- 1 Education
- 2 National Leading From the Inside Out Alum
- 3 PIRE former Advisory Board members
- 4 DataCenter Donor
- 5 Left Forum 2008
- 6 Left Forum 2010
- 7 Ear to the Ground Project
- 8 Backing Marty Walsh, 2013
- 9 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 10 Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
- 11 References
Studied at Reed College.
National Leading From the Inside Out Alum
PIRE former Advisory Board members
Philanthropic Initiative for Racial Equity, former Advisory Board members since launch in 2003:
- Barbara Arnwine, Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- Lucy Bernholz, Blueprint Research and Design, Inc.
- Jacqueline Berrien, NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund
- Imani Constance Burnett, Southeast Council on Foundations
- Rick Cohen, National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy
- Terri Lee Freeman, The Community Foundation for the National Capitol Region
- Kumi Naidoo, CIVICUS (through 2009), Greenpeace International
- Eva J. Paterson, Equal Justice Society
- Tarso Ramos, Western States Center
- Laurie Regelbrugge, Unocal Corporation
- Robert Sherman, Surdna Foundation
- Arturo Vargas, National Association of Latino Elected Officals Education Fund
- Maya Wiley, Center for Social Inclusion
In 2007 Tarso Ramos was listed on the DataCenter's annual report as a donor to the organization. The Oakland, California based DataCenter is widely regarded as the intellegence wing of the United States Left and has close ties to Cuba.
Left Forum 2008
Is the Christian Right Dead?: The coalition between economic and social conservatives seems kind of rocky coming out of the Bush Presidency that brought them together. Is the Christian Right dead?
- Chip Berlet, Senior Analyst, Political Research Associates
- Tarso Ramos, Research Director, Political Research Associates
- Michelle Goldberg, Author
- Rich Meagher, Political Science, Marymount Manhattan College
Left Forum 2010
Right-Wing Populism, Political Economy & Radical Dissent: Public Eye
- Abby Scher (Chair) - Author, "Post-Palin Feminism;" former Editor, Public Eye Magazine
- Chip Berlet - Senior Analyst, Political Research Associates; Co-author, Right-Wing Populism in America
- Sue Udry - Executive Director, Defending Dissent Foundation
- Tarso Ramos - Executive Director, Political Research Associates
Ear to the Ground Project
- We would like to express our deep respect and appreciation for everyone who took the time to talk with us, and the organizations that generously hosted us during our travels. Interviews were confidential, but the following people have agreed to have their names listed for this publication:
Most of those listed were connected to Freedom Road Socialist Organization.
Tarso Ramos was among those on the list. 
Backing Marty Walsh, 2013
- A diverse group of civic leaders from communities of color have come together to unanimously endorse Marty Walsh in the race to become mayor of Boston.
- We will be working to support the campaign in the upcoming weeks and we urge people in our communities to elect Marty Walsh as the next mayor of Boston!
Individuals (as of 10/12/2013)
Mukiya Baker-Gomez, Kelly Bates, Diana Bell, Doris Bunte, Karen Chen, Sean K. Daughtry , Paulo A. De Barros, Cindy Diggs, An Duong, Eric Esteves, Rev. Gregory Groover, Rev. James W. Hills, Gilbert Ho, Maude Huard , Samuel Hurtado, Robert Kinney, Baolian Kuang, Lauren Jacobs, Jenny Lau, Lisette Le, Will Lee, Mark Liu, Darlene Lombos, Tom Louie, Lydia Lowe, Julia Mejia, Gloribell Mota, Noemi Mimi Ramos, Tarso Ramos, Ivan Reyes , Danny Rivera, Talia Rivera, Daysa Santana, Khalida Smalls, Alejandra St. Guillen, Aaron Tanaka, Jian Hua Tang, Mario Teran, Natalicia Tracy, Veronica Turner-Biggs, Gladys Vega, Mariama White-Hammond, Ann Har-Yee Wong, Joseph Y. Wong, Charles Wynder, Jr., Henry Yee, Tony M. Yee.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those indicating they would attend, on Facebook included Tarso Ramos.
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward
Now What? Defying Trump and the Left's Way Forward was a phone in webinar organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization in the wake of the 2016 election.
- Now what? We’re all asking ourselves that question in the wake of Trump’s victory. We’ve got urgent strategizing and work to do, together. Join Ash-Lee Woodard Henderson of the Movement for Black Lives and Freedom Road, Calvin Cheung-Miaw, Jodeen Olguin-Taylor of Mijente and WFP, Joe Schwartz of the Democratic Socialists of America, and Sendolo Diaminah of Freedom Road for a discussion of what happened, and what we should be doing to build mass defiance. And above all, how do we build the Left in this, which we know is the only solution to the crises we face?
- This event will take place Tuesday November 15, 2016 at 9pm Eastern/8pm Central/6pm Pacific.
Those expressing interest in attending, on Facebook included Tarso Ramos.