Shelby Richardson, Jr.
- I lived my formative years on the south side of Chicago attending Harlan High School. I became interested in politics in the 1960's which was a time of great social unrest, promise and change. Out of that experience I found my way to the Communist Party, which I felt embraced change based on equality for everyone.
Communist Party USA
In 2001 the Structure and Organization Convention Committee for the 27th National Convention of the Communist Party USAincluded Marc Brodine (WA), Bill Davis (NY), Rosita Johnson (E. PA), Steve Noffke (MI), Brian Steinberg CT), Shelby Richardson (Ill) and Mark Almberg (ILL).
Joan Elbert, Barbara Russum, Bea Lumpkin, William Appelhans, Bill Mackovich, Carolyn Black, Carroll Krois, Dee Myles , Doug Freedman, Frank Lumpkin, John Bachtell, Kevin Collins, Lance Cohn, Mark Almberg, Marguerite Horberg, Martha Pedroza, Mike Giocondo, Pepe Lozano, Roberta Wood, Scott Marshall, Shelby Richardson, Sijisfredo Aviles, Sue Webb, Terrie Albano.
The Missouri/Kansas Friends of the People’s Weekly World held their 14th annual Hershel Walker Peace and Justice Awards Breakfast in St. Louis Missouri April 29 2006, "educating listeners about Venezuela and raising $3,000 for the PWW fund drive in the process."
Shelby Richardson, a leader of the Illinois district of the Communist Party, was the keynote speaker at the event, which drew over 100 union members, community activists and students. Richardson, who had recently attended the World Social Forum in Caracas, Venezuela, spoke about his experiences there.
President Hugo Chavez’s “21st century socialism” has brought concrete changes to the Venezuelan people, Richardson said. “The changes in Venezuela have shown us that a new world is possible,” he continued. He mentioned new health care and education programs, land redistribution and workers’ cooperatives as examples of the changes taking place.
Richardson also warned of the Bush administration’s attempts to weaken and isolate Chavez, saying that it is the responsibility of the American people to ensure that the U.S. does not interfere in Venezuela’s affairs.
Saluting workers everywhere!
In 2009 the Peoples Weekly World carried an article "Saluting workers everywhere!"
- Our unity makes Wall Street tremble
- Employee Free Choice and universal health care!
- A 'green', demilitarized, democratized economy that works for all!
Illinois Readers of the PWW signed the article.
Terrie Albano & John Bachtell - Jon Allen - Sijisfredo Aviles - Eric Robert Berdell - Carolyn Black & Bill Appelhans - Owen Brill - Helen Boothe - John Bradley - Docia Buffington & Abdul-Aziz Hassan - Cathy Campo & Kevin Lindeman - Cristobal Cavazos, Tania Brown & Anita Naoli - Andrew Chebuhar - Dean Christ & Joan Phillips - Ben Cline - Carmen Cohn & Lance Cohn - Alison Cooper - Clarice Durham - Joan Elbert - Thomas Fineberg & Maxine Fineberg - Oscar Forsman - Connie Hall - Ahmad Hassan - Harold Hill - Dajiang Hu - Marge Gamboa - Mike Giocondo & Carroll Krois - Luster Jackson - Ed Jenks & Mary Jenks - Earl R. Jones - Kenneth Kapel - Molly Kelley & Dallas Brown - Angela Larson & Bamshad Mobasher - Jim Lange - Joyce Lightfoot - Stephen Livingston - Guadalupe Lozano - Pepe Lozano - Bea Lumpkin & Frank Lumpkin - Megan Marshall - Scott Marshall & Roberta Wood -Bill Mackovich - Damien Matthews - Donn Miller - Stanley Moe - Ken Nelson - Tom Pace - Ted Pearson & Kathy Pearson - Martha Pedroza - Hector Pedroza - Shelby Richardson – Mark Rogovin & Michelle Rogovin - Barbara Russum -Armando Santos - Tom Shepherd - Evelyn Swan - Ruth Tregay -Kevin Tyson - John Wojcik.
African American Equality Commission
In July 2015, Members of African American Equality Commission Communist Party USA FaceBook group included Shelby Richardson, Jr..
- Closed working group for the African American Equality Commission of the CP USA. This is a space for members of the commission to brainstorm, communicate, and work through ideas between official meetings..
Shelby Richardson, Jr. represented the 18th International Meeting of Communist and Workers Parties, Hanoi, Vietnam, 2016.
- [http://www.cpusa.org/on-democracy-cpusa-leader-keynotes-student-convention/# On democracy, CPUSA leader keynotes student convention by: Shelby Richardson, Jr., November 15 2010]
- We salute the labor movement!, People's World, September 1, 2006
- PWW St. Louis raises $3,000 at awards breakfast Tony Pecinovsky & Julia Weaver May 12 2006
- PW, Saluting workers everywhere! by: ILLINOIS FRIENDS OF PWW may 1 2009
- American Equality Commission Communist Party USA FaceBook group. accessed July 10, 2015