Reports of 'rounding up' homosexuals
- "You cannot detain and persecute people who simply do not exist in the republic," Ramzan Kadyrov said. "If there were such people in Chechnya, the law-enforcement organs wouldn't need to have anything to do with them because their relatives would send them somewhere from which there is no returning."
- [http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/chechen-police-killed-3-while-rounding-up-100-alleged-homosexuals-report-1.3351133 Chechen police killed 3 while rounding up 100 alleged homosexuals: report, accessed April 2 2017]
- [http://www.voanews.com/a/is-chechnyas-ramzan-kadyrov-still-in-moscows-favor-/3570099.html Is Chechnya's Ramzan Kadyrov Still in Moscow's Favor?, accessed April 2 2017]
- CHECHNYA BOMB KILLS PRESIDENT A BLOW TO PUTIN, accessed April 2 2017
- Leading Russian Daily Says Chechen Authorities Arresting, Killing Homosexuals, accessed April 2 2017
- Chechen police 'have rounded up more than 100 suspected gay men', accessed April 2 2017