- Studied Education at Touro
- Studied Social sciences at The College of New Rochelle
- Went to Campion College
Richard Hoyen received a bachelor of architecture from Cooper Union in New York in 1981.
The Communist Party USA paper promoted a massive "peace" rally in New York on June 12 1982. The People's Daily World covered the rally under a huge caption extending over half the front page, "Name June 12 Peace Day."
According to reporter, Emily DeNitto, describes a meeting;
"Speakers representing a whole spectrum of New Yorkers came to voice their concern over the nuclear arms buildup."
Among those who spoke were actress Colleen Dewhurst, Jarvis Tyner, chairman of the New York District of the Communist Party USA, Balfour Brickner, senior rabbi at the Stephen Wise Free Synagogue, Bella Abzug of Women USA, the Reverend David Garcia of St. Marks Church and Richard Hoyen, chairman of the New York Young Workers Liberation League.
People's Daily World
Communist Party reformer
In 1991 Richard Hoyen, New York was one of several hundred Communist Party USA members to sign the a paper "An initiative to Unite and Renew the Party" - most signatories left the Party after the December 1991 conference to found Committees of Correspondence.
Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s
The Conference on Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the 90s was the Committees of Correspondence's first national conference held in Berkeley, California July 17-19, 1992.
Workshops that were held at the conference on Saturday, July 18 included:
Education The crisis of public education. What is needed to create a school system which is free, universally accessible, multi-cultural, integrated and which truly prepares young people for adult life?
- Alva Buxenbaum, AFT Local 2, NY
- Jack Kurzweil, VP, California Faculty Association, San Jose
- Pedro Noguera, Berkeley School Board
- Richard Hoyen, Caribbean activist, NY
New member phone bank
New member phone bank Public · Hosted by Communist Party USA.
Saturday, April 15, 2017 at 11 AM - 4 PM EDT
Your living room
- We're organizing a phonebank to our new members on Saturday and we need your help. The callfire service allow you to make the calls from home, using your smartphone, laptop or deskstop. You'll get a real charge from talking to them! Aint' nuthin like it!! Please click "going" if you can make calls! Thanks!
Those invited to participate on on Facebook included Richard Hoyen.
National Party Building Conference
Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 12 PM – 6 PM EST
Join Communist Party activists and members in a national conference. You can register here https://tinyurl.com/ycdouk3y
The conference will take place November 11th to 12th to plan our work in the fight against the Trump Administration and its white supremacist ruling class backers. Find information here about how to participate. http://www.cpusa.org/2017-national-party-building-conference-resist-organize-vote-grow/
The conference will be streamed from Chicago to regional meetings in New Haven, Los Angeles, and Orlando. Whether you’re on the East Coast, West Coast, in the MIdwest or the South, you’ll be able to participate.
Those invited on Facebook included Richard Hoyen.
- People's Daily World June 14 Page 3
- PDW Dec. 9.
- Addendum to Initiative document
- Conference program
- Proceedings of the Committees of Correspondence Conference: Perspectives for Democracy and Socialism in the '90s booklet, printed by CoC in NY, Sept. 1992 (Price: $4)