The Committee for the 26th of July
Template:TOCnestleft The Committee for the 26th of July operating from the Venceremos Brigade post office box-PO Box 3169, New York, N.Y. 10001-is sponsoring "A People's Salute to Cuba" on Thursday, July 24 and Friday, July 25 at New York's Manhattan Center.
The Thursday evening event will consist of an "evening in solidality with Puerto Rican independence." Performers are to include Roy Brown, the Cerni theater group; folksinger Rev. Frederick Douglas Kirkpatrick, a regular attraction at radical events, particularly those involving the Communist Party USA; dancer Betty Garcia; and Mike Glick, a regular performer for the Communist Party's youth group, the Young Workers Liberation League.
Principal speaker at the Thursday evening event will be Noel Colon Martinez, one of the attorneys representing three Puerto Rican Socialist Party members detained in the Dominican Republic on charges of having transported three Cuban-trained Domlnican guerrillas tonthat country. Dr. Colon is also president of the Puerto Rican branch of the international Soviet-controlled front, the World Peace Council. The announced topic of his speech, not unexpectedly, is "the historic role Cuba has played in themstruggle for the independence of Puerto Rico."
The Friday evening "People's Salute" will feature Angela Davis, member of theCentral Committee of the Communist Party USA; Antonio Rodriguez of the Center for Autonomous Social Action, generally known as CASA, who is also a member of the U.S. Support Committee for the Havana solidarity conference; Cleveland Robinson of the DistributivemWorkers of America, long a Communist-dominated union, and a member of the National Afro-AmericanLabor Council; and peace activist David Dellinger, a self-described "Communist, though not of the pro-Soviet variety" and member of the board of the Puerto Rican Solidarity Committee.
The Venceremos Brigade's Committeesfor the 26th of July will hold commemo- rations of the Moncada assault in 14 other cities including Atlanta, in my home State; Charlotte and Durham, N.C.; Chicago and Champaign, DI.; Nashville, Tenn.; Washingt-0n, D.C., Kansas City; Albuquerque; Los Angeles; San Francisco and Seattle.
Signers of the letter of invitation to Melba Hernandez and sponsors of them"People's Salute to Cuba" include many associated with the Puerto Rican Socialist Party, the Puerto Rican Solidarity Committee, the Communist Party USA - the National Interim Committee for a Mass Party of the People, the Venceremos Brigade; and various "Chile Solidarity" groups, among others.
- Rev. Lee H. Ball, Methodist Federation for Social Action (a.n identified Communist front).
- Dennis Banks, American Indian Movement (an organization noted for its use of violence and terrorist tactics which ts affiliated with the CPUSA front for infiltration of the prison and civil rights movements, the National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression.
- David Barkin, Union for Radical Political Economics (URPE). (a self-stated Marxist organization; previously active with the ***Center for Cuban Studies in New York).
- Phil Berrigan.
- Leonard Boudin, National Emergency Civil Liberties Committee, ( a.n Identified OPUSA front).
- Anne Braden. Southern Institute for Propaganda.nnand Organizing (and identified CPUSA member).
- Katherine Camp, Women's International League for Peace and Freedom.
- Nelson Canals.
- Rev. Benjamin Chavis, Wilmington 10 Defendant (and co-chairperson of the CPUSA's National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression).
- Noam Chomsky, (active in various World Peace Council projects and a supporter o!m the Communist and Castroite front, the Medlcal Aid to Cuba Committee).
- Robert Chrisman, The Black Scholar.
- Dr. June Jackson Christmas.
- Hon. George Crockett, Jr., Judge, Recorder's Court of Detroit (and for many years a leader of the National Lawyers Guild, "legal bulwark of the Communist Party.)
- Angela Davis, Co-chail·person, National, Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression
- Eddie Demmings, Venceremos Brigade.
- Carlos F. Diaz-Alejandro, Yale University.
- Daniel Ellsberg.
- Richard Fagen, president, Latin American Studies Association.
- Stanley Faulkner, World Peace Council and International Association of Democratic Lawyers (both international Soviet-dominated fronts) .
- Carol Bernstein Ferry (:Mrs. W. H. Ferry), ( a financial "angel" for many left-wing groups).
- W. H. Ferry.
- Jane Fonda (Mrs. Tom Hayden, actress and propagandist for the North Vietnamese).
- Henry Foner.
- Rev. David Garcia, St. Marks Church on the Bowery (and supporter of innumerable rev- olutionary groups and causes) and former Venceremos Brigade traveler to Cuba).
- Margaret Gilpin, Co-Chairperson, U.S.- Cuba Health Exchange.
- Sidney Gluck.
- Mary Harding, Common Front for Latin America (COFFLA), (a former Maryknoll nun expelled from Bolivia in 1973 who publicly admitted to having been a member of and recruiter for the ELN guerrillas founded by Che Guevara) .
- James Haughton, Fightback (a member of the Puerto Rican Solidarity Committee for a Mass Party of the People) .
- Lennox Hinds, Executive Director, National Conference of Black Lawyers (and a former Cuban visitor who also is one of the leaders of the National Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression).
- Florence Kennedy, lawyer (and member of the National Lawyers Guild).
- Arthur Kinoy, National Interim Committee for a Mass Party of the People ( and member of the national board of the Puerto Rican Solidarity Committee who participated in the March meeting in Havana of the U.S. Preparatory Committee for the coming international solidarity conference on Puerto Rico).
- William Kunstler, Center for Constitutional Rights (National Lawyers Guild activist who states he intends to "tear down the system through the system) .
- Saul Landau, Institute for Policy Studies (and consistent propagandist for the Cuban communist regime) .
- Denise Levertov.
- Sandra Levinson, Center for Cuban Studies, (a New York clearinghouse for Cuban government propaganda) •
- Walter Lowenfels, poet (and, long-time CPUSA member).
- Betita Martinez, authOT.
- Florencio Merced (Florencio Merced Rosa. J, Political Committee, Puerto Rican Socialist Party.
- Dr. Arden Miller.
- Elizabeth Moos, long-time Communist Party functionary and mother-in-law of convicted Soviet spy William Remington.
- Marion Munsell and Alex Munsell.
- George Murphy, National Representative, Afro-American Newspapers (active for four decades in the Communist Party USA).
- Bobbye Suckle Ortiz, Monthly Review, (an "independent" Marxist-Leninist magazine).
- Linus Pauling and Ava Pauling.
- Sidney Peck, (formerly a leader of the People's Coalition for Peace and Justice, a CPUSA-dominated organization active on behalf of the North Vietnamese communists).
- Pedro Perez. N.Y. Coordinator, National Committee for Fair Immigration Laws & Practices.
- James Petras, SUNY [State University of New York] at Binghamton (and active with several organizations supporting Latin American Marxist guerrillas) .
- Richard Post, Quakers.
- Earl Robinson, American Guild of Authors and Composers.
- Cleveland Robinson (president of the DistributionWorkers of America and secretary treasurer of the Communist-dominated District 65).
- Dr. Helen Rodriguez-Trias.
- Dr. Samuel Rosen and Helen Rosen ( twice visitors to Red China).
- Pete Seeger.
- Don Shaffer, president, Great Neck Reform Democratic Association.
- John Simon, publisher (member of the National Council of the National Emergency Civil Liberties Committee, a Communist Party front).
- Dr. Benjamin Spock.
- Dorothy Steffens, executive secretary, Women's International League for Peace and Freedom ( an organization which frequently takes positions in line With those of the USSR's World Peace Council).
- Edith Tiger, director, National Emergency Civil Liberties Committee (a Communist Party USA front.)
- Sidney von Luther, president, National Coalition to Fight Inflation and Unemployment (a Communist Party front organization developed in 1974).
- Joe Walker, N.Y. Bureau Chief, Muhammad Speaks (newspaper of the Nation of Islam or Black Muslims. Walker was selected as the first chairman of the U.S. chapter of the International Organization of Journalists,nan international Soviet-controlled front, and has been active with the American-Korean Friendship and Information Center, a CPUSA operation in support of the North Korean regime.)
- Doron Weinberg, president of the National Lawyers Guild.
- Peter Weiss and Cora Weiss (Peter Weiss is an attorney and founder of the Center for Constitutional Rights also active with the American Committee on Africa, a support group for various African Marxist guerrilla organizations. His wife was outstanding for her efforts in support of the North Vietnamese during the 1960's and 1970's).
- Helen Winter, International Affairs Secretary, Communist Party USA
- Jane Wood, Chelsea Coalition on Housing (the oldest Venceremos Brigade member).
- Quentin Young, M.D. (founder of the Medical Committee for Human Rights who evaded statil1g whether or not he was a member of a Communist Party doctors' cell in Chicago known as the Bethune Club in testimony in 1968).
- Howard Zinn, a supporter of the revolutionary group known as the National Interim Committee for a Mass Party of the People.
- [Larry McDonald Congressional July 16, 1975 page 23228 ]