October2011 - Stop The Machine Protest
October2011 - Stop The Machine Protest
An amalgamation of communist, marxist, socialist and leftist-liberal organizations has been brought back together to form a protest group tentatively called "Stop The Machine" (STM), for an October 6, 2011 protest in Washington, D.C. It's on-line "call to action" has the themed title of "Stop the Machine! Create a New World!", which is very similar to the Maoist/Marxist World Can't Wait organization which included many of the same people.
They issued an on-line call to action at their website "http://october2011.org/statement" which said the following:
"You Are Here. Stop the Machine! Create a New World!
Stop the Machine! Create a New World!
"A Call to Action - Oct. 6, 2011 and onward"
(The full text of their "call")
October 2011 is the 10th anniversary of the invasion of Afghanistan and the beginning of the 2012 federal austerity budget. It is time to light the spark that sets off a true democratic, nonviolent transition to a world in which people are freed to create just and sustainable solutions.
We call on people of conscience and courage - all who seek peace, economic justice, human rights and a healthy environment - to join together in Washington, D.C., beginning on Oct. 6, 2011, in nonviolent resistance similar to the Arab Spring and the Midwest awakening.
A concert, rally and protest will kick off a powerful and sustained nonviolent resistance to the corporate criminals that dominate our government.
Forty-seven years ago, Mario Savio, an activist student at Berkeley, said, "There's a time when the operation of the machine becomes so odious - makes you so sick at heart - that you can't take part. You can't even passively take part. And you've got to put your bodies upon the gears and upon the wheels, upon the levers, upon all the apparatus, and you've got to make it stop. And you've got to indicate to the people who run it, to the people who own it, that unless you're free, the machine will be prevented from working at all."
Those words have an even greater urgency today. We face ongoing wars and massive socio-economic and environmental destruction perpetrated by a corporate empire which is oppressing, occupying and exploiting the world. We are on a fast track to making the planet unlivable while the middle class and poor people of our country are undergoing the most wrenching and profound economic crisis in 80 years.
"Stop the Machine! - Create a New World!" is a clarion call for all who are deeply concerned with injustice, miitarism and environmental destruction to join in ending concentrated corporate power and taking direct control of a real participatory democracy. We will encourage a culture of resistance - using music, art, theater and direct nonviolent action - to take contraol of our country and our lives. It is about courageously resisting and stopping the corporate state from destroying not only our inherent rights and freedoms, but also our children's chance to live, breathe clean air, drink pure water, grow edible natural food and live in peace.
As Mother Jones said, "Someday the workers will take possession of your city hall, and when we do, no child will be sacrificed on the altar of profit."
We are the ones who can create a new and just world. Our issues are connected. We are connected. Join us in Washington, D.C., on Oct. 6, 2011, to Stop the Machine.
Take the pledge and sign up to attend here. Let America know you are coming to make history and a new world!
"I pledge that if any U.S. troops, contractors, or mercenaries remain in Afghanistan on Thursday, Octboer 6, 2011, as that criminal occupation goes into its 11th year, I will commit to being in Freedom Plaza in Washington, D.C., with others on that day with the intention of making it our Tahrir Square, Cairo, our Madison, Wisconsin, where we will NONVIOLENTLY resist the corporate machine to demand that our resources are invested in human needs and environmental protection instead of war and exploitation. We can do this together. We will be the beginning."
"Latest News and Videos":
- To Whom Do We Now Turn?
- Maria Allwine: Why I Will Be There
- Andy Shallal - Why I Will Be There
- October Becoming a Key Time for Transformative Change
- The Thirteen Indigenous Grandmothers
- Kevin Zeese - Why I Will Be There
- David Petrovich - Why I Will Be There
- Dennis Trainor, Jr. - Why I Will Be There
- Mark Manley - Why I Will Be There
- Lisa Simeone - Why I Will Be There
WHO WE ARE: We are supported by organizations that work for peace, justice, civil rights, jobs, green energy, a clean environment, a secure retirement, healthcare, infrastructre, education, joy, and other human needs. The organizers of this event are acting as individuals. This is an action by people, not by organizations.
- ANSWER - (a front of the Stalinist Workers World Party (WWP)
- Backbone Campaign
- Black Agenda Report
- Code Pink - (a marxist organization formed by Jodie Evans and Medea Benjamin, among others, (along with its parallel organization Global Exchange to support both communist regimes such as Castro's Cuba and Hugo Chavez's dictatorship in progress in Venezuela, as well as having aided Saddam Hussein's murderous regime in Iraq, among other radical causes.
- firedoglake - a leftist blogger who parrots both the marxism of the Left and of the White House
- Food Not Bombs
- Green Party, U.S. - (the "watermelon" party, green on the outside, red on the inside)
- Liberty Tree
- Liberty Underground of Virginia
- March Forward
- National Campaign for Nonviolent Resistance
- Poor Peoples Economic Human Rights Campaign
- Network of Spiritual Progressives - (a somewhat new organization of so-called "Progressives" who sound like cheap imitations of the hardcore religious Left leaders Michael Lerner Tikkun and Jim Wallis Sojourners
- Progressive Democrats of America (PDA) - (a mix of communists, marxists, socialist, left-liberals), many of whom are also in the marxist Democratic Socialists of America (DSA)
- Single Payer Action
- United National Antiwar Committee - (extremely far-left organization) (see their site at Keywiki)
- Veterans for Peace (VfP) - a far-left organization that was formed in the 1980's, patterned after a previously named Communist Party USA (CPUSA) front formed in the 1950's and then revived in the 1960's.
- War Is A Crime
- World Can't Wait (WCW) - (a marxist/maoist united front of communist, socialist and left-radical organizations) See KW site.
(To see more organizations) (more appear on the website and change over time)
"It is - finally - the protest I've been hoping/looking for" - Robert Leaver
People Who Have Pledged To be There!
This is one of several such lists, and is a shorter version of one that runs into hundreds of names (which will be entered later)
- Andy Shallal - an openly admitted Marxist, originally from Iraq
- Ann Wright - of the pro-Hamas Gaza Flotilla and other leftist protests
- Anthony Arnove
- Baldemar Velasquez - a leader of the United Farmworkers Union who has a significant list of supporter far-left causes including banquets of the CPUSA
- Ben Manski
- Bhikkhu Bodhi
- Bill Moyer - possibly the former PBS news/commentary show and far-left socialist
- Bill Quigley
- Bob Fitrakis
- Brian Becker - a member of the once Trotskyite, now Stalinist Workers World Party (WWP) and leader of its key front ANSWER
- Carlos Perez
- Carol Gay
- Chris Hedges - possibly a writer for a major US newspaper
- Coleen Rowley
- Cornel West - the marxist professor from Princeton; DSA
- Cynthia McKinney - former Democratic representative from Georgia known for her far-out views, her anti-semitism, her support of various communist fronts including ANSWER and WCW, as well as for Saddam Hussein and the Islamic jihaidists in Iran. She was in Iran for the "International Conference to Combat Terrorism", sponsored by Ahmadinejad in late July, 2011 where she was interviewed on Iran TV.
- David Rovics
- David Cobb
- David Himmelstein - Physicians for a National Health Program (PNHP), an organization formed by identified CPUSA member, later DSA member, Quentin Young, a close friend of President Obama
- David Lindorff
- David Swanson
- Debra Sweet - a key leader of the Revolutionary Communist Party (RCP) front, the World Can't Wait, Steering Committee
- Dennis Trainor, Jr.
- Derrick Jensen
- Diane Wilson
- Diane Wittner
- Elaine Brower - Steering Committee, WCW, RCP front
- Ellen Barfield
MORE TO FOLLOW: