The International Communist Seminar
This page is in progress. More information here.
The International Communist Seminar is an annual conference held in Brussels on May 2-4. It has run from 1992 - 2006.
Since 1992, the International Communist Seminar (ICS), organized every year in Brussels (Belgium), gathers parties and organizations which defend Marxism-Leninism and proletarian internationalism and which oppose revisionism. About 150 organizations of Africa, Latin America, North America, Asia and Europe have taken part to its works. For 4 years, from 1992 to 1995, the ICS worked on identifying "the true causes of the capitalist restoration in Soviet Union" and in Eastern Europe and to draw from it lessons for the future.
In 1998, the ICS, in association with the EPO has published a book entitled "The collapse of the Soviet Union: causes and lessons". The book contains among others, 12 contributions presented at the Seminar. One can read:
- "In the situation created by the collapse of the Soviet Union and the introduction of wild capitalism in this country and in Eastern Europe; the parties and organizations faithful to the revolutionary principles of Marxism-Leninism draw the lessons of the counter-revolutionary processes which have destroyed the socialism in Soviet Union. Confronted to the offensive launched by the reactionaries, they feel the necessity to be united to launch a counter-offensive in favor of the exploited and oppressed masses and to give back to all the ones who fight capitalism and imperialism trust in the socialist future of humanity."
Themes of ICS Conferences
Themes of the recent ICS Conferences:
- 2006: Present and past experiences in the international communist movement: "The impact of the Communist International on the founding and the development of the communist parties in particular countries", "The exchange of concrete experiences of Party work in the working class and among the youth"
- 2005: Internationalist experiences and tasks of Communists in the struggle against imperialism
- 2004: The strategy and tactics of the struggle against global US imperialist war
- 2003: The Marxist-Leninist Party and the anti-imperialist Front facing the war
- 2002: Economical crises and the possibility of a major world crisis
- 2001: The world socialist revolution in the conditions of imperialist globalization.
- 2000: Imperialism, fascization and fascism
- 1999: Imperialism means war
- 1998: The working class, its leading role, new forms of exploitation and experiences of struggle and organization.
- 1997: The way of the October revolution is the way of the liberation of the workers
- 1996: The anti-imperialist struggle under the New World Order.
In 1997 the title of the conference was: The 80th anniversary of the October revolution
The following topics were covered:
- "United, communists will never be defeated! Common action needed against the onslaughts of imperialism", Bert De Belder
- "Report on the International Communist Seminar", Ludo Martens, Chairman of the Workers' Party of Belgium
- "The road of the world revolution in the XXIst century On the occasion of the 80th anniversary of the October Revolution", Ludo Martens, Chairman of the Workers' Party of Belgium
- "Lenin and Stalin on the Relationship of Democratic and Socialist Revolutions in Colonial and Semicolonial Countries", Jose Maria Sison, Founding Chairman, Communist Party of the Philippines
- "The Road of The October Revolution: Lenin, Stalin and the peasant question under Socialism", Harpal Brar, Indian Workers' Association - GB
- "The second liberation struggle in Africa. United we stand, devided we fall", B. Cango Machyo W'obanda, National Resistance Movement (MRM) Uganda
- "Another Day for an Absent Class: A Report presented by PFLP Delegation", Dr. Adel Samara
- "Letter concerning the Brussels Seminar "80th anniversary of the October revolution", Hysni Milloshi, founding chairman of the Communist Party of Albania
- "Socialism will liberate South Africa", Winnie Madikelezi Mandela
In 1998 the topic of the conference was: The Working Class, its leading Role, new Forms of Exploitation and Experiences of Struggle and Organisation
The following topics were covered:
Exploitation and Struggles of the Russian Working Class today
- "The development of the working class and of the workers' movement in Russia", Boris Yatchmenev, Communist Workers' Party of Russia
- "The current situation of the trade union movement in Russia", Mikhail Popov, Workers' and Peasants' Party of Russia
- "The situation of the working class in Russia and the forms of mass work with it", Yevgieni Piskun, Communist Party of the Soviet Union
- "Nationalism and internationalism among the workers of Russia and in the republics", Oleg Shenin, Union of Communist Parties-Communist Party of the Soviet Union
The Composition of the Proletariat and the Working Class
- "The changes in the composition of the working class and the proletariat", Jean Pestieau, Workers' Party of Belgium
- "The modern boundaries of the working class. Its historical role and the tasks of the Communist Movement", Heleni Bellou, Communist Party of Greece - KKE
- "Transformations inside the working class and social antagonist coalition", Lotta per la Pace et il Socialismo - Forum dei Communisti (Communist Party of Italy)
The Intensification of the Exploitation of Labour, new Forms of Exploitation
- "New forms of exploitation of the working class in Argentina in the name of 'greater labour flexibility", Irina Santesteban, Partido de la Liberación de Argentina
- "Working class in the contemporary world", Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Janashakti
- "The Toyota way of increasing exploitation in the car industry", Thomas Gounet, Workers' Party of Belgium
- "The present condition of Japanese Labour movement", Japan Communist League
- "Particular experiences of Filipino workers and their families under intensified imperialist exploitation", Communist Party of the Philippines
- "Proletarian internationalism and the New World Order", Socialist Unity Center of India
- "Bankruptcy of Imperialist Globalization and Urgency of the Socialist Cause", Jose Maria Sison
Experiences of Trade union Struggles and political Struggles of the working Class
- "Report on Labor movement", Joe Iosbaker, Freedom Road Socialist Organization - USA
- "The women across experience", Communist Workers' Party AKP - Norway
- "Trade Union Struggle in a Semi-colonial and Semi-feudal Setting", Communist Party of the Philippines
- "Experiences of trade union struggles and political struggles of the working class", DHKP-C (Turkey)
- "The experience of Trade unions today", Lotta per la Pace et il Socialismo - Forum dei Communisti (Communist Party of Italy)
- "The emergence of the Socialist Labour Party and resistance in the British working-class against the onslaught of monopoly capitalism", Harpal Brar, Socialist Labour Party of Great Britain
The leading Role of the Working Class in the national democratic Revolution
- "The leading role of the working class in the national democratic revolution", Communist Party of India (Marxist Leninist) Liberation
- "Leading role of the working class in the national democratic revolution", Communist Party of India (Marxist Leninist) Red Flag
Cuba. People's Democratic Republic of Korea. Albania. Greece.
- "The Communist Party of Cuba, a view since its Fifth Congress", Partido Communista de Cuba
- "On the Struggle of the Workers' Party of Korea against the Imperialists' Machinations of 'Globalisation' and for Defending Socialist Cause", Workers' Party of Korea
- "PKSH, the genuine flag of the people", Hysni Milloshi, Communist Party of Albania, PKSH
- Presentation on the International Communist Seminar, 2006 (accessed on Sept. 28, 2010)
- International Communist Seminar Program, 1997 (accessed on Sept. 28, 2010)
- WPB.be: International Communist Seminar Program, 1998 (accessed on Sept. 28, 2010)