Sheryl K. Sandberg
Sheryl Kara Sandberg is the Chief Operating Officer of Facebook.
Facebook Meeting with 'African-American and Muslim groups'
DeRay Mckesson tweeted in October 2017 that he met with Facebook Public Policy Manager Neil Potts and Facebook Chief Operating Officer (COO) Sheryl Sandberg along with radical left activists Blair Imani, Brittany Packnett, Sam White, Samuel Sinyangwe and others to discuss "safety, activism, Russia, & a host of ideas about moving forward."
The meeting with left wing activists was one of several referenced in Politico last year, including one with the Congressional Black Caucus, who "confronted" Sheryl Sandberg over "the lack of diversity on the Facebook board and the Russian bought ads which positioned Black Live Matter as a divisive wedge":
- "Seeking to address concerns over Russian-linked ads that ran on Facebook during the 2016 election, COO Sheryl Sandberg met this week in Washington with leaders from Latino, Muslim-American and African-American rights groups, an unprecedented outreach for the company...Facebook declined to say which African-American and Muslim groups met with Sandberg...",
Endorsed Hillary Clinton; Accused of sharing 'research' with Clinton Campaign
- "At the meeting, which took place a month before Clinton formally announced her candidacy for president, Sandberg shared research on 'gender and leadership by women.' It’s unclear from the emails if the research in question was done by Facebook, or if it was Sandberg’s personal research."
“Revolution at the Crossroads" criticism
From February 17-19 2017, members of Young Democratic Socialists (YDS) gathered for “Revolution at the Crossroads: Igniting the Socialist Resistance Against Trump.” The first YDS conference since the post-Bernie/Trump boom, the gathering "acted as a rally point for all our new members as well as the staging ground for building and confronting the new far-right administration".
More than 250 people attended, almost three times as many as last year. Many of the attendees had just joined DSA in the past couple of months, and many were first politicized by the Bernie campaign. But "as less than a month had passed since the Inauguration, all attendees were concentrated on President Trump's new far-right administration".
During the last day of the conference there was a final set of plenaries and group discussions. Longtime DSA member Michele Rossi and CUNY Professor Nichole Shippen spoke about socialist feminism and the importance of resisting the liberal feminist narrative of Hillary Clinton and Sheryl Sandberg, who prioritize women in power over the needs of working-class women. Workshop topics included building sanctuary campuses, socialist political education, and queer liberation. In the last hour of the conference, attendees reflected on their successes, the challenges ahead, and how to best fight the Trump administration.
- Brookings Institution website: Board of Trustees (accessed on Jan 7, 2010)
- Deray tweet, accessed April 13 2018
- Sandberg holds damage-control meetings with minority groups, accessed April 13 2018
- CBC scolds Facebook over Black Lives Matter ads, accessed April 13 2018
- [http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3832513/Lean-Facebook-s-Sheryl-Sandberg-gave-Hillary-Clinton-research-gender-leadership-weeks-launch-presidential-campaign.html Lean in! Facebook's Sheryl Sandberg gave Hillary Clinton research on 'gender and leadership' weeks before launch of presidential campaign, accessed April 13 2018
- [http://dailycaller.com/2016/10/10/leaked-emails-show-facebook-exec-shared-research-with-clinton-campaign/ Leaked Emails Show Facebook Exec Shared Research With Clinton Campaign, accessed April 13 2018
- [http://www.dsausa.org/yds_igniting_the_socialist_resistance_against_trump YDS YDS:Igniting the Socialist Resistance Against Trump Posted by Democratic Socialists of America on 03.10.17]