Template:TOCnestleft Saundra Graham ...
World Peace Council
- Saundra Graham
- James Jackson - Communist Party USA member
- Maryann Mahaffey
- Michael Myerson - Communist Party USA member
- Mark Solomon
- Gus Newport - a World Peace Council Vice President
US Peace Council
- Mark Shanahan, CNFMP
- Sarah Staggs, Chicago Peace Council
- Rep. Irving Stolberg, Connecticut
- David Cortright, SANE
- Rev. William Hogan, Clergy and Laity Concerned
- Terry Provance, AFSC
- Michael Myerson, executive director - a long-time functionary of the New York State Communist Party USA.
- Erica Foldy, CNFMP
- Frank Chapman, AFSC
- Archie Singham, The Nation, editorial board
- Betsy Sweet, WILPF
- Rep. Saundra Graham, Massachusetts
- Miriam Friedlander and Gilberto Gerena-Valentin, New York City Council members
- Edwin Vargas, Jr., vice president, Connecticut Federation of Teachers, Hartford, Connecticut
1980s U.S. Peace Council leaders
- Rep. Saundra Graham, Massachusetts State Legislature
- Gus Newport, Mayor of Berkeley, CA
- Frank Rosen, President, District 11, united Electrical Workers Union
- Mark Solomon, Professor, Simmons College, Boston, MA
- Sara Staggs, Executive Director, Chicago Peace Council
SURVIVAL FEST 84 was held August 5 1984 in MacArthur Park.
"Come To Hear And Strategize With Those Changing The 1980's"
- How can we support each other in electing progressive local candidates?
- How can we make electoral work serve the grassroots movements for a freeze, for U.S. out of Central America and human needs?
- How can we over turn the racist dual primary system in the South?
- Is working inside and outside the Democratic Party a viable strategy and how can it be done?
- How can we formulate demands to revitalize our basic industries without falling into the pitfall of the chauvinist anti-import solution -- letting U.S. finance capital off the hook?
This event was organized by the Communist Workers Party front, the Coalition for a People's Convention. The event was advertised in a half-page notice in the Marxist weekly Guardian, their Book Supplement - Summer 1984, p. 12, and the Communist Workers Party and Federation For Progress were listed as participants.
- New Perspectives 1970 issue
- War Called Peace
- USPC conference brochure Yale University November 8-10, 1985