Richard Von Glahn
- 1 JwJ Staff, 2018
- 2 2016 JwJ national conference
- 3 JwJ staff
- 4 Vote No on Prop A/Missouri JwJ
- 5 Comrades
- 6 Communist Party Herschel Walker award event
- 7 Missouri State Workers' Union
- 8 "Cap the Rate and Raise the Wage!"
- 9 Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
- 10 2017 Hershel Walker Peace and Justice Awards
- 11 References
JwJ Staff, 2018
- Caitlyn Adams, Executive Director
- Kristian Blackmon, St. Louis Organizer
- Ashli Bolden, Civic Engagement Director
- Lara Granich, Director Emeritus
- Justin Stein, Organizing Director
- Richard Von Glahn, Policy Director
2016 JwJ national conference
Lara Granich February 11, 2016 ·
Missouri is ready to roll at the Jobs With Justice 2016 National Conference tomorrow. 750 of the best organizers in the country? Folks in this pic are just a portion of our share #jwj16 — with Kristian Blackmon, Sarita Gupta, Audrey Hollis, Rasheen Aldridge, Ashli Bolden, Caitlyn Adams and Julie Terbrock.
Lara Granich October 1, 2015 ·
These folks. The BEST! I'm so lucky to work with them. And I am so glad we could stop running around just long enough to spend a few days all together. #StaffRetreatSmiles #Grateful — with Martin Rafanan, Justin Marion Stein, Ashli Bolden, Charlie Edelen IV, Caitlyn Adams, Kristian Blackmon and Richard Von Glahn.
Vote No on Prop A/Missouri JwJ
Teresa Mithen Danieley August 7, 2018 ·
Tony Pecinovsky March 25, 2009
Made with PicDoodle: http://apps.facebook.com/picdoodle/view?drawing_id=28e14a2813f241d8&ref=photos — with Richard Von Glahn, Angie Evans Holman, Cathy Sherwin, Aaron Burnett, Dawn Berkbigler, Aaron Margolis and Julie Terbrock.
Communist Party Herschel Walker award event
The Missouri Communist Party USA's Friends of the People’s World hosted their 18th annual ‘Hershel Walker Peace and Justice Awards Breakfast’ Saturday, May 8, 2010, at the CWA Local 6300 Union Hall, 2258 Grissom Drive (in the Westport area), St. Louis.
Newspaper Guild International President Bernie Lunzer was the main speaker for the event.
The honorees were:
- Tony Harris, President American Postal Workers Union (labor)
- Martin Rafanan, Ex. Director Gateway Homeless Services (community)
- State Senator Rita Heard Days, D-14 (public service)
- Clem Smith, Coalition of Black Trade Unionists (civil rights)
The awards honor the memory of late Communist Party USA member Hershel Walker, a Missouri labor and civil rights activist, who died in 1990 at the age of 81. Walker’s life – which spanned 60 years of activism – ended tragically when hit by a car on his way to deliver petitions to save 4,000 jobs at the Chrysler Plant.
Known attendees included Communist Party USA affiliates, Tony Pecinovsky, Jim Wilkerson, Zenobia Thompson, Lew Moye, Glenn Burleigh, Julie Terbrock, John Bowman, Joe Thomas, Jeanette Mott Oxford, Democratic Socialists of America member Joan Suarez, plus Mahrya Monson, Don Giljum, Jessica Pace, Jason Kennedy, Jennifer Rafanan, Solveig Paulson, Dr. Greg Miday, Roosevelt Stewart, Michael Vossler, Maria Chappelle-Nadal, Richard Von Glahn, Shannon Duffy and State Rep. James Morris. 
Missouri State Workers' Union
"Cap the Rate and Raise the Wage!"
Progress Missouri May 6, 2012 · ·
This is what democracy looks like! More than 350,000 signatures submitted to the Missouri Secretary of State to Cap the Rate and Raise the Wage!
Did you and your friends sign the petitions? Tag the photo here! — with Frank Kovarik, Bob Minor, Derek Wetherell, Charlie Edelen IV, Eric Meyer, Montague Simmons, Joseph Anthony, Richard Von Glahn, Jim Kottmeyer, Jeff Ordower, Trista Soendker Nicholson, Caitlyn Adams, Cathy Sherwin, Matthew Patterson, Alexandra Townsend, Alyssa Soendker, Lara Granich, Mary Clemons, Wayne Brekhus, Robin Acree, James Powell, Julie Terbrock, Bradley Harmon, Aaron Burnett, Reese Erick Forbes, Jonathan Byrd, Amy Smoucha, Jimmy Lappe, David Martino, Lenny Jones, Mary Still, Eva Kathleen Schulte, Kim Clark, Jeanette Mott Oxford, Nancy Cross, Jeff Mazur, Dick Wilson, Brendan Smith, Roy Temple, Sarah Wood Martin, Adam J. Shriver, Phil Snider, A.J. Bockelman, Tianna Soendker and Shannon Duffy.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those invited, on Facebook included Richard Von Glahn.
2017 Hershel Walker Peace and Justice Awards
A diverse crowd of 170 gathered at the Painter’s Union District Council 58 hall to honor five labor and community leaders receiving the Hershel Walker ‘Peace and Justice’ Awards Breakfast May 13, 2017.
The annual awards breakfast was commissioned to commemorate the extraordinary life of St. Louis trade unionist and civil rights leader Hershel Walker, who dedicated over 60 years to the labor, peace, and justice movements.
This year’s Hershel Walker ‘Peace and Justice’ awardees were:
Cara Spencer: Alderwoman of the 20th Ward and director of the Consumer Council of Missouri, a non-profit advocating for consumers over corporate profits. Cara has passed the toughest legislation regulating payday lenders in the country and focuses her efforts on vacancy, affordable-housing, and community safety.
Rep. Bruce Franks, Jr.: Democratic representative for the city’s 78th legislative district in the Missouri House of Representatives. He was elected to his first two-year term in November 2016. Bruce is a small-business owner, was appointed Police Community Liaison by the St. Louis police chief, and founded 28 to life, a local youth violence prevention organization.
Richard Von Glahn: Policy director for Missouri Jobs with Justice, Richard first got involved in the labor movement while a student at Washington University-St. Louis by helping to establish the Student Worker Alliance at the university. The students living wage campaign eventually secured over $2 million in salary increases for university support staff.
Ed Finkelstein: Publisher of the St. Louis/Southern Illinois Labor Tribune, one of the few remaining weekly labor newspapers in the country. Ed joined the Labor Tribune when he was 14 years old. After graduating from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Journalism in 1959 he served six years as an information officer with the Strategic Air Command in Wyoming and England. In 1970, Ed took over management of the Tribune and restored its aggressiveness and coverage of local and national labor news.
Jay Ozier: President and founding member of the Coalition of Black Trade Unionists-St Louis Chapter. Jay is a member of the Carpenters Union local 92, and for decades has been a champion for human, labor, and civil rights.
- [ http://www.stlouisguild.org/headlines/?p=880St. Louis Newspaper Guild, Guild I.P. Bernie Lunzer to speak Saturday morning at CWA Local 6300, May 5th, 2010]
- [Martin Rafanan Flickr photostream, accessed Jan. 8, 2010]
- PWW, Missouri workers: Christie's plan "sick and wrong", by: Tony Pecinovsky September 28 2011
- FB Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing Went 109
- Missouri-Kansas People’s World hosts 25th Annual Hershel Walker ‘Peace and Justice’ Awards May 17, 2017 12:19 PM CDT BY AL NEAL