Top Capitalists Meet with Obama
On Dec. 15, 2010, President Barack Obama met with the following business leaders: Greg Brown, Motorola; John Chambers, Cisco Systems; Kenneth Chenault, American Express; Dave Cote, Chairman of Honeywell International Inc.; Scott Davis, UPS; John Doerr, partner at Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers; Mark Gallogly, managing partner at Centerbridge Partners; Lew Hay, NextEra Energy; Jeffrey Immelt, General Electric; Ellen Kullman, DuPont; John Lechleiter, Eli Lilly; Andrew Liveris, Dow Chemical; James McNerney, Boeing; Indra Nooyi, PepsiCo; Paul Otellini, Intel; Penny Pritzker, Pritzker Realty Group; Brian Roberts, Comcast; Jim Rogers, Duke Energy; Eric Schmidt, Google; and Robert Wolf, UBS.
The stated purpose of the meeting was to discuss ways to work together on economic issues including job creation.
Prior to entering the meeting, Obama made a public statement during which he stated,
- "I believe that the primary engine of America's economic success is not government, it's the dynamism of our markets. And for me, the most important question about an economic idea is... whether it will help spur businesses, jobs and growth."
Obama for America, National Co-Chair
February 22, 2012, Obama for America, announced the selection of the campaign’s National Co-Chairs, a diverse group of leaders from around the country committed to re-electing President Obama. The co-chairs will serve as ambassadors for the President, advise the campaign on key issues, and help engage and mobilize voters in all 50 states.
Penny Pritzker – Founder and CEO of PSP Capital Partners, was on the list.
C100 Annual Conference 2016
The list of "official supporters of the Committee of 100 National Conference in April 16 2016, in Beverly Hills included;
- Edmund G. Brown Jr., Governor of the State of California
- Eric Garcetti, Mayor of the City of Los Angeles
- Cui Tiankai, Ambassador of the People’s Republic of China to the United States
- Penny Pritzker, U.S. Secretary of Commerce
- Cory Gardner, United States Senator
- Mark Kirk, United States Senator
- Ed Royce, Member of Congress, Chairman, House Foreign Affairs Committee
- Charles Boustany, Member of Congress
- Adam Schiff, Member of Congress
- Xavier Becerra, Member of Congress
- Mike Honda, Member of Congress
- Ted Lieu, Member of Congress
- Judy Chu, Member of Congress
- Liu Jian, Council General of the People’s Republic of China in Los Angeles
- Anthony Rendon, speaker of the California State Assembly
- Ed Chau, member of California State Assembly
- Betty Yee, California State Controller
- The Hill: White House announces chief executives attending Wednesday's meeting, Dec. 14, 2010 (accessed on Dec. 20, 2010)
- The Washington Post: The socialist president plays host to capitalism, Dec. 15, 2010 (accessed on Dec. 20, 2010)
- Judy Chu for Congress, February 22, 2012, OBAMA FOR AMERICA ANNOUNCES REP. JUDY CHU AS. NATIONAL CAMPAIGN CO-CHAIR