chicago. For years Losier has been engaged as a community activist, including advocating for a trauma center on the South Side of Chicago while attending graduate school. His research interests include Urban Social Movements, U.S. Political History, Carceral State, and 20th Century African and Caribbean History. Losier recently delivered a talk at Occidental College on “Black Power and Police Brutality in Chicago.” His various fellowships include the Ford Foundation Predoctoral Fellowship and the Mellon Mays Dissertation Fellowship.
- Former Post-doctoral Fellow at University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Former Graduate Student (PhD) at The University of Chicago
- Former Undergraduate Student at Harvard University
- Studied U.S. History at The University of Chicago
- Studied African and Afro-American Studies at Harvard University
- Went to Springside Chestnut Hill Academy
- To anyone who asked, I said that I was going to do academic research on the politics of social movements.
Organizer at Chicago Anti-Eviction Campaign.
"Support Bill Ayers"
In October 2008, several thousand college professors, students and academic staff signed a statement Support Bill Ayers in solidarity with former Weather Underground Organization terrorist Bill Ayers.
In the run up to the U.S. presidential elections, Ayers had come under considerable media scrutiny, sparked by his relationship to presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack...
- We, the undersigned, stand on the side of education as an enterprise devoted to human inquiry, enlightenment, and liberation. We oppose the demonization of Professor William Ayers.
Toussaint Losier of the University of Chicago signed the statement.
Black Left Unity December 2013
Group portrait at the conclusion of the December 21, 2013 Black Left Unity Network meeting. Seated, left to right: Ajamu Dillahunt, Saladin Muhammad, Abdul Alkalimat, Ashaki Binta, Kathy Knight. Standing, left to right: Roger Newell, J. R. Fleming, T. Menelik Van Der Meer, Dennis Orton, Kia Van Der Meer, Sam Anderson, Shafeah M'Balia, Rose Brewer, Anthony Monteiro, Toussaint Losier, Rukiya Dillahunt, Taliba Obu, Jonathan Stith, Carl Redwood, Tdka Kilimanjaro, Jamal Oliver, Akinjele Umoja.
Ear to the Ground Project
- We would like to express our deep respect and appreciation for everyone who took the time to talk with us, and the organizations that generously hosted us during our travels. Interviews were confidential, but the following people have agreed to have their names listed for this publication:
Most of those listed were connected to Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Toussaint Losier was among those on the list. 
Maria C. Fernandez November 8, 2015 near Washington ·
With Allison Thompson, Marcia Olivo, Ashli Bolden, Sendolo Diaminah, Jennifer Toles, Trina Greene Brown, Nikki MG Cole, Denise Perry, Denise Diaz, Toussaint Losier, MamaLisa Thomas-Adeyemo, Mark-Anthony Clayton-Johnson, Nicole Newman, Adrienne Maree Brown, Chigozirim Ugonna, Kesi Bem Foster, Dara Cooper, Maurice Moe Mitchell, Alta Starr and Beatriz Beckford.
LeftRoots strategy team, October 2017.
LeftRoots Strategy Lab Advance Team
LeftRoots Strategy Lab Advance Team, 2019.
- “The Germinator”
- M “Iron Chef”
- Merle “The Marxist Personal Trainer” Ratner
- Milena “The Architect” Velis
- Rapheal “The Warrior Heart” Randall
- Steve “The Bard” and “The Mechanic” Meacham
- S “The Bat with the Bad Knees”
- Steve “Lighter of Paths” Williams
- Toussaint “The Revolutionary Excavator” Losier
The Movement for Black Lives
The People, United, Shall Never be Defeated: How to craft a Black Revolutionary consensus for the 21st Century, Toussaint Losier.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Anna Masson Those indicating they would attend, on Facebook included Toussaint Losier.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those invited, on Facebook included Toussaint Losier.
""Introduction to Black feminism"
Tuesday, August 15 at 8:30 PM
Created for Black August Practice Group.
Sendolo Diaminah August 15, 2017;
- Black people! Tonight my beloved sister Adrienne Maree Brown is leading a web discussion about Black Feminism as part of a series of Black August political education sessions hosted by Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, Freedom Road Socialist Organization, and BOLD.
Those indicating they would attend on Facebook included Toussaint Losier.
Black Ideological Struggle Webinar
Black Ideological Struggle: Radical, Liberal, Conservative Public · Hosted by Sendolo Diaminah and Cazembe Jackson
Thursday, August 31, 2017 at 8:30 PM
Created for Black August Practice Group
- Join Sendolo Diaminah for a conversation about why Black radicals can and must learn how to effectively engage liberal and conservative ideologies among our people.
- September 2, 2017. Hey family! Here is the final recording from the Black August webinars! Sendolo Diaminah took lots of patience and creativity breaking down Black Ideological Struggle for us.
Those saying they would attend, on Facebook included Toussaint Losier.
- Freedom Summit 2014 speakers list
- Liberal Education website: Bill Ayers supporters
- Ear to the Ground, About, accessed Nov. 12, 2015
- [ http://movementforblacklives.org/schedule/speakers/Movement for Black Lives conference program, accessed November 20, 2015]
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109