Owen Williamson earned a BA in English from the College of St. Thomas (now University of St. Thomas) in St. Paul, Minnesota, and an MA in Professional Writing and Rhetoric at University of Texas, El Paso. He was formerly certified as a Social Work Associate in Texas. He taught at Barton County Community College, in Kansas, before coming back to UTEP to teach, first with University College, currently with Undergraduate Studies, in the Developmental English Dept.
Williamson is associated with the Communist Party USA
Marxist rhetoric and praxis.
Latinos for Peace
On October 31 2009, Latinos For Peace issued a statement calling for “no escalation of the war in Afghanistan and for expedited withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq and Afghanistan as well as an end to the coup government in Honduras”.
More than 100 activists endorsed the call, including Owen Williamson, Texas El Paso.
Peoples World personnel
- Co-editors, Joe Sims, Susan Webb, Teresa Albano
- Mundo Popular Coordinators, Rossanna Cambron, Barbara Russum
- Labor Editor, John Wojcik
- Political Correspondent Tim Wheeler
- Business Manager, Jenn Delgado
- Contributing Editors, Marilyn Bechtel, Pepe Lozano, Barbara Russum, W. T. Whitney, Joel Wendland, Roberta Wood
- Volunteer Translators and Copyeditors (list in formation), Sijisfredo Aviles, Jesus Alvarado, Bill Appelhans, Jim Lane, Owen Williamson
Bureau Chiefs and National Contibutors, Juan Lopez (N. Calif.), Rossanna Cambron (S. Calif.), Joelle Fishman (Conn.), John Bachtell (Ill.), John Rummel (Mich.), Tony Pecinovsky (Mo.), Dan Margolis (N.Y.), Rick Nagin (Ohio), Libero Della Piana, Scott Marshall, Elena Mora, Emile Schepers, Jarvis Tyner, Sam Webb
CPUSA DFW Region Closed Group
Members included Owen Williamson .