Organization for Black Struggle activists.
Jamala Rogers, Montague Simmons, Kalimu Endesha, Halisi Lester, Waylon McDonald. · Juliette Jacobs, Audrey Hollis and Nikia Paulette · Darrick Smith, Aaron Burnett, Reuben Louis Riggs-Bookman, Grady Brown., Tef Poe, Kayla Reed. ·
National Briefing on Ferguson and the Palestine Solidarity Movement
On October 8 2014? the US Campaign hosted a briefing to talk about challenging racism from Palestine to Ferguson.
- Ferguson native, hip-hop artist, and Organization for Black Struggle organizer Tef Poe
- Millennial Activists United organizer Larry Fellows III
- St. Louis Palestine Solidarity Committee and US Campaign Steering Committee member Sandra Tamari
- Muslims for Ferguson organizer Muhammed Malik
- African Americans for Justice in the Middle East & North Africa member and US Campaign Steering Committee Co-Chair Felicia Eaves
Dream Defenders Palestine Delegation
Dream Defenders Palestine Delegation toured "Palestine" and in Israel, early January 2015.
The full list of delegates included five Dream Defenders (Phillip Agnew, Ciara Taylor, Steven Pargett, Sherika Shaw, Ahmad Abuznaid), Tef Poe and Tara Thompson (Ferguson/Hands Up United), journalist Marc Lamont Hill, Cherrell Brown and Carmen Perez (Justice League NYC), Charlene Carruthers (Black Youth Project), poet and artist Aja Monet, Patrisse Cullors (Black Lives Matter), and Maytha Alhassen.
On a historic trip to Palestine, freedom fighters from Los Angeles, Miami, Chicago, New York, Ferguson, and Atlanta were able to witness firsthand the effects of Israeli apartheid and occupation, and to learn from the people who are actively resisting on the front lines. In Nazareth, the delegates decided to do a solidarity demonstration as a call for support of the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) campaign that was called for by Palestinian civil society in 2005.
This demonstration was coordinated by Patrisse Cullors, co-founder of #BlackLivesMatter, and features "Ella's Song" by Sweet Honey in the Rock, sung by Charlene Carruthers, National Director of the Black Youth Project 100 and Dream Defenders’ Executive Director Phillip Agnew; poet, artist, and New York Justice League member, Aja Monet; rapper and Ferguson/Hands Up United organizer Tef Poe, and Ferguson/ Hands Up United organizer, Tara Thompson. Dream Defenders Ciara Taylor, Steven Pargett, Sherika Shaw, and Ahmad Abuznaid, journalist Marc Lamont Hill, New York Justice League organizers Cherrell Brown and Carmen Perez, and Maytha Alhassen, a University of Southern California Doctoral Candidate, are seen preforming the debke, a traditional Palestinian folk dance.
- https://www.facebook.com/obs.stl/photos/pb.1572405142979782.-2207520000.1451525582./1587503414803288/?type=3&theater OBS FB, Organization For Black Struggle December 23, 2014]
- https://www.facebook.com/obs.stl/photos/pb.1572405142979782.-2207520000.1451525582./1586761548210808/?type=3&theater OBS FB, Organization For Black Struggle December 21, 2014]
- https://www.facebook.com/obs.stl/photos/pb.1572405142979782.-2207520000.1451525582./1587503358136627/?type=3&theater OBS FB, Organization For Black Struggle December 23, 2014]
- US Campaign to End the Israeli Occupation, Listen to National Briefing on Ferguson and the Palestine Solidarity Movement On October 8
- BayView, Dream Defenders, Black Lives Matter and Ferguson reps take historic trip to Palestine January 14, 2015. Kristian Davis Bailey
- FB Dream Defenders January 15