Susan Gregson joined the University of Cincinnati in 2011 as an Assistant Professor of Mathematics Education. Her research interests include: equitable classroom practice, critical mathematics education, and the preparation of mathematics teachers for effective instruction of marginalized students. She has 15 years experience teaching middle and high school mathematics in urban, small urban, rural, and international contexts. She earned her Ph.D. from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign where she taught courses for both in-service and pre-service mathematics teachers, and engaged in classroom-based professional developmentthrough the Center for Education in Small Urban Communities. Dr. Gregson has presented papers on mathematics education at nationally and internationally renowned conferences. An article related to her dissertation research at an urban school for social justice, appears in the most highly ranked peer review journal in mathematics education.
- Doctorate (Ph.D.), University of Illinois, Champaign, IL, 2012, (Curriculum and Instruction with emphasis on mathematics education.)
- Masters of Education, University of Mississippi, Oxford, MS, 2001, (Mathematics education)
- Mathematics Certification requirements completed, MST Program, University of Illinois, Chicago, IL,1989
- Bachelor of Science, University of Illinois, Champaign, IL, 1986, (Mathematics and computer science)
Socialist Study & Education Group (Cincinnati DSA)
Metro Cincinnati Democratic Socialists of America Socialist Study & Education Group (Cincinnati DSA) Public Group.
Accessed May 26, 2018;
- A group for educational discussion regarding socialism in the Greater Cincinnati area. Ran by Democratic Socialists of America, but anyone interested is welcome!
Members include Susan Gregson.
The Progressive Student News September 1989 issue contributors were Chris Babiarz, Lorelei Berndt, Tom Burke, Joe Burns, Kim DeFranco, Susan Gregson, Pat Kearns, Jennifer Leazer, Catherine Lundoff, Bruce Nestor, Caryl Sortwell, John Stonebarger, and Michael Turnure.
"Support Bill Ayers"
In October 2008, several thousand college professors, students and academic staff signed a statement Support Bill Ayers in solidarity with former Weather Underground Organization terrorist Bill Ayers.
In the run up to the U.S. presidential elections, Ayers had come under considerable media scrutiny, sparked by his relationship to presidential candidate Barack Obama.
- We write to support our colleague Professor William Ayers, Distinguished Professor of Education and Senior University Scholar at the University of Illinois at Chicago, who is currently under determined and sustained political attack...
- We, the undersigned, stand on the side of education as an enterprise devoted to human inquiry, enlightenment, and liberation. We oppose the demonization of Professor William Ayers.
Susan Gregson of the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign signed the statement.