Sarah Sakha is a Public & International Affairs Student at Princeton University.
Princeton University, Bachelor of Arts Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs; Near Eastern, 2014 – 2018
Research & Analysis Intern
Research & Analysis Intern U.S. Department of State, Jul 2017 – Aug 2017 Washington, District Of Columbia Bureau of Conflict Stabilization Operations.
Princeton Divests Coalition
Princeton Divests Coalition, Apr 2015 – Jan 2017.
- Working on campaign to pass a referendum on campus which would compel Princeton University to divest from companies who profit from Israel's occupation of Palestine and commit humans rights violations through education, petitions, outreach, and activism.
The Princeton Progressive
The Princeton Progressive Jan 2015 – Jan 2017
- Writing commentary on human rights records and abuses in the West and in Iran and editing articles for Princeton's only leftist magazine.
National Iranian American Council
National Iranian American Council Jun 2016 – Jul 2016.
- Conducted policy research on issues facing Iranian-American community
- Wrote memos, news, analysis, and opinion pieces for the blog
- Assisted with foundation grant applications, proposals, and reports
- Reported on seminars, briefings, and panel events around D.C. pertaining to Iran/the nuclear deal
- Assisted with social media and website development
Intern - Congresswoman Kyrsten Sinema
May 2015 – Aug 2015, U.S. Congress.
- Worked with constituents who needed personal assistance with federal agencies, including but not limited to the Social *Security Administration, Department of Housing and Urban Development, and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
- Compiled information on free local and national resources, agencies, and organizations for veterans', women's, and seniors' resource guides
- Assisted with Veterans Resource Clinics and community outreach events
- Wrote letters of congratulations to students, teachers, and business leaders
- Gained valuable interpersonal and communication skills
Center for Iran and Persian Gulf Studies
- Conducting research on the history, social policy, and economic policy of social security and welfare in Iran.