- 1 Structure of DSLC
- 2 Seed the Vote
- 3 Mickey Jarvis connection
- 4 DSA meeting
- 5 Socialists organize to "challenge for power" in Los Angeles
- 6 War Times
- 7 How Class Works
- 8 Sacramento Marxist School
- 9 Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- 10 Free Mumia Abu-Jamal
- 11 UC Berkeley Labor Center
- 12 Social Policy
- 13 Support for Bernie Sanders
- 14 Labor for Our Revolution leaders
- 15 Cisneros campaign
- 16 References
Peter Olney is a Los Angeles activist.
Structure of DSLC
The Democratic Socialist Labor Commission is headed by a twelve-person elected Steering Committee. 2020 Members of the current Steering Committee are:
- Damiana Dendy, Metro DC DSA
- Daniel Dominguez, Los Angeles DSA
- Jake Douglas, Denver DSA
- Anthony Downing, Lehigh Valley DSA
- Michael Ifeoma Esealuka, New Orleans DSA
- Laura Gabby, NYC DSA
- Rebecca Garelli, Phoenix DSA
- Mindy Isser, Philly DSA
- JP Kaderbek, Chicago DSA
- Peter Olney, San Francisco DSA
- Zachary Pattin, Tacoma DSA
- Ashley Payne, East Bay DSA 
Seed the Vote
Mickey Jarvis connection
Peter Olney knew Mickey Jarvis well;
- In all the working class organizing I have done over the last 30 years two phrases constantly serve as guideposts and measuring sticks: "A fucking concrete analysis of fucking concrete conditions" And "Time, place and condition."
- I always associate these with comrade Mickey Jarvis and I thank him for his guidance and tutelage.
- Peter Olney Organizing Director ILWU. 
On September 18, 1993 Peter Olney of the Service Employees International Union Local 399 addressed the Los Angeles Democratic Socialists of America local's fall membership meeting, on defending immigrant workers.
Socialists organize to "challenge for power" in Los Angeles
Tarzynski listed 25 people he thought should be on an "A-list" of "25 or so leaders/activists/intellectuals and/or "eminent persons" who would gather periodically to theorize/strategize about how to rebuild a progressive movement in our metropolitan area that could challenge for power."
Tarzynski listed himself, Harold Meyerson, Karen Bass, Sylvia Castillo, Gary Phillips, Joe Hicks, Richard Rothstein, Steve Cancian, Larry Frank, Torie Osborn, Rudy Acuna, Aris Anagnos, Abby Arnold, Carl Boggs, Blase Bonpane, Rick Brown, Stanley Sheinbaum, Alice Callahan, Jim Conn, Peter Dreier, Maria Elena Durazo, Miguel Contreras, Mike Davis, Bill Gallegos, Bob Gottlieb, Kent Wong, Russell Jacoby, Bong Hwan Kim, Paula Litt (and Barry Litt, with a question mark), Peter Olney, Derek Shearer, Clancy Sigal and Anthony Thigpenn.
Included in a suggested elected officials sub-group were Mark Ridley-Thomas, Gloria Romero, Jackie Goldberg, Gil Cedillo, Tom Hayden, Antonio Villaraigosa, Paul Rosenstein and Congressmen Xavier Becerra, Henry Waxman and Maxine Waters.
Tarzynski went on to write "I think we should limit the group to 25 max, otherwise group dynamics begins to break down....As i said, I would like this to take place in a nice place with good food and drink...it should properly be an all day event."
Endorsers of the project included Peter Olney, Institute for Labor and Employment.
How Class Works
At the How Class Works - 2002 Conference, panels included; 6.2 Recent Strike Experiences
“ CWA and the Verizon Strike”
“ The 1996 California Drywallers’ Strike”
- Peter Olney, UC Berkeley – Institute for Labor and Employment
“ Resurrecting the Strike as Labor’s Primary Weapon”
“ Justice for Janitors in Los Angeles”
“ The Teamsters and UPS”
- Peter Olney, Chair
Sacramento Marxist School
Open Letter to Obama on Iran
Free Mumia Abu-Jamal
UC Berkeley Labor Center
Support for Bernie Sanders
Peter Olney, retired from serving the International Longshore and Warehouse Union as Organizing Director. ILWU has endorsed Bernie Sanders for President. Peter is now working with the Labor for Bernie organization.
Labor for Our Revolution leaders
Labor for Our Revolution April 6;
More than 50 union leaders participated in the Labor for Our Revolution national meeting in Chicago. — with Clem Balanoff, Gene Bruskin, Matthew Graham, David W. Campbell, David Duhalde, Peter Hart, Tony Flora, Brenda Bosworth Rodrigues, Carey Dall, Penelope Jennewein, Joe Lawrence, Gene Elk, Dana Simon, Mark Dudzic, Kenneth Zinn, Zachary Pattin, Mike Parker, Kyle Machado, Peter Knowlton, Donna DeWitt, Brian Skiffington, Peter Olney, Jared Hicks, Marcelle Grair, Steve Early, Al Cholger and Erin McKee.
Peter Olney plans to spend September and October in Southern California working on the 39th Congressional campaign of Democrat Gil Cisneros. He is running to flip this Eastern LA County/Orange County seat, which Hilary carried by 8.5% points in the 2016 election. The incumbent Republican Ed Royce has resigned, but his former aid, Young Kim is running to replace him.
- [REMEMBERING MICKEY A MEMORIAL GATHERING FOR MICKEY JARVIS (1949-2005) New York City, May 21, 2005 Peter Olney]
- Dem. Left, Sept./Oct. 1993, page 26
- WAR TIMES January 29, 2002
- How Class Works - 2002 Conference Schedule (accessed July 24 2010)
- Open Letter to Obama on Iran
- Signers of Campaign to Free Mumia Abu-Jamal, Now
- UC Berkeley Labor Center: Board
- The Stansbury Forum AUGUST 5, 2018 All Out for the Mid-terms: Democrats Must Retake the House to Put the Brakes on Trump! BY PETER OLNEY AND RAND WILSON