Tom Steyer 2020 presidential campaign
Tom Steyer 2020 presidential campaign
Tom Steyer Presidential campaign
- Heather Hargreaves Campaign manager Executive director, NextGen America
- Alberto Lammers National press secretary Deputy director of communications, Need to Impeach
- Tawab Malekzad Research director Research director, Need to Impeach
- Cameron Koob Delegate opperations and ballot access manager Senior research associate, Need to Impeach
- Doug Rubin Senior adviser Founding partner, Northwind Strategies
- Jerry Govan, Jr. Senior adviser South Carolina State Representative
- Jenna Narayanan Senior finance advisor Former vice president, NextGen America
- Arnie Sowell Senior policy adviser Executive director, NextGen Policy Center
- Malik Hubbard Political director National deputy African American vote director, Hillary Clinton for President of the United States, 2016
Tom Steyer presidential campaign state staff, 2020
- Michael Edwards Iowa State director Martin O'Malley for President of the United States, 2016
- Michael Morrill New Hampshire State director Former executive director, Greyroots Action
- Jonathan Metcalf South Carolina State director Chairman, Ready for Hillary South Carolina, 2016
- Jocelyn Sida Nevada State director Nevada state director, Mi Familia Vota
- Colorado State Director - Tanya Nathan
- Campaign Manager Heather Hargreaves (July 2019) Executive director (from Jan. 2018) and executive vice president (from Dec. 2017) of NextGenAmerica; vice president, national program (Jan. 2016-May 2017) and national advocacy director (Sept. 2015-Jan. 2016) at NextGen Climate. Deputy field director on the Alliance for Climate Protection, Mar. 2009-Sept. 2010. General election director on the Campaign for Change in Nevada, June-Nov. 2008; field director in Chicago (Mar.-June 2008) and regional field director in Reno, NV (May 2007-Mar. 2008) on Obama for America. Field director on Steve Westly for Governor (CA), July 2005-June 2006. Early vote and volunteer czar on Iowa Democrats' coordinated campaign in Fall 2004; earlier in 2003-04 she was a regional director on Wesley Clark's NH primary campaign, based in Hanover, after serving same role on Sen. Bob Graham's NH primary campaign (Upper Valley field organizer). B.A. in economics, political science from Stanford University, 2003; served as president of Stanford Democrats. twitter
- Deputy Campaign Manager, Digital Martha Patzer Head of digital at Need to Impeach, and head of digital at Fahr LLC from June 2018. Freelance communications strategist and writer from Aug. 2017. Principal (Jan. 2015-Aug. 2017) and vice president (May 2013-May 2015) at 270 Strategies. Email director for the Presidential Inaugural Committee, Dec. 2012-Feb. 2013. Deputy outbound communications director/deputy email director on Obama for America, May 2011-Dec. 2012. Email campaigner at the DNC, Aug. 2010-May 2011. Online outreach and communications manager at the League of Women Voters, July 2009-Aug. 2010. Communications manager at the Women's Institute for a Secure Retirement, Mar. 2007-June 2009. Arts and entertainment writer for UWeekly, 2006-07. Copy editor at the South Bend Tribune, 2005-06. B.A. in English from the University of Notre Dame, 2005.
- Deputy Campaign Manager, Battleground States Abdul Henderson (Aug. 2019) Senior consultant at HRS Group (hotel sourcing), July 2018-Aug. 2019. Chief acquisitions officer at L&H Strategies, LLC, Jan. 2017-June 2018. Executive director and a senior advisor to the chairman of the Congressional Black Caucus, Jan. 2015-Jan. 2017. Director of international affairs at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, June 2012-Jan. 2015. Chief of staff to U.S. Rep. Diane Watson, June 2005-May 2011. Control team chief (forward observer) in the U.S. Marine Corps, Dec. 1999-Nov. 2007. M.B.A. and B.S. in business administration from University of Maryland University College.
- Senior Advisor Doug Rubin Founding partner at Northwind Strategies. A senior strategist for Elizabeth Warren’s 2012 U.S. Senate campaign, Joe Kennedy III’s congressional campaign, and for both of Deval Patrick’s successful gubernatorial campaigns. Chief of staff to Gov. Deval Patrick (MA), 2007-09. First Deputy Treasurer in the Office of Treasurer Timothy P. Cahill (MA), 2003-05. Partner at Fireman Capital Partners (FCP), a private equity investment firm. M.P.P. from Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government, 1996; bachelor's degree in political science and economics from University of Pennsylvania.
- Chief of Staff Patrick Millham (July 2019) Director of advocacy at NextGen America, May 2017-July 2019. Pennsylvania state director at NextGen Climate, Apr.-Nov. 2016. Political/government relations consultant at The Carey Group, Jan. 2010-Dec. 2014. Regional political desk at NextGen Climate, Aug-Nov. 2014. Senior advisor on Pennsylvania for Allyson, May 2013-May 2014. Pennsylvania political director on Obama for America, Apr.-Nov. 2012. Field and political director on Friends of Onorato, July 2007-Nov. 2010. Regional field director on Ed Rendall for Governor, Apr.-Nov. 2006. Bachelor's degree in environmental studies from University of Pittsubrgh, 2005
- Political Director Malik Hubbard (announced Aug. 27, 2019) Deputy political director at the Center for Popular Democracy, 2017-July 2018. Regional political for 1199 SEIU United Healthcare Workers East, 2015-July 2017. Deputy African American vote director on Hillary for America, July-Nov. 2016. Deputy campaign manager on Fitzgerald-Neuhardt for Governor (OH), Apr. 2013-Dec. 2014. Operation Vote director in Ohio for the Obama camapign from Feb. 2012. Executive director of the State of Ohio Board of Embalmers and Funeral Directors, 2011-12. Deputy director of Boards and Commissions in Gov. Ted Strickland's office, 2007-11. Political director at the Ohio Democratic Party, Fall 2008. Field director on the Ohio Democratic Coordinated Campaign, 2006. Deputy field director at Tim Kaine for Governor, 2005. Base field director at America Coming Together, 2003-04. B.A.Sc. in pre-medicine from the Ohio State University and earlier attended Ohio Wesleyan University. twitter
- Deputy Political Director Fernando Trevino (Sept. 2019) Principal at Treviño Strategic Consulting, LLC in Philadelphia from Feb. 2016. Democratic candidate for City Council At-Large, Nov. 2018-May 2019. Director of constituency outreach and partnerships at For Our Future, June 2016-Feb. 2017. Deputy executive director in the Mayor's Office of Immigrant and Multicultural Affairs, City of Philadelphia, Mar. 2013-Dec. 2015. Pennsylvania state director of Operation Vote for Obama for America, Apr.-Nov. 2012. NE regional field coordinator for National Council of La Raza, Aug. 2011-Apr. 2012. Northeast regional director for Democracia USA, Sept. 2009-July 2011. J.D. from Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León.
- National Organizing Director Brandon Upson Moved over from organizing manager at Need to Impeach. Founder (Jan. 2016) of The Unity Initiative in Aiken, SC. Deputy political director on Marsy's Law for North Carolina, Aug.-Nov. 2018. Campaign manager on Phil Noble for Governor (SC), Jan.-July 2018. Senior advisor to Annabelle Robertson for Congress (SC), Nov. 2017-Jan. 2018. Deputy campaign director in North Carolina for MoveOn.org, Aug.-Nov. 2016. CEO of Upson Group International, Inc., May 2015-Feb. 2016. COO for Aike Personnel Services, 2016. Assistant manager at Premier Integrated Consultants Inc., 2014-15. B.A. in business administration, marketing, political science from College of Charleston, 2013; served in the SC Army National Guard, Jan. 2003-Jan. 2014.
- Deputy Organizing Director Sam Powers California organizing manager for Need to Impeach from Sept. 2018. Campaign manager on David Richardson for Congress (FL), Nov. 2017-Sept. 2018. Campaign manager on Vincent Gentile for District Attorney (NY), Feb.-Sept. 2017. Deputy organizing director for the Florida Democratic Party, May-Nov. 2016. Deputy organizing director in New York (Mar.-Apr. 2016), regional organizing director in Nebraska (Feb.-Mar. 2016) and organizer in Sioux City, Iowa (July 2015-Feb. 2016) on Hillary for America. Campaign manager on Vik Handa for Davenport (Canada), Dec. 2014-June 2015. Regional field director on Charlie Crist for Governor, July-Nov. 2014. Field director on the Our Place Initiative (Toronto), Feb. 2013-Feb. 2014. Field organizer in Minneapolis-St. Paul on Obama for America, May-Nov. 2012; organizing fellow, May-Aug. 2011. B.A. in political science and history from University of Toronto, 2013.
- Eastern States Desk Aaron Soriano (July 2019) NE organizing manager on Need to Impeach, 2018-June 2019. Chief of staff for the New York State Democratic Party, early 2018. Organizing director for Friends of the Brooklyn Queens Connector, Apr.-Dec. 2017. A regional organizing director in Pueblo, Colorado on Hillary for America, May-Nov. 2016. Neighborhood organizer for the NYC Mayor's Office of Immigrant Affairs, Mar. 2015-May 2016. Campaign manager for the Nassau County Democratic Party, Feb.-Mar. 2015. Field director for BMWL, Jan.-Nov. 2014. Canvass director for Red Horse Strategies, May-Dec. 2013. Campus organizer for New Jersey United for Marriage, Sept.-Oct. 2013. Legislative assistant in the Florida House of Representatives, Mar. 2011-May 2012. Bachelor's degree in political science from Florida State University.
- Western States Desk (Denver) Peter Hinga (July 2019) Founding partner of Peak Capitol Strategy, Oct. 2014-July 2019. Enterprise sales and strategic advisor at NationBuilder, May 2013-Oct. 2014. Long term elections observer in Amman, Jordan (Nov. 2012-Feb. 2013) and in Tbilisi, Georgia, (July-Nov. 2012) for the International Republican Institute. Research analyst at Project New America, June 2010-July 2012. Campaign manager on Citizens for Andy Kerr, Assembly re-elect campaign, Feb.-Nov. 2010. Independent contractor-actor/writer, Sept. 2006-Jan. 2010. Legislative correspondent to U.S. Rep. John T. Salazar, Jan. 2005-Aug. 2006. Issues and research director on John Salazar for Congres (CO), June-Nov. 2014. M.B.A. from Thunderbird School of Global Management, 2013; B.A. in American studies from Eckerd College, 2004.
- National Distributed Organizing Director Clarice Criss Consultant to various non-profit organizations from Oct. 2012. Regional field manager for Color of Change PAC, Feb.-Dec. 2018. Project manager at GROW North Texas, Jan. 2017-Feb. 2018. Parole officer fot the Texas Department of Criminal Justice, Nov. 2014-Mar. 2016; and charge mental health technician at Nexus Recovery Center, July 2013-Jan. 2015. Case manager for Lakes Regional MHMR Center, Oct. 2011-Oct. 2012. Advocate for Disability Rights Texas, Mar.-Oct. 2011. Service coordinator for Metrocare Services, Sept. 2009-Jan. 2011. B.A. in psychology from University of North Texas, 2009.
- National Training Director Jamarr Brown (Sept. 2019) Trainer for the National Democratic Training Committee from Dec. 2018. Organizing and training director for Planned Parenthood Texas Votes, Aug. 2014-Sept. 2019. Trainer for re:power, Mar.-Dec. 2018; trainer for Campus Camp Wellstone/Wellstone Action, June 2010-Sept. 2015. National trainings director for Young Democrats of America, Nov. 2013-Aug. 2015. Field director on Jimmy Tarlau for Maryland State Delegate, Jan.-June 2014. Principal consultant and trainer at The Jamarr Brown Group, LLC, June 2011-Jan. 2014. Political coordinator at Progressive Majority, June 2012-Aug. 2013. Co-founder and trainer at Future for a Working Democracy, Apr. 2011-Apr. 2012. GOTV director on Mary Bernsdorff for SC House (HD-45), Aug.-Nov. 2010. National vice president at College Democrats of America, July 2009-Aug. 2010 Deputy finance director at Rob Miller for Congress (SC), Dec. 2009-June 2010. B.A. in political science and government from Clemson University, 2009. TeamTom Leadership Academy
- State Communications Desk/Deputy Director of Communications Lauren Windsor (July 2019) Partner at Democracy Partners, Nov. 2017-July 2019.
- National Press Director Alberto Lammers Principal at OCH Media LLC from May 2012. Deputy director of communications at Fahr LLC from Jan. 2018. Director of communications at SF LGBT Center, June 2016-Jan. 2018. Assistant director of communicatinos for the National Center for Lesbian Rights, Sept. 2014-Feb. 2016. Director of communications for the Cato Institute, Sept. 2013-June 2014. Senior director of publicity at HarperCollins Publishers, Oct. 2007-Apr. 2012. Director of corporate communications for The Advertising Council, June-Sept. 2007. Communications counsel at Consumer Reports, Nov. 2003-Aug. 2006. Publicity manager for HarperCollins Publishers, 2001-03. Director of public relations for Out Publishing Inc., 1998-2000. B.A. in history/Spanish from Lafayette College, 1994.
- Traveling Press Secretary Benjamin Gerdes Experience includes press secretary on U.S. Rep. Donna Edwards' 2016 primary campaign for U.S. Senate in Maryland. Degree in English from University of Chicago.
- Press Secretary Denise Lopez(Oct. 2019) Senior advisor to Mozaic Media + Communications from June 2016. Senior associate (July 2013-May 2016) and associate (Jan. 2011-June 2013) at Dewey Square Group. Regional field director in Las Vegas for the DNC, Aug.-Nov. 2010. Program manager at Revolution Messaging, Aug. 2009-Nov. 2010. Field representative in the California State Senate, Feb. 2008-Feb. 2009. Youth Vote coordinator in Los Angeles for SVREP, Jan.-Feb. 2008. Communications associate for Brave New Foundation, June-Dec. 2007. Dual bachelor's degree in sociology and ethnic studies from UC Riverside, 2006.
- Press Secretary Jake Lewis (July 2019) Deputy war room director for Howard Schultz, May-June 2019. Political campaign strategist and production director at J&Z Strategies, Jan. 2018-May 2019. Deputy communications director to U.S. Rep. Brad Sherman (CA), Feb. 2017-Jan. 2018. Senior associate at Ward Circle Strategies, Jan. 2016-Feb. 2017. Bodyman/finance assistant on Wendy Greuel for Mayor (Los Angeles), Sept. 2012-June 2013. M.A. in political communication from American University, 2015; B.A. in political science and government from The University of Texas at Austin, 2011.
- Press Associate Kristi Johnston
- Press Associate Zehra Khan (July 2019) Briefly a communications intern at NextGen America from June 2019. B.A. in political science and economics from McGill University, 2019.
- Head of Content Jeff Blanc (Sept. 2019) Based in the SF Bay area. Freelance strategist, Feb.-Aug. 2019. Executive strategy director, story [x] partnerships at The New York Times, July 2018-Jan. 2019. SVP, senior strategist at Voce Communications, Mar. 2014-July 2018. Freelance strategy consultant, June 2012-Mar. 2014. Co-founder and chief strategy office at Square1 Strategy Building, LLC, Aug. 2006-Aug. 2012. VP of worldwide sales and corporate communications for NeoMagic, Mar. 2005-Aug. 2006. COO at Triton Funding Group, Jan. 2004-Mar. 2005. VP of worldwide markeint at Planetweb, Sept. 2001-Dec. 2003. Freelance marketing consultant, Jan.-Sept 2001. VP of marketing at Case Central, May 1999-Dec. 2000. Junior positions in marketing, advertising and sales, Aug. 1989-May 1999. B.S. in international relations from Georgetown University, 1989.
- Spanish Language Content Manager Ricardo Gutierrez (Aug. 2019) Campaign manager on Jess Phoenix for Congress (CA) from Feb. 2018. Senior Spanish communications consultant for Middle Seat from Oct. 2016. Member outreach director on Grassroots for Sanders from Aug. 2015. COO for Casa Comedy, Nov. 2016-Nov. 2017. Naval support activity in Hampton Roads, Jan. 2014-Sept. 2016. Machinist's mate in the U.S. Navy, Sept. 1996-Sept. 2016. Director of Spanish communications for Bernie 2016, Sept. 2015-July 2016. Associate's degree in liberal studies from San Diego City College, 2014.
- Social Media Director Amy Brown (July 2019) Social media director (Feb.-June 2019) and digital content strategist (Sept. 2018-Feb. 2019) at Need to Impeach. Social media manager at Postmates Inc., Feb.-Sept. 2018. Freelance social media strategist, May 2017-Feb. 2018. Social media manager (Mar. 2015-Mar. 2017) and social media specialist (Oct. 2012-Mar. 2015) for The Wendy's Company. Copywriter for Buckeye Interactive, May-Oct. 2012. Communications supervisor at The Marketing Zen Group, Oct. 2011-May 2012. B.S. in journalism, political science from Ohio University, 2011. twitter
- Social Media Manager Stephanie Ruby (July 2019) Social media manager at Need to Impeach, Apr.-June 2019. Yoga teacher in Morgantown, PA, Apr. 2017-Apr. 2019. Digital strategist for Verified Strategy, Aug. 2016-Apr. 2019. Director of marketing for the International Association of Trampoline Parks, Jan.-Sept. 2018. Blogger at The Hungry Mother, Jan. 2013-Feb. 2018. Manager at John J. Jeffries in Lancaster, PA, Aug. 2014-Mar. 2016. Finance director on Lois Herr for Congress. Harrisburg (PA) campaign coordinator for Clean Water Action, Jan.-Apr. 2009. Deputy director of the women's caucus at the 2008 DNCC, Aug.-Sept. 2008. Field director on Debbie Boyd for State House (FL), Aug.-Nov. 2006. B.A. in political science from University of Florida, 2006.
- Social Media Associate Jaclyn Gioiosa (Aug. 2019) Scheduling associate at Fahr LLC, June-July 2019. Operations and communications associate (July 2016-June 2019) and administrative assistant (Dec. 2014-June 2016) for the Northern California Innocence Project. M.A. in interdisciplinary education, alternative and correctional education from Santa Clara University, 2018; B.A. in English, legal studies from University of San Francisco, 2014. twitter
- Email Director Kunal Basu-Dutta (Aug. 2019) Digital director on Swalwell for Congress, July-Aug. 2019. Freelance writer and editor from Nov. 2017. Digital marketing manager for Swalwell for Congress, Mar. 2018-Apr. 2019. Educational fellow for Bedrock Educational Consultants, July 2016-July 2017. Social editorial lead for Amazon, Feb.-Dec. 2015. Digital marketer for University of Chicago, Oct. 2014-Feb. 2015. Communications associate for the National Association of Charter School Authorizers, July 2013-Oct. 2014. B.A. in classics and classical languages, literature from University of Chicago, 2013.
- Mobile Manager Lilian Adams (July 2019) Digital organizer with Need to Impeach, Feb.-July 2019. Digital campaigner for NextGen America, Jan. 2018-Feb. 2019. Field director on Nelda Martinez for Corpus Christi Mayor, Mar.-May 2017. Social media manager on Jehmu for DNC, Jan.-Feb. 2017. Field organizer for the Colorado Democratic Party, May-Nov. 2016. Digital assistant in Brooklyn on Hillary for America, Oct. 2015-May 2016.
- Director of Video Morgan White (July 2019) Video director at Need To Impeach, Aug. 2018-July 2019. Deputy creative director at BMWL, Nov. 2015-Aug. 2018. Director of photography at Eyeboogie, Inc. Jan. 2014-Oct. 2015. Freelance director of photography in the L.A. area, Jan. 2013-Oct. 2015; director of photography for MotionLit Services, Inc., 2014-Sept. 2015. Cenematographer, 2012-13. Editor at Mind Over Eye, Sept. 2012-Feb. 2013. Media production on Dennis Herrera for Mayor, June-Nov. 2011. Campaign communications on Perata for Mayor 2010 Oakland, CA), June-Nov. 2010. B.A. in theater arts from UC Santa Cruz, 2007.
- Design Director Jennifer Bagheri (July 2019) Design director (from Oct. 2017) and senior designer (from June 2016) at NextGen America. Associate art director for Banana Republic, Gap Inc., Nov. 2009-May 2016. Designer at MendeDesign, Jan. 2008-June 2009. Design fellow at Chronicle Books, July-Dec. 2007. Junior designer at Pentagram, 2006. B.F.A. in graphic design from The Maryland Institute College of Art, 2006.
- Research Director Tawab Malekzad (July 2019) Research director at Need to Impeach, Jan.-June 2019. Research associate at Fahr LLC, Sept. 2018-Jan. 2019. Producer (July 2015-Oct. 2016) and video journalist (Sept. 2014-Oct. 2016) for Voice of America. B.A. in international affairs from Lewis and Clark College, 2013. twitter
- Deputy Research Director Mark Raymond (July 2019) Research manager (Mar.-July 2019), senior research associate (Aug. 2018-Mar. 2019), research associate (Dec. 2014-Aug. 2018) and research assistant (May-Nov. 2014) at NextGen America. Field organizer on Cory Booker for Senate, July-Oct. 2013. B.A. in political science from Brown University, 2013. Experience includes internship on Sen. Elizabeth Warren for Senate, Sept.-Nov. 2012 and organizing fellow on Obama for America in Providence, RI, June-Nov. 2012.
- Senior Research Associate Nathan Kurz (July 2019) Self employed writer from May 2012. Early career fellow for the Pears Institute for the Study of Antisemitism at the University of London, Sept. 2015-Jan. 2018. Research and teaching fellow at Yale University, Sept. 2008-Aug. 2015. Assistant to the president's office at the National Endowment for Democracy, Sept. 2007-Aug. 2008. Program assistant at Love of Children, Aug. 2006-Aug. 2007. Ph.D. in history from Yale University, 2015; B.A. in history from Stanford University, 2006.
- Senior Advisor, Policy Arnie Sowell (announced Aug. 27, 2019) Taking leave from position as executive director of NextGen Policy Center; earlier vice president of California policy at NextGen Climate.. Policy Director in the California Assembly Speaker's Office, worked for 5 Speakers.
- Senior Advisor, Finance Jenna Slosson Narayanan (announced Aug. 27, 2019) Formerly vice president for development at NextGen America from May 2015. Vice president of partner services at The Democracy Allisance, Mar. 2012-May 2015. Vice president of development and strategic relationships at NDN, Feb. 2011-Jan. 2012. Director of development at Democracia USA, Jan. 2009-Jan. 2011. Regional fundraiser on John Edwards for President, 2006-08. B.A. in print journalism from USC, 2002.
SCHEDULING AND ADVANCE
- Director of Scheduling Shannon Hart (July 2019) Director of scheduling (from Jan. 2019) and deputy director of scheduling/executive assistant (May 2017-Dec. 2018) to Tom Steyer at Fahr LLC. California scheduler (May 2014-Jan. 2017), assistant to the director of constitutent services (July 2013-Apr. 2014) and staff assistant (Sept. 2012-June 2013) to U.S Sen. Barbara Boxer. M.A. in government and politics from St. John's University, 2012; B.A. in political science and government from University of San Francisco, 2010.
- Director of Advance and Strategic Planning Samantha Couch (July 2019) Deputy director for social media and strategic initiatives (from Apr. 2018), senior manager of strategic initiatives, June 2017-Apr. 2018) and strategic initiatives and events manager (Aug. 2015-June 2017) at NextGen America. Deputy director of development and strategic planning (Oct. 2014-Aug. 2015), special assistant to the founder and CEO (Jan. 2013-Oct. 2014), donor relations manager (Mar.-Dec. 2012) and senior executive assistant (Nov. 2011-Mar. 2012) at StudentsFirst. Director at Knowledge Universe, Aug. 2005-Oct. 2010. B.A. in communication studies from Cal State University-Sacramento.
- Director of Advance Valerie Tyburski (Sept. 2019) Operations administrator for DST Global, May 2017-Dec. 2018. Director of travel operations (May 2016-Apr. 2017), deputy director of travel operations (Sept. 2015-May 2016) and advance officer (July 2013-Sept. 2015) in the Office of the Secretary of Defense. Advance officer for the White House, Mar. 2010-July 2013; national advance staff on Obama for America, Jan.-Nov. 2012. B.A. in marketing and B.S. in business marketing from Ball State University, 2011.
DELEGATE OPERATIONS/BALLOT ACCESS
- Delegate Operations and Ballot Access Manager Cameron Koob (July 2019) Senior research associate (Jan.-July 2019) and research associate (Feb.-Dec. 2018) at Fahr LLC / Need to Impeach. Public policy coordinator for the National Organization on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Mar. 2017-Feb. 2018. Campaign manager on Joe Casey for State Senate (NH), June-Nov. 2016. Research assistant on Katie McGinty for Senate (PA), Jan.-May 2016. B.A. in political science and government from Franklin & Marshall College, 2015.
- Chief Operating Officer Chris Fadeff(July 2019) Has worked with Steyer since Oct. 2013, serving as chief financial officer and vice president of legal for both NextGen America and Need to Impeach. Development officer at Sonoma State University, Jan. 2011-Oct. 2013. Aide on Jerry Brown 2010, Aug.-Dec. 2010. Law clerk in the U.S. Department of Justice, 2008. Aide in the U.S. House of Representatives, May 2005-May 2007. J.D. from University of California's Hastings College of Law; bachelor's degree from Sonoma State University.
- Head of People Operations Mike De Bellis Head of people operations at NextGen America, Need to Impeach, Fahr LLC from Dec. 2018. Director of human resources at Planned Parenthood Northern California, Feb. 2015-Dec. 2018. Senior human resources manager, retail at Peet's Coffee & Tea, Dec. 2012-Jan. 2015. Director of human resources at Sutter Pacific Medical Foundation, June 2009-Dec. 2012. Manager of employee relations and EEO programs for the San Francisco Public Utilities Commission, Oct. 2002-June 2009. Litigation attorney at Bledso, Cathcart et al. in San Francisco, Jan. 2000-Feb. 2002. Law clerk in the Alameda County District Attorney's Office, Jan. 1997-Jan. 1999. J.D. from Golden Gate University School of Law, 1998; B.A. in English and History from Gonzaga University, 1995.
- People Operations Manager Jessie Xenakis(July 2019) People operations associate (June 2018-July 2019) and office manager (Feb.-June 2018) at NextGen America. Job developer/employment specialist at Swords to Plowshares, July 2015-Feb. 2018. B.A. in psychology from San Francisco State University, 2015.
- Director of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion J. Aniece Adams (July 2019) Digital advocacy director, director of partnerships at NextGen America, Apr. 2017-July 2019. Campaign director at MoveOn.org, Mar. 2016-Apr. 2017. Senior director of digital media interim vice president of communications and digital media (July 2014-July 2015) and director of digital media (June 2012-July 2014) at the NAACP. Consultant/cultural ambassador for the U.S. Department of State, May-Oct. 2012. Owner of nubian sisters productions, Jan. 2008-June 2012. Diversity media strategist for the Sierra Club, 2012. Media consultant (Oct.-Nov. 2009) and new media producer (Mar-Sept. 2009) for SEIU. New media manager of constituency content at the DNC, July 2010-Sept. 2011. Outreach director for Brave New Foundation, Jan.-Dec. 2007. Manager of creative services and artist relations fro CBS Television Entertainment in Los Angeles, Jan. 1996-Aug. 2000. B.A. in broadcast communications from San Francisco State University.
- Battleground States Operations Director Rebecca Dussich (July 2019) Midwest organizing manager at Need to Impeach, Sept. 2018-July 2019. Associate attorney at Frost Brown Todd in Cincinnati, Oct. 2016-Sept. 2018. J.D. from University of Cincinnati College of Law, 2016; B.B.A. in business management from Thomas More College, 2013.
- Western Regional Operations Director Sarah Bacon (Sept. 2019) Director of operations at Lake Research Partners, May 2018-Mar. 2019. Director of customer success at Grassroots Unwired, May 2016-Nov. 2017. National operations director and Iowa operations director (from June 2015) at Bernie 2016. Bacon has held more than a dozen campaign and organizing positions over almost a decade. Recent experience includes Western KY organizer for Smoke-free Kentucky, Dec. 2014-Jan. 2015; director at Buzzards Bay Strategies, June-Nov. 2014; campaign manager on Adams for Montana, Jan.-March 2014; and state canvass director for Grassroots Solutions, based in Norfolk, VA, July-Nov. 2013. She started as Southern Oregon field director on Westlund for Governor, Jan.-Aug. 2006. Bachelor's degree in sociology from Southern Oregon University, 2011.
- Office Coordinator Jessica R. Hyman Bachelor's in international studies from University of San Francisco, 2019.
- Product Manager Alexander Frieden (July 2019) Product manager at Atrium, Mar. 2017-July 2019. Advance associate for the White House, Aug. 2013-Jan. 2017. Chief of staff on Jim Barksdale for Senate (GA), Oct.-Nov. 2016. Special advisor and director of site advance on Bernie 2016, Aug. 2015-June 2016. Associate at Brad Herbert Associates for United Nations Population Fund, June 2011-May 2013. GOTV staff on OFA-VA in Hampton Roads, VA, Oct.-Nov. 2012. Data acquisition specialist at the DNC, Oct. 2011-Nov. 2012. B.A. in government, law and society from Cornell University.
- User Experience Designer/Junior Designer Sophia Lu (Aug. 2019) UX designer since 2018. Practice coordinatr at UCSF Medical Center, Feb.-June 2018. Administrative assistant/document control coordinator for Convergent Laser Technologies, Aug. 2016-Aug. 2017. Assistant teacher at LePort Schools in the SF Bay area, Nov. 2015-Aug. 2016. Bachelor's degree in human development from UC Davis, 2015.
- Surrogate and Family Liaison Sam Steyer (July 2019) Co-founder and head of analytics at Station A, Aug. 2018-July 2019. Head of analytics, Station A Group (Jan.-Aug. 2018) and product manager for energy analytics, Station A Group (Jan. 2017-Jan. 2018) at NRG Energy. Project coordinator for 2Seeds Masoko Project in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, Aug. 2012-July 2013. Analyst for Advanced Energy Economy, May 2011-Aug. 2012. M.S. in computationa and mathematical engineering fom Stanford University, 2015; A.B. in applied mathematics from Harvard University 2011.
- Media Consultant/TV Advertising Kevin Cate (July 2019) President and founder (Dec. 2010) at CATECOMM, a public relations, digital and advertising firm in Tallahassee; experience includes Andrew Gillum's campaign for governor in 2018 and senior advisor on Charlie Crist's campaign for governor in 2014. Master's degree in political science from Florida State University, 2009; bachelor's degree in political science, communications from Auburn University, 2005.
- State Director Michael Edwards (announced Aug. 27, 2019) Freelance consultant and campaign strategist from June 2016. Consultant at Crossroads Campaign Solutions, Apr.-Nov. 2018. Campaign manager on Margaret for Alaska, Feb.-June 2016. Deputy national political director on O'Malley for President, June 2015-Jan. 2016. Campaign manager on Glen Gainer for Congress (WV), Feb.-Nov. 2014. Deputy campaign manager on Adam Haber for Nassau County Executive, July-Sept. 2013. Coordinated Campaign director for the Indiana Democratic Party, Aug.-Nov. 2012. Director of outreach for U.S. Chamber Watch, 2011-12. Campaign director for Defeat Poverty DC, Jan.-Nov. 2010. Program manager at Winning Connections, Aug.-Nov. 2008. National outreach director for Children's Defense Fund, June 2007-July 2008. Field coordinator for ONE Campaign, June 2006-June 2007. B.A. in political science and government from Simpson College, 2000. Davenport native.
- Organizing Director Keshavan Sridhar Previously Iowa field director on Rep. Eric Swalwell's campaign.
Regional Organizing Directors
- Polk County Matt Rego (Dec. 2019) Finance assistant on Margaret Good for Congress (Sarasota, FL), June-Nov. 2019. Regional field director for the Rhode Island Democratic Party, May-Nov. 2018. Finance intern on Bob Casey for U.S. Senate, Jan.-May 2018. Field organizer on Perry Warren for State Representative (PA), May-Nov. 2016. Bachelor's degree in journalism from Temple University, 2018. Rhode Island native.
- Central Iowa/Ames Cylest Brooks (Oct. 2019) Freelancer in the Greater Milwaukee area from Feb. 2018. Organizer at For Our Future, Sept.-Oct. 2019. Assistant store manager at Torrid in Glendale, WI, Nov. 2016-May 2017. Briefly a candidate for Assembly in WI District 7 in 2012. Studied at Alverno College and Olivet Nazarene University.
- Iowa City Nathan Haerr (Nov. 2019) Field organizer in Richmond for the Democratic Party of Virginia, July-Nov. 2019. Field organizer in Fairfield for the Iowa Democratic Party, Aug.-Nov. 2018. Bachelor's degree in physics from Coe College, 2018.
- Waterloo Joe Caruolo Field organizer in Virginia for For Our Future from Aug. 2019. Field organizer on Sheldon Whitehouse for U.S. Senate, June-Nov. 2018. B.A. in philosophy from Guilford College.
- Davenport Andrew McDowell
- Communications Director Leah Haberman(Sept. 2019) Outreach manager for the Housing Development Consortium of Seattle-King County, June 2018-Sept. 2019. Undergraduate degree in law, societies, and justice from University of Washington.
- Press Secretary Courtney Carstens (Oct. 2019) Iowa press secretary on Friends of John Delaney, Jan.-Oct. 2019. Brand ambassador for Portobello Road Ames, Aug.-Dec. 2018. Owner of RMC Studios in Ames from June 2018. Bachelor's degree in communications, journalism from Iowa State University, 2018.
- Digital Director Brittany Bischoff (Oct. 2019) Analytics manager for Intoxalock, Mar. 2018-Oct. 2019. Digital strategist for Spinutech (Cedar Falls), Aug. 2015-Mar. 2018. Manager of SEO (Apr. 2014-Aug. 2015) and digital marketing specialist (Oct. 2012-Apr. 2014) for Mudd Advertising (Cedar Falls). Web content writer for Yell Adworks, Dec. 2011-Oct. 2012. Web marketing specialist for d'vine(R) Skin Care, July 2010-Nov. 2011. B.A. in marketing, advertising from University of Northern Iowa, 2010.
- Roger Thomas, former state Rep., represented Elkader district from Jan. 1977-Jan. 2014. ...announced Oct. 15, 2019
- State Director Michael Morrill (announced Aug. 27, 2019) Executive director of Greyroots Action from July 2017. Interim executive director at Progress South Carolina, July 2017-Aug. 2018. Executive director of Keystone Progress, July 2008-June 2017. Executive director of Pennsylvanians United for Quality Care, June 2003-Aug. 2008. M.Div. in theology, communications from Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, 1990; undergraduate studies at Eastern Nazarene College.
Regional organizing directors include
- Jake Capistran Regional organizer director (from Jan. 2019) and community organizer (May-Nov. 2018) in Jacksonville, FL for NextGen America. Studied at Jacksonville University.
- Karen Jackie(Oct. 2019) Political campaign manager for BTDC in Berlin, CT from Apr. 2016. Chief experience officer for Valerity-Strategies & Solutions, Aug. 2018-Sept. 2019. Co-founder of ContentRobot LLC, July 2004-Oct. 2018. Masters in business from Rensselar Polytechnic Institute at Hartford, 1997; B.A. in English from The University of Connecticut, 1986.
- Communications Director Keith Barnish (Oct. 2019) Communications director for Colorado Senate Democrats, Aug. 2018-Oct. 2019. Senior account supervisor (Dec. 2017-July 2018) and account supervisor (May 2016-Nov. 2017) at Kirtzman Strategies in NYC area. Campaign advisor for Santos NY, Jan.-June 2017. Associate at Group Gordon, Jan. 2015-Feb. 2016. Research associate for higher education strategic research, The Advisory Board Company, Oct. 2013-Dec. 2014. B.A. in political science, international studies, journalism from Boston College. twitter
- Press Secretary Colin Booth(Aug. 2019, initailly organizing director) Director of communications for Civix Strategy Group in Concord, NH from Mar. 2019. New England organizing manager for Need to Impeach, Oct. 2018-Mar. 2019. Field director on Corbin-Johnson for Congress (PA-10), Feb.-May 2018. Field director for the Chester County Democratic Party, Sept.-Nov. 2017. Deputy field director on Citizens for Rich Negrin (District Attorney of Philadelphia), Feb.-June 2017. Regional field organizer for PA Dems, Hillary for America, Aug.-Nov. 2016. Principal at RAT-PAC, June 2015-July 2016. Account representative at NCH Corporation, Jan. 2012-June 2015. Stringer and cortributor for The Associated Press, 2009-Nov. 2013. B.A.Sc. in journalism, news writing from West Virginia University, 2011; A.A.S. in communication and media studies from County College of Morris, 2006.
- Dudley Dudley, former Executive Councillor and state Rep. from Durham
- State Director Jocelyn Sida(announced Aug. 27, 2019) Deputy campaign manager on Amy Vilela's congressional campaign in NV-4 in the June 2018 primary. Nevada state director and earlier deputy director and development associate at Mi Familia Vota in 2016. "No War With Iran" regional field organizer for MoveOn from Aug. 2015. Worked on Emanuel Pleitez's 2013 campaign for Mayor of Los Angeles. Candidate for Fontana (CA) School Board in Nov. 2012. B.A. in political science and international relations. Originally from El Monte, CA.
- Political Director Jessica Padron (Oct. 2019) Founder of Latinos Unidos NV from Mar. 2018. Political advocacy and public relations strategist at Padrón Strategies & Solutions from Feb. 2014. Public health diversity advisor for the Nevada Office of Minority Health & Equity, Aug.-Oct. 2019. Elder rights specialist II for the Nevada Department of Health and Human Services, June-Aug 2019. Legislative assistant to Sen. Pat Spearman, Jan.-June 2019. Deputy campaign and finance director for Policy Communications in Las Vegas, Sept. 2017-Dec. 2018. Field director in northern Michigan for the DCCC, Sept.-Nov. 2016. Southern Nevada community organizer for Everytown for Gun Safety, Sept. 2015-Sept. 2016. B.A. in international relations and foreign affairs from UNLV, 2016.
- Organizing Director Evan Welty (Sept. 2019) Director of data services in Las Vegas for America Votes, July 2018-May 2019. Managing director in Las Vegas for FieldWorks, Feb.-July 2018. Interim executive director (June 2017-Feb. 2018) and legislative aide (Jan.-Apr. 2017) for the Wyoming Democratic Party. Regional organizing director for the Florida Democratic Party, Apr.-Nov. 2016. Field organizer on Hillary for America, Nov. 2015-Apr. 2016. Event specialist at Advantage Sales & Marketing, Feb. 2011-May 2015. Organizer for the Arizona Democratic Party, Sept.-Dec. 2014. B.A.Sc. in American government and politics (2010) and M.A. in public policy analysis (2014) from Northern Arizona University.
- Las Vegas Redeem G. Robinson (also faith outreach) Experience includes Southwest regional manager for Need to Impeach.
- Communications Director Eli Magana Experience includes Nevada Assembly Democrats, For Our Future Nevada, AFSCME, SEIU, UAW and Yomiuri Oniline. Attended UC Berkeley.
- Press Secretary Ivet Contreras Principal at IC Media Strategy in Reno-Tahoe from May 2018. Multimedia journalist/assignment desk manager at Telemundo Las Vegas, Oct. 2015-Apr. 2018. Multimedia journalist in Las Vegas (June-Oct. 2015) and Reno (Sept. 2013-June 2015) for Entravision Communications. Producer at KRNV News 4-Reno (NBC affiliate), Oct. 2012-Sept. 2013. B.A. in broadcast journalism from University of Nevada-Reno, 2012.
Regional Directors of Operations
- Southwest Karina Provost Southern Nevada organizing coordinator for NARAL Pro-Choice America from Sept. 2018. Regional reporting analyst (Jan.-Sept. 2018) and national sales and marketing project supervisor (Jan. 2016-Dec. 2017) for Diamond Resorts; national sales and marking coordinator (Oct. 2013-Dec. 2015) and contracts specialist (May-Oct. 2013) for Diamond Resorts International. Consultant/offie manager for Your Vacation Destinations, Jan.-May 2013. Executive assistant to the CEO (Aug. 2011-Aug. 2012) and contracts/escrow processor (Feb. 2010-Aug. 2011 at Starpoint Resort Group Inc.
- Arely Chaparro Las Vegas
- State Director Jonathan Metcalf (started in early Aug. 2019; announced Aug. 27, 2019) Principal at Fletcher+Metcalf (Columbia-Spartanburg) from Aug. 2012; owner of Metcalf-Marketing, LLC from Jan. 1996. South Carolina chair of Ready for Hillary in 2016. Business development executive for Carolinas Suppliers Diversity Council, June 2009-Jan. 2011. Regional sales manager for Black Pages, 1993-2009. Upstate political director/political outreach coordinator for Obama for America in the South Carolina primary, June 2007-Feb. 2008. B.A. in political science from University of South Carolina, 1988.
- State Rep. Jerry Govan (District 95, Orangeburg Co.) (reported Oct. 4, 2019) Elected to the House and currently chairman of South Carolina’s Legislative Black Caucus. Advisor and co-chairman of Biden’s 2008 campaign in South Carolina. Primary drug prevention consultant since 1990. Small Business Development Center at South Carolina State University. Assistant to the Director of Personnel at South Carolina State University. Recruiting officer for the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control. Personnel specialist for the U.S. Department of the Navy. B.A. degree from South Carolina State University, 1982.
- Brandon Upson (reported by FITS News, Oct. 14, 2019; announced Oct. 30) Serves as the campaign's national organizing director, from Spartanburg;
- Political Director Jill Fletcher (reported by FITS News, Oct. 14, 2019; announced Oct. 30) Twenty years experience in SC politics including associate at Momentum National (previously South Carolina Public Affairs) from June 2018; and fundraising for the South Carolina Democratic Party under Chairman Joe Erwin.
Regional Organizing Directors include
- Nocola Hemphill, PM(Oct. 2019) Entrepreneur based in Charlotte, NC. Founder, executive director of GlowHive from July 2008. Freelance brand development, project manager at Nocola Creative, from Nov. 2010. Founder, executive director of Kokumo Lifestyle from Jan. 2017. Chief owner of Nfinity Spa Bar from Aug. 2017. Studied at South Carolina State University.
- Communications Director Tiffiany Vaughn Jones (reported by FITS News, Oct. 14, 2019; announced Oct. 30) Founder of Brash v2.0 Communications. Organizer in Perry, Iowa on Hillary for America campaign in Fall 2016. Worked on Obama's 2008 campaign. New Jersey native.
- Press Secretary Quincy Oxendine(Aug. 2019) Communications assistan to the executive director of The Big Red Barn Retreat, Jan.-July 2019. Logistics specialist in the Navy Reserves, May 2012-May 2017. Postal clerk/logistics specialist for the U.S. Navy, May 2004-May 2012. Circulation assistant at Sumter County Library, Aug. 2002-Apr. 2004. Technical assistant for Miller Communications, May 2000-Aug. 2002. Master of Mass Communication (2019) and B.A. in broadcast journalism (2001) from University of South Carolina.
- Former South Carolina State Rep. Harold Mitchell ... announced Sept. 10, 2019 represented the 31st District (Spartanburg) from 2005-17.
- State Rep. Jerry Govan
- State Rep. Russell Ott (District 93, St. Matthews) [Assistant Minority Leader] ...reported Nov. 7, announced Nov. 8, 2019 >
- Rep. Leola Robinson-Simpson (District 25, Greenville)
- Mayor Barbara Hopkins of Sellers
- Ronald Henegan, former Chair of Marlboro County School Board
- Rosie Craig, founding member of the Conargee Southeast Vista Guild
- State Director Katie Vavao aka Katie Barbero. (Nov. 2019) Deputy director of the Democratic Office of Communications and Outreach from Aug. 2017. Deputy director at the Speaker's Office of Member Services in Sacramento, Mar. 2015-Aug. 2017. Chief of staff to California Assemblyman Das Williams, Mar. 2014-Mar. 2015. Statewide field deputy director for the California Democratic Party from Dec. 2012. Campaign manager on Joan Buchanan for State Assembly/CDP, July-Nov. 2010. Field director on Joan Buchanan for State Assembly/CDP (Elk Grove), Aug.-Nov. 2008. Volunteer coordinator on Nicole Parra for State Assembly/CDP (Bakersfield), Aug.-Nov. 2006. Master's degree in American government and politics from Cal State Sacramento, 2005; bachelor's degree in political science and government from UC Davis, 2003.
- Political Director Steve Dunwoody (Sept. 2019) Deputy director of the Center for Diverse Leadership in Science at UCLA, Sept. 2018-Sept. 2019. Candidate for California Assembly, July 2017-June 2018. California director at Vet Voice Foundation of VoteVets.org, June 2014-2017. Independent consultant, May 2012-May 2014. B.A. in political science-international relations.
Regional Organizing Directors include
- Luiz Gustavo Dos Santos (Oct. 2019) Policy and government relations coordinator for the Empire Justice Center in NY, Dec. 2018-Oct. 2019. Canvass field director for Red Horse Strategies, Oct.-Nov. 2018. Field organizer for the New York State Democratic Party, Aug.-Oct. 2018. School outreach coordinator for Learning Allliances, LLC, Jan.-Aug. 2018. Political fellow on de Blasio 2017, Sept.-Dec. 2017. Passport specialist for the U.S. Department of State, Feb. 2016-Mar. 2016. Barista at Starbucks, Aug. 2015-Feb. 2016. Community organizer on Udall for Colorado, Aug.-Nov. 2014. Peace Corps in Morocco, Mar. 2012-May 2014. Student relations coordinator for Trio Educational Services in AR, Jan. 2018-Feb. 2012. B.A. degrees in history and sociology from Ouachita Baptist University, 2009.
- Anne Wile (Oct. 2019) Self-employed writer/producer/actor/leadership trainer in the L.A. area from Feb. 2017. B.F.A. from UCLA.
- Carlos Alcala, chair of the California Democratic Party Chicano-Latino Caucus ...Dec. 17, 2019 campaign tweet
- State Director Tanya Nathan(Aug. 2019) Young adult department program manager for JEWISHcolorado, Apr. 2017-June 2019. Colorado training director (June-Nov. 2016) and state field lead in Denver (Oct. 2015-May 2016 ) on Hillary for America. Volunteer coordinator at Biennial of the Americas, May-Sept. 2015. Regional field director with the Colorado Democratic Party, June-Nov. 2014. Conference planner with the Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism, June 2013-May 2014. B.A. in international/global studies, political science from University of Denver, 2012.
- Political Director Pat Murphy ...resigned Nov. 8, 2019 Democratic nominee for Congress in IA-1 in 2014, losing to Rod Blum. Served 12 terms in the Iowa House, including as Speaker (2007-11) and Minority Leader (2003-07); first elected in a 1989 special election. Worked as a quality assurance analyst/document specialist. B.A. in speech communication from Loras College, 1980.
- South Carolina Deputy State Director Dwane Sims ...resigned Nov. 4, 2019 (Oct. 2019) Data director/voter file manager (Nov. 2018-Sept. 2019) and field director (July-Nov. 2018) at the SC Democratic Party. Served 23 years in the U.S. Marine Corps, including deputy director of recruiting operations for eight states in the Southeast (Jan. 2017-May 2018); commanding officer in Montgomery, AL (Sept.-Dec. 2016) and training team officer (July 2015-Aug 2016) for Marine Corps Recruiting. Bachelor’s degree in political science from the University of South Carolina.
- Karla Hudson ...briefly on comms. (July 2019) Policy director for Need to Impeach. Corporate communications roles at Google and Intuit. On-air reporter at NBC affiliates in Illinois and Minnesota. Worked with Northwestern University’s Innocence Project. M.S. in integrated marketing communications (2011) and B.S. in journalism (2004) from the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University.