Rosana Cruz, has ror more than 20 years, been on the front-lines of racial justice and human rights efforts on the local and national scene. Since 2007, she's held senior leadership positions in two of the most effective grassroots-led organizations in New Orleans: Safe Streets/Strong Communities and Voice Of The Ex-offender (V.O.T.E.). After the levees burst in 2005, Rosana was the Field Coordinator at the National Immigration Law Center, helping to establish the New Orleans Worker Center for Racial Justice. Previous to her work against the criminalization of black and brown people in New Orleans, she directed the Lesbian and Gay Community Center of New Orleans and was the Southern Field Organizer for Amnesty International. Rosana serves on the Board of Directors of Women With A Vision and is a core member of the Women's Health and Justice Initiative. She holds an MA in Latin American Studies and a BA in Race and Gender. She has lived in New Orleans for over 15 years.
RTTC Regional Contacts 2014
Right to the City Regional Contacts 2014.
- Boston/Providence – Soledad Lawrence, City Life/Vida Urbana
- DC Metro – Jon Liss, Tenants and Workers United
- Los Angeles – Gilda Haas, Strategic Actions for a Just Economy
- Miami – Gihan Perera, Miami Workers Center
- New Orleans – Rosana Cruz, Safe Streets/Strong Communities
- New York City – Rickke Mananzala, FIERCE
- SF Bay Area – Dawn Phillips, Causa Justa/Just Cause Oakland
- Chinatown Alliance – Helena Wong, CAAAV Organizing Asian Communities
- http://righttothecity.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/FundersGuide.pdf RTTC Funders Guide, 2014]