Sunflower Community Action
Sunflower Community Action is a Kansas activist group.
- Guadalupe Magdaleno - Executive Director
- Brandon Johnson - Water Access Coordinator/Environmental Organizer
- John Klapperich, Volunteer KSUN Manager
- Carolina Hernandez Arango, Immigrant Justice Organizer
- Durell Gilmore - Environmental Justice Organizer
- Dorlan Bales - Volunteer Development Assistant
- Keith Bartel - Volunteer Operations Coordinator
- We circulated the Conyers petition, getting about 30 signatures. We did run into one former member of Wichita DSOC who is very interested in getting involved again!
People specifically mentioned in Elliot's report on DSA participation included Louis Goseland, (Sunflower Community Action), and Aaron Rivers, (Young Democratic Socialists), Harold Schlechtweg (SEIU Local 513), Larry Burks, Janice Bradley, and Jim Phillips, (Democratic Socialists of America)
Other speakers included William Rogers, Wichita Labor Federation, Billie Nyden, (Moveon.org), Mike Shatz (Progressivetoo.com), Dustin Bond, Dennis Romero, (Tequila Party), Emira Palacios (Sunflower Community Action).
Gala guest speakers
In July 2016 Sunflower Community Action enlisted guest speakers Tony Pecinovsky and Onleilove Alston, Executive Director of PICO (People Improving Communities through Organizing) for their 25th Anniversary gala.