Steve Drahozal is a Dubuque Iowa activist.
2/25/17 Dubuque Democratic Socialists general meeting minutes;
- Chair: Christoffer Lammer-Heindel
- Vice-Chair: Naomi Peachy Clark and Carolyn Scherf
- Secretary: Christine Darr
- Treasurer: Kalee Kerper
- Steve Drahozal appointed parliamentarian
- Thank you to Rachel Lenstra for leading Socialist School—we are committed to making meetings as accessible as possible for all, including children
Single payer rally
Democratic activists and progressive groups in Dubuque hosted a rally May 21 2017, in support of a single-payer health care system.
The “Medicare for All” rally was held from noon to 1 p.m. at Town Clock Plaza.
“A Medicare for All health care system is the only way to achieve truly universal health care that is both high in quality and cost savings,” organizers wrote in a press release.
Speakers included Steve Drahozal, chairman of the Dubuque County Democratic Party, Black Hawk County Supervisor Chris Schwartz, Democratic U.S. Congressional candidate Courtney Rowe and mental health professional Derrick Rogers Clark.