Before his election, Supervisor Mandelman served as a Deputy City Attorney for the City of Oakland and as an elected Trustee on the City College of San Francisco Board of Trustees. As a Deputy City Attorney, Supervisor Mandelman practiced primarily in the areas of real estate, economic development, and affordable housing.
Supervisor Mandelman has been active on a variety of public and nonprofit boards, having served as a commissioner on San Francisco’s Building Inspection Commission and Board of Appeals, a member of the Bay Area Jewish Community Relations Council, president of the Board of Directors of Livable City, and Co-Chair of the San Francisco LGBT Community Center Board. A past president of the Noe Valley and Harvey Milk LGBT Democratic Clubs, Supervisor Mandelman has been an elected member of the San Francisco Democratic County Central Committee since 2006.
Supervisor Mandelman grew up in San Francisco, attending Brandeis-Hillel Day School and Lick-Wilmerding High School prior to earning a B.A. in History from Yale College, a Master of Public Policy from Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government and a law degree from UC Berkeley’s Boalt Hall School of Law.
- Studied Law at UC Berkeley
- Studied Public Policy at Harvard University
- Studied History at Yale University
- Went to Lick - Wilmerding High School
Eric Mar supporters
Eric Mar April 21, 2012.
With Raymond Fong, Chris Jackson, Myrna Melgar, Gabriel Haaland, Michael Tong, David Campos, John Avalos, Amy Bacharach, Ken Wang, Conny Ford, Robynn Takayama, Jane Kim, John Rizzo, Chris Gembinski, Steve Ngo, Evan Brown, Pam Tau Lee, Jeff Adachi, Rafael Mandelman, Wendolyn Aragon, Nicole Derse, Hene Kelly, Alex T. Tom, Sasha Cuttler, Myron Lee, Richard Rothman, Shaw San Liu, Jen Kwart, Mike Alonso, Nick Pagoulatos, Leah Taylor Pimentel, Alex Walker, Viva Mogi, Yvonne Liu, Linshao Chin, Dan Nguyen-Tan, Wyatt Lim-Tepper and Kelly Welsh Dwyer.
Jane Kim connection
Rafael Mandelman, January 5 2016;
- Thank you Supervisor Jane Kim for swearing me in today and for all your efforts to make Free City College a reality! — with Jane Kim.
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing
Revolutionary Strategies to Beat the Rising Right Wing, was a nationwide conference call organized by Freedom Road Socialist Organization, Sunday October 30, 2016.
- What's the nature of this right-wing threat? What has this election cycle changed about the political terrain we're fighting on? How do we need to prepare for whats coming after the election? Hear about these crucial questions from our panel of top political strategists, including Nelini Stamp, Bill Fletcher, Jr., Linda Burnham, and Sendolo Diaminah.
Those indicating interest in attending, on Facebook included Rafael Mandelman.
Rose Pak Democratic Club 2016 voter guide
- Jane Kim
- Victor Hwang
- Sandra Fewer
- Aaron Peskin
- Norman Yee
- Hillary Ronen
- Lateefah Simon
- Stevon Cook
- Matt Haney
- Mark Sanchez
- Rafael Mandelman
- Alex Randolph
- Tom Temprano