Taryn Fivek lives in New York City, New York. From Jacksonville, Florida. Her parents are businessman Clark Fivek and Marcia Ladendorff, who was one of CNN's first anchors when the cable network launched. She was also the top anchor at WTLV-12 First Coast News in Jacksonville, before semi-retiring as a professor and media personality working at the University of North Florida. Her dad owns a company.
Taryn Fivek is active in struggles against racism, sexism, U.S. imperialism, anti-LGBTQ oppression and austerity, as well as a proud labor activist in her union. She is an adjunct lecturer in economics and PhD student in geography at the City University of New York, where she researches gentrification, economic crisis, policing, and who has a right to the city.
Taryn Fivek has used the online alias Emma Quangel.
- Countries of professional experience: USA, Iraq, Jordan, occupied Palestinian territories, United Kingdom, Qatar, Germany
- Languages: English (native), Arabic, Spanish, Russian
- MSc: Globalization and Development - 2012. School of Oriental and African Studies, London
- BA: Political Science - 2010, University of Central Florida
- Public Information Officer 07/2014 - Present the United Nations' International Organization for Migration – Iraq Mission. Field photography and interviews with beneficiaries, press notes, flash reports, infographics, video production, copy and scripts, media contacts, photography seminar for displaced youth, photo books, exhibitions, communications strategy development, recruiting and managing staff
- Assistant Internal Organizer 06/2013 – 02/2014, New York Hotel Trades Council, AFL-CIO.
- Events and Content Strategy Assistant 10/2012 – 06/2013, The Economist
- Programme Development Officer 07/2010 – 03/2011, Palestinian Center for Peace and Democracy
- Production Coordinator 10/2010, Women’s Tennis Association Championships. Assisting director and senior producers during live broadcast in Doha, Qatar, managing production pipelines, logistics, local procurement and production scheduling.
- Production Manager 01/2007 – 01/2008, Two Door FX Post-production management, client and artist management, streamlining production pipeline via new technology, copy and script writing 
Taryn Fivek is a member of the Workers World Party.
Condolences to Cuba
Greg Butterfield December 4, 2016 ·
J20 organizers are calling for people to gather at what they are renaming “Anti-Columbus Plaza” in front of D.C.’s Union Station at 6 a.m. on Jan. 20. A march on the White House will begin at 10 a.m.
The cops and agencies of the state are trying to stop people from saying “No to Trump!” Racist cops love Trump, who called Mexican immigrants “rapists” and who wants to crush the Black Lives Matter movement.
Ludicrous limits are being set to attempt to stop demonstrators. Among the items the cops are trying to prohibit at checkpoints are backpacks, balloons and even signs larger than 8 by 6 by 4 inches — about the size of half a sheet of typing paper!
“Many restrictions are vague, all-encompassing, contradictory and open to police interpretation,” said New York J20 organizer Taryn Fivek. “All are intended to restrict people’s freedom of assembly, freedom of speech and freedom of expression.”
“Women Fight Back Against Capitalism and Imperialism”
A forum featuring three young women revolutionaries was organized by the New York City chapter of Workers World Party on Jan. 18 2018. Entitled “Women Fight Back Against Capitalism and Imperialism,” the meeting was a building event for the J20 Days of Rage protests targeting the one-year anniversary inauguration of the "white supremacist, misogynist president, Donald Trump".
The three speakers were Ariella Riapos from G-REBLS on the resistance in Honduras; May Madarang from GABRIELA-NYC on repression and fightback in the Philippines; and Taryn Fivek from WWP on the role of revolutionary feminism versus bourgeois feminism. Each of the speakers spoke on the role that women play in these important struggles. The meeting was chaired by Paddy Colligan.
- WW #J20 mass protests planned: FIGHT TRUMP! By Stephen Millies posted on January 3, 2017
- [https://www.workers.org/2018/01/24/women-activists-on-capitalism-imperialism/ WW Women activists on capitalism, imperialism By Monica Moorehead posted on January 24, 2018]