Circa 2008, four members of the arizona state legislature joined together to form a "Progressive Caucus" for the House of Representatives of the Arizona State Legislature.
- Dr. Ted Downing, Tucson, State Representative, Legislative District 28
- Ben Miranda, Phoenix, State Representative, Legislative District 16
- Phil Lopes, Tucson, State Representative, Legislative District 27
- Kyrsten Sinema, Phoenix, State Representative, Legislative District 15
Supported Progressive Health Care Reform
In late 2009, Phil Lopes was one of more than 1,000 state legislators to sign a letter entitled "State Legislators for Progressive Health Care Reform". The letter was a project of the Progressive States Network and was developed in consultation with national health care reform advocates, including the AFL-CIO, AFSCME, Community Catalyst, Families USA, Herndon Alliance, National Women's Law Center, Northeast Action, SEIU, and Universal Health Care Action Network. The letter reads in part,
- "Failure to pass national comprehensive health reform now will further jeopardize state and local budgets, undermining public services like education, public safety, and transportation infrastructure... We, the undersigned, call on President Obama and the Congress to enact bold and comprehensive health care reform this year – based on these principles and a strong federal-state collaboration – and pledge our support as state legislators and allies in pursuit of guaranteed, high quality, affordable health care for all."
Bill Honigman February 13, 2014:
PDA Family :-) — with Terence Dicks, Michael Lighty, Allan Nowakowski, Janis Kay, Eric Griego, Mark Dudzic, Paul Stokes, Russell Freedman, Mimi Kennedy, Walter Kloefkorn, Barbara Njos, Randall Holmes, Phil Lopes, Virginia Hauflaire, Judy Hess, Stephen Spitz, Mary Ellen Marino, Ruth Carter, Jim Hannley, Tim Carpenter, Conor Boylan, Michael Fox, Russell Greene and Jeanne Marie Dauray.
In 2012 LD3 State Committee representatives were: Keith Bagwell, Sal Baldenegro, Donna Branch-Gilby, Pat Burns, Andres Cano, Cecilia Cruz-Baldenegro, Carolina Cruz-Popkin, Eva Carrillo Dong, Paul Eckerstrom, Isabel Garcia, Maria Garcia, Andrew Gardner, Sally Ann Gonzales, Luis A. Gonzales, Ramon Gonzales, Soaring Hawk, Alma Hernandez, Caitlin Jensen, Hai Laventure, Pamela Lopes, Phil Lopes, Michael Ossipov, Pat Poore, Barbara Tellman, Cecilia Valdez, and Barbara Wright. 
- Progressive Arizona website PROFILES IN VISION ARIZONA STATE REPS FORM PROGRESSIVE LEGISLATIVE CAUCUS, accessed Feb. 21, 2011
- Progressive States Network: State Legislators for Progressive Health Care Reform (accessed on Dec. 23, 2010)
- for Arizona, Democratic Party reorganization: Anti-Grijalva shake-up in LD3 Posted on November 28, 2012 by Pamela Powers Hannley |